Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Salisbury (spelling?) MERGED

R33T

If McNabb doesnt serve that up on a platter the boys record over the last 6 games is one better than ours so I wouldnt get too excited -- plus -- it's not like we are getting pushed around (except for NYG) By the way - we punched this philly team IN THE MOUTH last week -- yea the same one that dominated dallas for 50 minutes tonight.

Wow you barely hung on and beat them by 7 at home. :applause: I'd hardly call that "punching them in the mouth".

What Dallas did to them is considered a punch in the mouth. In fact not only did they punch them in the mouth, but they manhandled them and kicked their ass up and down Texas Stadium.

Also I don't recall you Redskin fans complaining about McNabb serving up a gift interception when your CB got one at the end of the game last week.

The only people on ESPN I can watch and not hate are Wilbon and Kornheiser on PTI. Another guy not mentioned who doesn't get much talking time because it's not his job is Tony Riali from Around the Horn or otherwise known as "Statboy" on PTI. Anytime someone has said anything positive on Around the Horn about the Redskins this year they get muted or he subtracts points from them and then throws in a smartass remark. His shows are filmed in DC so I'm assuming he either lives there or the suburbs and if he has such a grudge againt them, I say get away. Go to another city

Face it folks

The fools at ESPN are just giving a collective verbal BJ to ALL the Cowboys fans, knowing that they have such a large fan base and thus, they will watch ESPN knowing the ESPN idiots will stoke their egos with endless praise of the Cowboys

Actually, I've seen them report that we have a larger fan base. It said that the Redskins are the most marketably successful organization in the NFL because of this. Suposebly, we have the largest fan base in the NFL.

I know i was suprised by the size of it when I came on here. I mean I can't even keep up with the posts on board, especially on Sundays! There's just TOOOO many people!

I know down in both Florida and North Carolina there is also another large portion of the fan base.

You would think with that in mind, that they would be playing up the Redskins coverage.

I'm just mad my cable provider doesn't give us the NFL network so I'm stuck with ESPN! :mad:

Or like you beat us during Week 2?

They final score is all that matters. Or is that only when the Redskins get lucky and pull a miracle outa their ass?

You're right, the final score is all that matters. Any way we slice it, the Cowboys won. I am definitely looking forward to our rematch.

Wow you barely hung on and beat them by 7 at home. :applause: I'd hardly call that "punching them in the mouth".

What Dallas did to them is considered a punch in the mouth. In fact not only did they punch them in the mouth, but they manhandled them and kicked their ass up and down Texas Stadium.

Also I don't recall you Redskin fans complaining about McNabb serving up a gift interception when your CB got one at the end of the game last week.

Are you serious? In our game Mcnabb tried to force it in on a 4th and goal -- desperate attempt to tie the game. Tonight he was simply trying to move the chains and had a brain fart. And yea - we did dominate philly - look at the stats. If Brunell doesnt get his usual fumblitis at the goal line we are up by AT LEAST 14 at the end and the MCNabb pick wouldnt even matter.

Actually, I've seen them report that we have a larger fan base. It said that the Redskins are the most marketably successful organization in the NFL because of this. Suposebly, we have the largest fan base in the NFL.

I know i was suprised by the size of it when I came on here. I mean I can't even keep up with the posts on board, especially on Sundays! There's just TOOOO many people!

I know down in both Florida and North Carolina there is also another large portion of the fan base.

You would think with that in mind, that they would be playing up the Redskins coverage.

I'm just mad my cable provider doesn't give us the NFL network so I'm stuck with ESPN! :mad:

The NFL Net isn't any better. Especially with the way that Terrell Davis loves to turn his face up whenever he's asked if the Skins are a good team. On top of that, they treated Coach Gibbs like he was a crazy man for questioning what he saw on the 2pt. conversion against the Bucs.

Salisfairy is an idiot who has no credibility left as far as football is concerned in my eyes...

He flip flops on his statements so much it's ridiculous, ESPN shouldnt let him on air anymore w/out reminding him of what he said in the past so he thinks twice about flip-flopping...

Hey Salisfairy :finger: !

Salisbury has run the gambit on the NFC East

First the Eagles are a lock to repeat because they are the most complete team, then The Skins are the most complete team, Then The Giants are the most complete team, and Now the Cowboys are the most complete team

Time to get a new catch phrase and go around the horn again

I remember after you guys beat us in Week 2, Salisbury was saying how that is the type of game that can ruin your entire season. IT WAS WEEK 2, and no doubt you guys carried alot momentum out of that game. I think after Eli looked like a 2nd year QB out there against Minnesota, and the Giants D hasn't really impressed anyone, people are starting to realize they arent really that great a team. I don't expect a Skins board to admit Dallas deserves to be in 1st place, and I don't expect you guys to think we are the best in the NFC East....

The only way we will get respect is if we start dominating our division and even then I'm not sure it will happen.I think they are bunch of biased idiots.They were all over the Patriots bandwagon before the season even started talking about the FREAKING DYNASTY.We go 3-0 at the start of the season and we get no respect.Did you hear the commentary on the Monday Night game we won against Dallas?You'd think they were doing commentary for a golf game they were so bored by it all. Having vented my frustration...:dallasuck

The ESPN guys just go with whoever wins...im sure if we won this weekend and the giants/dallas lost they'd be talking us up too. Personally I cant tell who is the best out of the four teams (well Philly is losing ground). We all have our up and down games....i guess will see in the last 3 weeks

hello fellow skins fans, i am on 3rd shift & just "got off" reading about ESPN & pouring

a bucket of gravey on MR.SALSBERRY's head. doesn't SALSBERRY steak taste better

with gravey? i haven't laughed so HARD!! these are so funny. TRUE BUT FUNNY!!

i will be honest;while at work (which is my 2nd home i hate to say) i got on NFL.COM

& i scrolled down to see the final score & i slowly saw "35" in WASHINGTON'S favor &

i honestly thought they WON!theyWON! & guess what i saw TB "36" & i almost wet my

shorts i was so mad even though i had no idea how & then when i got home that night

i saw how they came back after halftime & then how the game ended all the air came

"spewing" out of my ballon. some things just don't go your way.GO SKINS

I must say that I'm very pumped up after the miracle win, but I think it is a little early to say who will win this division.

The Cowboys didn't exactly impress me tonight. We were lucky.

As much as I hate the Cowboys they did show grit and luck is part of the game every team has it .,,..

let's get real. the Skins are much better this season...but here are the facts Sals and others are looking at:

1) We lost to KC & Denver: 2 quality AFC teams

2) We were bombed by the Gints - a division foe.

3) We greased by Dallas in a game we were outplayed in.

4) We lost a Tampa game we should have won.

5) Our defense has been breaking down in different phases throughout the season.

6) We just got by a Philly team that was in total TO disarray.

7) We bombed San Fran - one of the worst teams in the NFC.

8) We can't create turnovers and we have a mediocre pash rush.

Injuries, ref calls...are just excuses...all teams deal with these problems. Now is the time for the play-off caliber teams to step it up. So far...we haven't done it. I think folks are a little too happy with the improvements on offense this season to note that we have regressed on defense substantially - while NY and Dallas have gotten better all around. We are still a few FAs away from being top tier. That is how the Sal Steaks of the world see it. You steal their thunder by winning - and the Skins haven't done it in a consistent fashion. Face it - we are 2-4 in our last 6 games......that's horrible.......and no amount of rationalizing is gonna change that FACT.

budski....I really wish we had a number one selection in the next draft. we are at the cusp...but...

1) we obviously have some depth problems - particularly at CB/Safety - all the action during pre-season was a signal that the coaching staff knew this was gonna be a problem area.

2) we absolutely need pressure from our DEs to create more options for the defense

3) we need to find out soon what the missing ingredient on the o-line is. they're much better...but there is this nagging feeling that they're one step away from the dominance that has been the hallmark of the best JG teams. I don't know enough to isolate the weak link...but it's there somewhere.

4) we need to work in our long-term QB. MB has done well but is aging....PR won't get it done against teams that can apply pressure. we are gonna have to fish or cut bait sooner rather than later, IMO, vis our long term QB.

8-8/9-7 look like reasonable end states right now. we all hope for better - but we are seeing the weaknesss this team has start to play out. the frustrating thing is that for the first time in years, many years, we all know that THIS IS A BETTER SKINS team. it's just not there yet. This off-season is going to the most important one in a long, long time. We either clear the hump or we are gonna spiral downward - again...just my opinion.

budski....I really wish we had a number one selection in the next draft. we are at the cusp...but...

1) we obviously have some depth problems - particularly at CB/Safety - all the action during pre-season was a signal that the coaching staff knew this was gonna be a problem area.

2) we absolutely need pressure from our DEs to create more options for the defense

3) we need to find out soon what the missing ingredient on the o-line is. they're much better...but there is this nagging feeling that they're one step away from the dominance that has been the hallmark of the best JG teams. I don't know enough to isolate the weak link...but it's there somewhere.

4) we need to work in our long-term QB. MB has done well but is aging....PR won't get it done against teams that can apply pressure. we are gonna have to fish or cut bait sooner rather than later, IMO, vis our long term QB.

8-8/9-7 look like reasonable end states right now. we all hope for better - but we are seeing the weaknesss this team has start to play out. the frustrating thing is that for the first time in years, many years, we all know that THIS IS A BETTER SKINS team. it's just not there yet. This off-season is going to the most important one in a long, long time. We either clear the hump or we are gonna spiral downward - again...just my opinion.

Even more good points.

Im not that good at breaking down the weaknesses. I look at the entire NFL and see from week to week that each team gets bit one week wins the next.

The season is still up for grabs, and this turnover thing which is the biggest flaw has got to have run its course by now. Yes the DE need to get more pressure, but hey we cant do alot about it other than hope they fix it.

I too sit back sometimes and wonder what the heck is going on.

Archived