Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins In Burgundy This Sunday

skinsbosoxheels

My stomach dropped when I read this thread. I have so many bad memories with the Burgundy jerseys. Although, this seems to be the year where we are putting a lot of negative trends to bed.

If we we win on Sunday with the Burgundy jerseys....I will truly believe that we have turned this thing around.

The Cowboys were 11-5 in 1991 and lost in the divisional round in the playoffs to the Lions 38-6.

In 1989, it was Troy Aikman's rookie year...he went 0-7 as a starter but I think it was Beurline that led them to victory over us. Check it out for your self.

Steve Walsh was the Cowboy QB IIRC.

I wonder how black pants would go with burgundy jerseys? Then, maybe design a black helmet to go with that set too?

The way I see it, if the other team is wearing white, then I wouldn't want anything white on. I wouldn't want our quarterback having to decipher which is which, he only has a few seconds as it is.

It's real easy. Go play Madden and make all the alternate uniforms you want. And do you really believe the color of a jersey has any influence on the outcome of a game? Maybe if it was 100 degrees, I'd prefer wearing white, but I think we can handle the Bucs even if the Skins were dressed in pink!

I think that will probably be the only way Washington will wear the darker colors this year, on Madden. I don't believe the rest of their schedule shows any teams that would normally wear white at home this time of the season.

It seems like the site needs to make a new forum area for football fashion. I can't believe there are 6 pages on this thread.

lol!!!!

Look at it this way, it makes the game so entertaining, makes me such a big fan, reading everyone's jersey preferences, etc. Sounds like some true Redskins fans here, at least to me.

I wonder how black pants would go with burgundy jerseys? Then, maybe design a black helmet to go with that set too?

The way I see it, if the other team is wearing white, then I wouldn't want anything white on. I wouldn't want our quarterback having to decipher which is which, he only has a few seconds as it is.

because an all black/dark uniform would be easy for a QB to see?

Ninjas wear all black for a reason :)

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
No black!! The stupid trendy uniforms annoy me...

Going black would be dumb...

Until they actual modify the uniforms, keep the white jerseys/burgundy pants at home and wear whatever they make you wear on the road.

completely agree about the black.....but u dont think we're going to modify our uniforms do you?

Archived