Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Team concept, worth $5,000?

Zarg

What is the deal with Portis and Taylor? It's a team game... you should have never left the "U" if you feel you need to make such statements as literally throwing away $5,000. Here's an idea... I will let every newspaper and TV stations know that VT lost to Miami, you wear the "REQUIRED" uniform and cut me a check for $5K... Oh, that's right, EVERYONE KNOWS MIAMI WON... so just cut me that check... once again, NFL players showing how they can just make $5 grand feel like $.05 to you and me...

Huge fan of your TEAM, your ABILITIES, just not your values...

Zarg

What is the deal with Portis and Taylor? It's a team game... you should have never left the "U" if you feel you need to make such statements as literally throwing away $5,000. Here's an idea... I will let every newspaper and TV stations know that VT lost to Miami, you wear the "REQUIRED" uniform and cut me a check for $5K... Oh, that's right, EVERYONE KNOWS MIAMI WON... so just cut me that check... once again, NFL players showing how they can just make $5 grand feel like $.05 to you and me...

Zarg

You know...i really want to disagree with this post...but i cant for some reason...

Never know what may be happening, but I don't really have any trouble with it. Expressing a little individuality by wearing some different socks is more of a problem to the No Fun League I think than it is for the teammates. I am however, impressed as hell with the way they played team ball last night.

Zarg

I'm sure that they are losing sleep because of your disapproval. :laugh:

I think Portis throwing it in there for every block, giving max effort after Brunnell fumbled to make the tackle, and bringing it on every run, even when there is no hole time and again, shows more team concept than what socks he is wearing.

You know what you're getting when you have a player from "The U". An enormous amount of talent and that thing people are always talking about...Swagger. Sometimes that is what separates winners from losers.

You also may have missed it but, Santana Moss usually wears black cleats...another fineable offense.

Who cares what they do? Honestly, we won. Let them have a little fun, seriously. How do you get mad over a player expressing his individuality? He has the money to pay the fine, he knows he's gonna get fined, and he's willing to accept it. Let me guess, you think Portis' weekly press conferences should be no nonsense, business affairs right?

I love the outfits Portis wears during interviews... lightens the stress level. I guess I am only allowed to complain if they lose? I am sure Monte Coleman (a man who knows what a team stands for) was sitting there contemplating wether to wear black shoes when HIS TEAM was wearing the required uniform. Very happy they won... they have their names on the backs of their JERSEYS... guess that was not enough... side note... Watched the introductions of the Patriots... hmmm... atleast 4 Teammates went to "University of Miami" not "Duh, EWww"

So it is ok? This is not the XFL... Make your contributions to any charity you like but do you have to do it by KNOWINGLY BREAKING NFL RULES? I can't believe Gibbs didn't say anything...

Portis is a tremendous team guy. He busts his ass on ALL his on the field duties. If thats how he wants to spend his money, thats up too him. I think its funny, gives us a little personality and seriously doubt anyone on the team gives a ****.

I'll be honest I thought it was kinda cool looking. Its his money, he can do what he wants. Neither of these guys are team cancers in any way, the coaches and players all seem to love both of them. I dont have a problem with it at all.

However if Sean is going to make a statement like that he better not get burnt or it will stand out even more.

Obviously these are a couple of superstitious guys, just like myself. Portis broke out the red socks last year against Philly and they played pretty well. I dont see any harm in this, both players are team oriented. If you feel the need to ***** about things, go be a Texans fan so you actually have something to ***** about.

Archived