Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins In Burgundy This Sunday

skinsbosoxheels

I dont know what you mean football Henry. It is almost fact that you can't win in Orange. j/k

Colors matter more than one would think IMO. I believe it helps with regard to player recognition. I mean, if I am passing the ball looking for receivers, or running the ball looking for blockers, my reaction time might be quicker if my teamates colors are more distinguishable to me (i.e. I am used to them). Therefore I way get the pass off, or find the proper angle quicker. Maybe that is a reason why we always wear the same jerseys......makes perfect sense to me.

Hahhaha, Sorry but this thread is too hilarious. Since when do colors of jersey's MAKE a team lose, get real.

You guys don't remember the 1980s then. We struggled in those unis. Most likely because we only wore them at Dallas and at Philly but the jersey does leave nightmares in those of us that remember. It's all superstition but it is well remembered. :ahhhhh:

Yup. In the glory days we wore the Burgundy maybe twice a year, and you could count on us losing those games. The one game I think of most was against the Cowboys during their 1-15 season. The reason we lost?...The Burgundy jerseys.

That was in 1989 and we lost to Dallas 13-3 on our home field in a nationally televised sunday night game. We wore our white jerseys that game.

Later on we went to Dallas and won.

The redskins have defined history so many times this year, im not worryed. Half of them were against dallas. We beat the losing strewak in dallas, We are stopping the 14 of 16, Parcells was undefeated going into forth witha 13 point lead, we changed that, Gibbs was defeated when trailing go into fourth by 13, changed that, and so many other things. Bring on the Burgundy Jerseys!

Yup. In the glory days we wore the Burgundy maybe twice a year, and you could count on us losing those games. The one game I think of most was against the Cowboys during their 1-15 season. The reason we lost?...The Burgundy jerseys.

Actually, we beat Dallas in Dallas that year, wearing the burgundy jerseys. It was a Monday night. We lost to Dallas at home later on, we were 11-0 at the time, wearing the white jerseys.

Actually, we beat Dallas in Dallas that year, wearing the burgundy jerseys. It was a Monday night. We lost to Dallas at home later on, we were 11-0 at the time, wearing the white jerseys.

That was in 1991, when we won the Super Bowl. He was referring to 1989 when Dallas was 1-15 and they beat us in Washington.

:rotflmao:

Nothing like the white jerseys, huh? :-) All kidding aside, this is what makes most Washington-Dallas games so entertaining, who won't be wearing the white jerseys.

Hahhaha, Sorry but this thread is too hilarious. Since when do colors of jersey's MAKE a team lose, get real.

I agree, this thread is hilarious, but this is what makes it so entertaining. I have always wondered by Joe Gibbs prefers the white jerseys all the time, but I must say, he wins football games. Let's see, I believe Carolina will wear white vs Dallas later in the year, will Tampa Bay wear white forcing Washington to wear burgundy? I know there are coaches with these kinds of quirks, but again, this is what makes the game fun to watch and entertaining as all get out. But anything to make Dallas lose is great in my opinion.

I'm trying to think of great games we have played in burgundy in the last few years. This is basically all I can come up with (except that year we sacrilegiously wore burgundy at home):

'97, at Carolina, W 24-10

'99, at Arizona, W 24-10

Actually, we might have worn burgundy when we won at Jacksonville 35-16 in 2000.

Can anyone name some others? My memory is going...

Am I the only one who doesn't remember what jersey colors we wear each game? All I know is we wear white most of the time. I can't believe some people are superstitious enough to remember this stuff... I have no problem with it though, it's just weird to someone like me who never thinks of that kind of thing I guess.

Archived