Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

last cd you purchased or downloaded

REDSKINZRULE

Wu-Tang Meets the Indie Culture

I haven't got around to downloading the album, (I viewed the tracklisting and a lot of the guests did nothing for me.) but the Rza/Doom track "Biochemical Equation" bangs.

I last downloaded Superunknown by Soundgarden. It was finally time for me to upgrade from my cassette tape.

...bought all these in the last few weeks or so:

Picaresque by The Decemberists,

In the Reins by Calexico and Iron & Wine,

Takk... by Sigur Rós, and

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel

...all fantastic :cheers:

In the Aeorplane Over the Sea is a classic. I'm glad you finally came around. I like the other ones to varying degrees.

Picaresque - Has alot of good songs: Eli, The Barrow Boy, The Engine Driver, On the Bus Mall, but also has alot of crap: 16 Military wives(sounds like the SNL band getting down), The Bagman's Gambit(could the verses be any more boring), and The Mariners Revenge Song(I like the story, but that's about all there is to it)

Takk... - My review of this is short. It's too tinkly, and alot of the songs are boring.

In the Reins - Well I only heard this once.

I agree completely and I bought it the day it came out. Jeff Loomis is an monster player.

The latest two are:

Doomsday Machine from Arch Enemy

and

Emotional Animal from Dug Pinnick (Kings X)

how is the Arch Enemy? I've read and heard mixed reviews. I'm thinkin' of picking it up! And, yes, Loomis is a monster.

In the Aeorplane Over the Sea is a classic. I'm glad you finally came around. I like the other ones to varying degrees.

Picaresque - Has alot of good songs: Eli, The Barrow Boy, The Engine Driver, On the Bus Mall, but also has alot of crap: 16 Military wives(sounds like the SNL band getting down), The Bagman's Gambit(could the verses be any more boring), and The Mariners Revenge Song(I like the story, but that's about all there is to it)

Takk... - My review of this is short. It's too tinkly, and alot of the songs are boring.

In the Reins - Well I only heard this once.

I definitely agree about In the Aeroplane. I bought in on a recommendation from a bandmate, and "Two-Headed Boy" has been stuck in my head ever since.

On Picaresque, "Engine Driver" is my favorite song, definitely...the lyrics on every song though, I think, are the strongest aspects of the band...they rhyme 'palinquin' with 'elephant,' for god's sake! I liked "16 Military Wives," though...thought it was funny, hehe

Takk I actually rank second, to Ágætis Byrjun, among Sigur Ros albums..."Glósóli" alone on here does it for me...at least I thought the album was a lot less stereotypically post-rock-meandering than Untitled was...and besides, that EP they put out last year, "Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do" was waaay more tinkly sounding than Takk :)

The Calexico/Iron & Wine comp you should definitely check out some more...here's hoping they do more albums together.

bought - Todd Snider 'East Nashville Skyline'

d/l - Bill Hicks 'Shock and Awe' and Trey Anastasio '5-17-99'

and yes Robert Randolph does kick butt, i saw open for SCI twice and both times were amazing. if you like the Family Band make sure you check out The Word - it Randolph with members of North Mississippi All-stars and Medeski, Martin and Wood

I definitely agree about In the Aeroplane. I bought in on a recommendation from a bandmate, and "Two-Headed Boy" has been stuck in my head ever since.

On Picaresque, "Engine Driver" is my favorite song, definitely...the lyrics on every song though, I think, are the strongest aspects of the band...they rhyme 'palinquin' with 'elephant,' for god's sake! I liked "16 Military Wives," though...thought it was funny, hehe

Takk I actually rank second, to Ágætis Byrjun, among Sigur Ros albums..."Glósóli" alone on here does it for me...at least I thought the album was a lot less stereotypically post-rock-meandering than Untitled was...and besides, that EP they put out last year, "Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do" was waaay more tinkly sounding than Takk :)

The Calexico/Iron & Wine comp you should definitely check out some more...here's hoping they do more albums together.

Hey, at least we agree that Ágætis Byrjun is Sigur Ros' best. My favorite song from Takk... is Saeglopur.

I listened to in the reins a few more times, and yeah, it's pretty good.

last cd i "bought" was mewithoutyou's "Catch for Us the Foxes"... i don't like it that much, so I wouldn't recommend it... cd before that, that i actually did buy was Plans by Deathcab for Cutie, which I think is really good, somewhere in between transatlanticism and the photo album, in my opinion

last cd i "bought" was mewithoutyou's "Catch for Us the Foxes"... i don't like it that much, so I wouldn't recommend it... cd before that, that i actually did buy was Plans by Deathcab for Cutie, which I think is really good, somewhere in between transatlanticism and the photo album, in my opinion

I thought "Catch for Us the foxes" was pretty good, and I think "Plans" is Death Cab's worst albums. Why whenever people talk about death can to they just pretend like their first two albums don't exist. Those are the best ones.

Archived