Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boycott ESPN Sports Center.

Woofer

And their pregame show. I do.

We're all tired of ESPNs love affair with Owens.

We're all tired of ESPNs lack of respect for the Skins.

I have not watched them for years, and I hope you will join me in my boycott.

Then again, this thread may roll off so fast nobody gets to see it.

I wouldnt have agreed with a boycott until the started doing those "simulated press conferences". Have any of you seen that? What a joke. They hire a bunch of actors to simulate a Red Sox press conference with fake questions and everything! Tomorrow they're doing a Yankees one.

sometimes you get respect from doofs like salsbury but as soon as we lose they switch sides so fast its actually really funny. i remember him saying we were on the way to the playoffs and then the next week he says we're comple terribleness. (not exactly that word)

I am upset at the lack of respect shown towards the team, but as Spaceman Spiff noted, it's because of ESPN that they didn't TO for the game tonight and possibly the rest of the season.

I probably could go without Sportscenter for the rest of my life but I would kill myself if I had to watch Comcast Sports Net to get my NFL info. They are a little too heavy on the Ratbird coverage for my tastes.

sometimes you get respect from doofs like salsbury but as soon as we lose they switch sides so fast its actually really funny. i remember him saying we were on the way to the playoffs and then the next week he says we're comple terribleness. (not exactly that word)

I don't need or want respect from anyone there. I will admit that sometimes, well, once in a while, I watch Jaws' show. His is the only opinion I respect.

And I want to kiss Melissa Colbert.

At least I think I do.

The problem is, there really isn't an alternative for sports highlights. Sure, Sportscenter sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls, but where else are you gonna get your highlights? I love how the Eagles/Skins coverage was 95% TO and then 5% game highlights (slanted towards making the Eagles look good). Then they had an entire segment not on the WINNING team, but on how the Eagles receivers played. :wtf:

I haven't made Gameday or Primetime part of my Sunday ritual in 5 years, and I don't miss it. But if I do see they are going to do something on the Skins, then I'll watch it.

As for Sportscenter, I just can't stand to watch that lazy-eyed psycho, Stuart Scott. All he does is play basketball highlights and say "Boo-yah!" over and over. They also treat the NHL like it's on their pay-no-mind list.

I haven't made Gameday or Primetime part of my Sunday ritual in 5 years, and I don't miss it. But if I do see they are going to do something on the Skins, then I'll watch it.

As for Sportscenter, I just can't stand to watch that lazy-eyed psycho, Stuart Scott. All he does is play basketball highlights and say "Boo-yah!" over and over. They also treat the NHL like it's on their pay-no-mind list.

:laugh: I actually think Stu is the one redeeming factor on Sportscenter! :laugh: That lazy eye does seem to be getting worse and worse every day though, doesn't it??? :laugh:

Oh come on, you people you knew TO and McNubb were going to overshadow the game. Which team had more drama and stories all week ? Noone said a word about the skins. Dont complain about a channel that gives man love to Ray Lewis and Vick every chance they get. Why get mad about it now

I'm not mad "NOW". I've been upset for years. There have been posts in many threads from people with statements like "I hate ESPN" after the game tonight, so I started the thread.

Yes, we did know that TO and McNabb would be the headline. Which is exactly my point. ESPN has favorites, and non-favorites. The point of the boycott is to get them to be fair and impartial.

I know that will not happen. ESPN will NEVER be fair and impartial. And judging by the responses so far, not many people will join the boycott. But at least I tried.

It's not just ESPN. It's the whole media.

And it's not just T.O., it's the whole Eagle team, especially McStubb.

No-one is daring enough to admit it, but Rush Limbaugh on Monday Night Football was DEAD RIGHT last year, in what he said about McStubb and The Media

I love how the Eagles/Skins coverage was 95% TO and then 5% game highlights (slanted towards making the Eagles look good). Then they had an entire segment not on the WINNING team, but on how the Eagles receivers played. :wtf:

Exactly what I was going to say. Just what does Sallisbury have against the Redskins? I mean the instant they flashed to him he looked very mad like his favorite team just lost and then he start's out by saying something to the effect, "Well we'll just have to look at the silver lining".... :wtf:

Proceeding to say nothing about the winning team, wich are the Redskins.

Not to mention all their outsanding years of bad coverage where they made Dan Snyder look like a villian. :mad:

I don't think I've ever watched a whole SportsCenter in my life anyway. It's the most useless sports show on television! Maybe its because I gave up following basketball and baseball after the mid-90's strikes, and I don't really care anything about whether Tiger sunk his putt ten hours earlier or not! I am RABID about football though, and trying to get the day's football news from SportsCenter is like having all of your teeth pulled over the course of 90 minutes! Their two football stories, then two basketball, then two baseball, then two golf, then two curling, then two womens basetball (yuck!), then two soccer, then two badminton, then two tiddley-winks, then two football, ... is just madenning!

So .. I have no problem boycotting SportsCenter!

Archived