Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Team concept, worth $5,000?

Zarg

Jeez calm down.... so our guys like to have alittle fun....so friggn what.......It's not like you had to pay the fine.........why do people constantly have to b*tch?...even after a victory...I dont get it

Yeah, really. Please tell me thats not the most major thing you have in your life to worry about.

"you should have never left the "U" if you feel you need to make such statements as literally throwing away $5,000"

Well see, they only get 4 years of eligibility, so they eventually did have to leave the U.

Mojo......whatever makes 'em feel better so they play better

I love the outfits Portis wears during interviews... lightens the stress level. I guess I am only allowed to complain if they lose? I am sure Monte Coleman (a man who knows what a team stands for) was sitting there contemplating wether to wear black shoes when HIS TEAM was wearing the required uniform. Very happy they won... they have their names on the backs of their JERSEYS... guess that was not enough... side note... Watched the introductions of the Patriots... hmmm... atleast 4 Teammates went to "University of Miami" not "Duh, EWww"

You're an idiot

If Portis doesnt block Kearse in pass protection, I'd agree with you.

If Portis doesn't run down the defender who recovers Brunell's fumble, and save the TD, I'd agree with you.

If Portis doesn't score the game winning TD, I'd agree with you.

If Portis didn't play hurt all the time to help the team, I'd agree with you.

If Portis didn't tell the media that he doesn't care about stats and that for him it's all about winning games, and he doesn't prove that on the field with his play, even when NOT carrying the football, I'd agree with you.

However, I don't agree with you.

Portis may not be the back YOU want him to be, but the guy plays with heart. His sock color is the least of my worries.

The greatest RB in 'skins history was known to march to the beat of his own drum and we fans that are old enough to remember those days, loved him for it.

Clinton Portis in particular is the type of player we haven't had in a long time - a character that lightens things up but gets it done on the field. If he and Taylor want to them their nose at the No Fun League a little, more power to them.

The greatest RB in 'skins history was known to march to the beat of his own drum and we fans that are old enough to remember those days, loved him for it.

Clinton Portis in particular is the type of player we haven't had in a long time - a character that lightens things up but gets it done on the field. If he and Taylor want to them their nose at the No Fun League a little, more power to them.

"Convention is like the shell to the chick, a protection till he is strong enough to break it through."

-Learned Hand, 1927 - quoting "a wise man" in his essay "The Preservation of Personality", found in The Spirit of Liberty

...I wish you posted more Learned - I love your username.

I lose a sock every week in the laundry. Not a pair of socks, just one sock. So I mix and match..... or......... ok I lied, I just grab a random two without thinking.

But back onto topic! Yeah! What's up with David Stern, no more shorts below the knees after this? We are talking about the NBA dress code right?

What is the deal with Portis and Taylor? It's a team game... you should have never left the "U" if you feel you need to make such statements as literally throwing away $5,000. Here's an idea... I will let every newspaper and TV stations know that VT lost to Miami, you wear the "REQUIRED" uniform and cut me a check for $5K... Oh, that's right, EVERYONE KNOWS MIAMI WON... so just cut me that check... once again, NFL players showing how they can just make $5 grand feel like $.05 to you and me...

Huge fan of your TEAM, your ABILITIES, just not your values...

Zarg

What did their socks have to do with VT/Miami game?

They both did it all last year, along with sean taylor taping up his facemask a couple of times.

You need to quit ****ing about the VT/Miami game. A few of us know tech sucks and they proved most people wrong by really sucking.

But then again.. you still believe in ramsey.

I went over to the Ranch and they were talking about "sockgate" as well. I never post there...just go to laugh. Anyway, I TOTALLY support our players in regard to their sock preference...especially if it irritates ANY cowboy fan! They are actually talking about a Colts-Cowboys superbowl and how they would beat them. What a hoot! :dallasuck

not a big deal at all. if GIBBS is fine with it then why should anyone case? it's their money and they get to spend it whatever way they want, but portis and taylor are 2 of the biggest stars on this team and they play TEAM ball 100% of the team. portis blocks lots of people, and taylors impact is that no one throws to him. both = team players...love gibbs and won't do anything to get in trouble. would you if you were them?

Hey. And that response is any better? You've been around long enough to know better.

Yea I think I jumped the gun on that one, I think we as fans right now though need to be happy about our team morale and season overall thus far, and something as simple as socks just seems unecessary, I think it's good for the players to do something different, it shouldn't warrant a fine in the 1st place IMO

i agree the team should be uniform....but i like the socks and you can't say those guys aren't team players. They have done everything asked of them w/ 100 % effort especially portis. The guy can block and is a tough SOB. Taylor is a freak.

I love the outfits Portis wears during interviews... lightens the stress level. I guess I am only allowed to complain if they lose? I am sure Monte Coleman (a man who knows what a team stands for) was sitting there contemplating wether to wear black shoes when HIS TEAM was wearing the required uniform. Very happy they won... they have their names on the backs of their JERSEYS... guess that was not enough... side note... Watched the introductions of the Patriots... hmmm... atleast 4 Teammates went to "University of Miami" not "Duh, EWww"

Sounds like you're just a hater of The U more than anything.

Bitter about something, maybe?

Oh, and the Patriots don't have four guys from the U starting. Just two. Vince Wilfork and Duane Starks. I don't believe their other Hurricane (D-Lineman Santonio Thomas) even saw the field.

Exaggerating is bad.

What is the deal with Portis and Taylor? It's a team game... you should have never left the "U" if you feel you need to make such statements as literally throwing away $5,000. Here's an idea... I will let every newspaper and TV stations know that VT lost to Miami, you wear the "REQUIRED" uniform and cut me a check for $5K... Oh, that's right, EVERYONE KNOWS MIAMI WON... so just cut me that check... once again, NFL players showing how they can just make $5 grand feel like $.05 to you and me...

Huge fan of your TEAM, your ABILITIES, just not your values...

Zarg

STOP CRYING.......... they are socks for godssake, why are you complaining about there socks????????? god your a baby

Didn't the league fine Taylor & Portis for uniform violations last year on an increasing scale, like $5K the first time, $10K the second, etc. etc? Does the fine get reset to $5K at the end of the year, or will they get a bigger fine than that this time? Could get expensive if they keep it up. It's tough to fight city hall.

Look, my perspective on the matter is this. If you express yourself by wearing different socks(yes socks) it would be the same as wearing different colored cleets or something like that, WTF is the big deal, it is one of the only ways to express your individuality out there w/o offending anyone. Are you saying you are against ppl coming up with endzone celebrations, or something of that nature? Of course you aren't, and some of those endzone celebrations are offensive to ppl. These ppl aren't TO running around calling their QB gay or a choke artist or whatever. These ppl simply wear a different color socks, it has nothing to do with their performance and has nothing to do with other teams or ppl identifying them, its about them wanting to do something a little different, and the NFL has stated that there is a fine for this, if they do this knowingly anyways and they are willing to pay the fine the let them. What they are doing is not hurting anyone at all, anywhere. It doesn't offend ppl anywhere and it shouldn't be against the rules. Baseball teams have uniforms, and their socks are all the same color its true, but some players wear their pants legs down to their shoes so you can't see them, and others wear them at the tops of their calfs. There is nobody who complains about this in baseball because it doesn't make any difference, the only comments you hear about on this matter there is that this person thinks its ugly, or that person doesn't like this style or "how can he even walk like that" or whatever.

If a man wants to donate $5000 to the NFL, what's my business with it? As long as it's not hurting the team and it's not hindering his play, please go ahead and cut that check. Plus, I hear the NFL donates that money to charity. That's $10,000 from a single game.

Archived