Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At What Point Do You Consider Putting In Ramsey??...

I personally think Brunell this season has earned the right to play the entire game, sink or swim...but if the offense stays as putrid in the 3rd quarter as it has been in the first half, do you consider putting Ramsey in just to see if you can cause a spark in this one game?...Or do you go down with the ship with Brunell at the controls?

I personally think Brunell this season has earned the right to play the entire game, sink or swim...but if the offense stays as putrid in the 3rd quarter as it has been in the first half, do you consider putting Ramsey in just to see if you can cause a spark in this one game?...Or do you go down with the ship with Brunell at the controls?

I'd like to see some consistency from the coach. Brunell threw it RIGHT to Pierce, he's looked scared and weak all game.

I'm not talking a season-long benching, but at some point you gotta try to WIN.

But I hope it doesn't come to that.

Brunell is playing poorly, but, he has had five or six balls right into the hands of his receivers only to see them drop it. It'd be one thing if he wasn't coming close to guys, but, right now, it's the whole unit, not one player so you hope they can come out of it.

Not only no, but hell no! Why start the revolving QB spot? Jeez, we don't need the media wolves puncing us again. The receivers have been covered and our receivers have dropped four passes.

Switching QBs in as horrendous a game as this one isn't exactly the sign of a "revolving QB spot"...and it's been done by Gibbs himself in his past. It IS possible, you know, to reach a conclusion in a game that pretty much nothing your QB is doing is going well, and if nothing else might as well put your backup in for a possible spark...some of the best coaches in the NFL have done it. You don't do it every week (*ahem* Spurrier *ahem*), but 50 total yards of offense in one half is not an "every week" performance.

This thread is stupid!

"Sinking ship"????

If we lose, we lose. It's one game. We will still be over 500 for the season. Too many people with their "what have you done for me lately" attitude. Get a grip!

Who the hell's talking about benching Brunell beyond perhaps a quarter of play at most?...Geez, as I've said before, sports fans seem the most irrational and emotional people in the planet at times.

Switching QBs in as horrendous a game as this one isn't exactly the sign of a "revolving QB spot"...and it's been done by Gibbs himself in his past. It IS possible, you know, to reach a conclusion in a game that pretty much nothing your QB is doing is going well, and if nothing else might as well put your backup in for a possible spark...some of the best coaches in the NFL have done it. You don't do it every week (*ahem* Spurrier *ahem*), but 50 total yards of offense in one half is not an "every week" performance.

Yeah, but you know how the media is. they're finally starting to kiss our rumps. They're probably jumping off of our bandwagon in this game. It's going to be bad enough that we have to read tomorrow that we finally have "been exposed" then have them all over starting rumors about a QB controversey. Ramsey can't prevent the receivers from dropping passes. He can't prevent fumbles and TOs that give the Giants a short field. We have to play business as usual. We gotta start hanging onto the damn ball. I swear the team lathered their hands up in butter before this game.

Yeah, but you know how the media is. they're finally starting to kiss our rumps. They're probably jumping off of our bandwagon in this game. It's going to be bad enough that we have to read tomorrow that we finally have "been exposed" then have them all over starting rumors about a QB controversey. Ramsey can't prevent the receivers from dropping passes. He can't prevent fumbles and TOs that give the Giants a short field. We have to play business as usual. We gotta start hanging onto the damn ball. I swear the team lathered their hands up in butter before this game.

Well, while I think they shouldn't make coaching and gametime decisions based on how the media will play it up, I agree with the rest of what you said...

Archived