Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are You Scared To Die?

pR0JEkT 21

It's a historical fact that Jesus was born, lived and preached on this earth, was crucified, and rose again. You don't have to fear death anymore. Death was conquered on the third day. When Jesus rose again, so did our hope and promise of eternal life as long as we have faith in Him and trust in Him for forgiveness.

You just simply need to believe what is already there in your heart. The feeling deep inside that this life can't be all...that there must be more...that there's an internal notion of a higher power even though He can't be seen...

Well that's there by design. God created you to be in fellowship with Him. When you are not, there is an emptiness in your life that only He can fill. You need to be born again, and it starts with a desire to know the truth...seek and you shall find.

Please PM me if you'd like to talk about this privately.

We aren't promised one day on this earth...we could step out into eternity tomorrow, or when we close our eyes tonight to sleep. Please don't wait any longer. Make a decision right now...you can know what lies ahead for you and have absolutely no fear whatsoever. I can't stress enough how wonderful it is to know what lies beyond.

I pray that you make a decision right now.

-Bish

I'm not obsessed with it, but it does bother me.

I don't get how someone who is alive, in all the glory, sublimity, banality and horror that is this world really doesn't "fear" death on some level. Sure, I don't even fear the process of death, assuming somehow I could live again after that.

But all it took was for my mom to call me when she had some kind of reaction to a drug she was taking thinking it might be her last time talking to me, for me to fear the end.

There's no shame in that. In fact, much of human history, for good and for ill, is built on a healthy fear/respect for death. Afterlife or not, THIS life is the one that matters the most. Thus, only a fool would not care about preserving himself on this world.

Heroes would not heroes were there not some fear of death. After all, they save others from death, if it weren't something to fear or despise, there'd be no point in extending or preserving the lives of anyone else.

No worries. Been there, done that. It was actually a pleasant learning experience. Didn't even know I was knocking on death's door until my pal pulled me from the surf and revived me. Funny thing, it was like being fully conscious, could see all around and had a strong sense of a never before recognized inner, deeper self. It was as if I was pleased to be released from the constraining bonds of the body. Weird.

I used to be, but then two things happend.

I joined the military and found Christ.

Joining the military put me in situations where death was a real possiblity on a couple of occasions. You have to come to grips with the fact that you may not live. I think once you accept that and learn to deal with it, it makes you a more effective combatant.

On top of that, once I found Christ, I no longer had to worry about what happens afterward.

I guess. I have a strong will to live and maybe that comes from the fear of dying. Too much I still have to live for and want to do. Though I will admit the thought of those close to me passing on bothers me equally if not more.

Ok for people that aren't [going to admit they are] afraid of death. are you of afraid of anything? Do you know what the fear means? Coming to terms with the inevitability of death is not the same thing as not being afraid of it either.

Kind of like the fear of accepting or even considering that someone, something, and somewhere that cannot be seen nor touched could still exist?

To me, fear of death is a misnomer, rather it's a fear of loss, pain, or the unknown and unexplained.

It's strange that most of those that actually fear death are also those that bend towards agnostism and atheism.

telling

No worries. Been there, done that. It was actually a pleasant learning experience. Didn't even know I was knocking on death's door until my pal pulled me from the surf and revived me. Funny thing, it was like being fully conscious, could see all around and had a strong sense of a never before recognized inner, deeper self. It was as if I was pleased to be released from the constraining bonds of the body. Weird.

Now that is one interesting post!!!

I always wondered how the mind reacts to death.

I concur with SnV on this -- that's pretty amazing, Tex. What about the oft reported ability to look down on yourself? And/or the presence of any bright lights? Did you have either of those experiences in your near death experience?

Really amazing story, Tex -- would love to hear more when you get a chance.

I've had a great life, done what I wanted, gone where I pleased, loved many, had lots of friends, happily married, raised a child, owned my own business, had more material stuff then I deserved. At 45, if I had to go now, I wouldn't be disappointed. I would feel sorry for my family, but life insurance and assests will take care of them. Life is a strugle, and it's not getting any easier. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go just yet, but if it's time, then at least I didn't have to lay around and rott, useless and a burden to whoever.

Do I have faith, sure I do. Could I be wrong, no one is certain. Death is long

nap that never ends. Sounds good to me. Work hard, play hard, rest easy,

see you on the other side.

Wow. I can't believe how many are saying they wouldn't be scared. I believe that Christ has a place for me in heaven. I don't deserve it but his blood has cleansed my sins. I would be scared though if I knew death was coming. I do believe in heaven, but I do think about the freaky parts of death, such as being embalmed and rotting. Yikes!!!!

I concur with SnV on this -- that's pretty amazing, Tex. What about the oft reported ability to look down on yourself? And/or the presence of any bright lights? Did you have either of those experiences in your near death experience?

Really amazing story, Tex -- would love to hear more when you get a chance.

I wasn’t looking down at the world. It was more like being myself, as if all things were normal but somehow different. I was very happy and thought that the water was a beautiful crystal green and much nicer than I’d seen before. I was swimming, enjoying the ocean and can remember thinking how wonderful it was to be part of it. It was a very natural feeling as though the ocean, the sky, the sun and me were all the same, part of a larger perfect existence. It was delightful. I still don’t fully understand it. It was all as real anything I have ever perceived. My surfing bud David, the person that saved me, said when I came around I sat up, smiling from ear to ear.

Vision was different. It was like seeing things while seeing through those things at the same time. I could see the beautiful crystal green water yet could clearly see the sand dunes. I could see the sea oats that covered them flowing with the wind. Yet I was seeing this through the whitewater of the breaking waves as if the waves were of glass.

There was no physical feeling. I didn’t feel the water around me but I could see it. I felt no warmth, no cold, no rays from the sun, no sensation of breathing, no eye blinking, no wind no nothing. I did have a feeling of belonging and being a part of the world that surrounded me. Like I was of the same essence of this place, this world, in a way that is difficult to explain. It was like the feeling you get going home to be with family you haven’t seen in a very long time. You are so happy to see them and be with them, you missed them so much because you are a part of them and they are a part of you. It’s the feeling of being whole and happy. It was like that but infinitely more.

Later it suddenly dawned on me that if what I experienced was real then the deeper self I mentioned earlier had to be real as well. I have spent a lot of time on this because that self was enlightened and far beyond the constraints of this physical world. It gets crazy from here; most won’t believe or comprehend so in the interest of good judgment I’ll stop here.

I fear for my family, and those who love me. I have a daughter who's almost three, and my lovely wife is three months pregnant. If I die today, one of my children will never even meet his/her father, and the other probably won't remember me. That hurts like hell to think about.

I know where I'm going. It's just what I'd have to leave behind that's so hard to bear.

It's a historical fact that Jesus was born, lived and preached on this earth, was crucified, and rose again. You don't have to fear death anymore. Death was conquered on the third day. When Jesus rose again, so did our hope and promise of eternal life as long as we have faith in Him and trust in Him for forgiveness.

-Bish

oh, its a fact that jesus rose from the dead now? its been proven? or are you just spitting your personal views out as facts. "not a sermin, just a thought"... yeah right, dude.

I agree It is a Historical fact! That Jesus Rose from the dead there was over 500 people that saw him & his Disiples & fallowers ! this is all in your BIBLE ! And then when you come to me saying the Bible is just a story book , look @ it like this . If You had a book of all your family history dating back long long ago . would you just say oh there stories & Fibbs , now most of us would believe the Book broght down by our ancestors :) have a great day & GO SKINS RAD WIN LAST NIGHT

Im kind of afraid of dying and not afraid. I just dont want to hurt the ppl that love me and the ppl that i love. I feel that i will go when my time is up.

This past weekend me and a couple of friends from college went to NYC and to the 9/11 site. As i was standing there, i thought about all of the ppl that jumped out of the towers and landed right where i am standing. The feeling and the vibe that is around you when you are there is undescribeable. It made me think, would i have jumped or not? I tihnk i would have and just closed my eyes and said a prayer.

I'm still young and hopefully i am fartunite and am able to live a long healthy life with someone that i love.

And when i go, ill see all of you at the ES reunion in heaven!

HTTR!

Like others here have stated, I'm scared of how I might die, but not death itself. I believe that my soul, or spirit, will continue on after this life. I, too, have wondered what would happen if it did not. The best I could come up with was that after death there would be nothing. No conscience, no pain, no memories, no worries, nothing to be distressed over. So, even if I am wrong about the afterlife, I'm still not scared about death. Death is as natural as birth, after all.

• 2 weeks later...

no one is ever going to die.your spirit will live forever somewhere. its your earthly body or your "shell" or your "holding place" that is going to die. you are just going to transfer from one place to another.Get right with the MAN and when you meet Him face to face in heaven you will have a new body in Christ or if you dont you will go to a place where there is "weeping and wailing and knashing of teeth" and where "men knaw their tongues for pain"

Archived