Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Facts about about this weekends game from a GIANTS fan

Happyfoosball

Here is his post on the Giants forums about us:

Its a good read, you really get to see where the Redskins are living. They think that they are more respectable fans then us, better people and we are just a bunch of New York morons.

They say they have more class, then they got the drunk Eli picture thread going, then another picture thread making fun of Shockey, the secondary and other Giants. Then they made a thread to pick on other nfc east teams like the Eagles. They say they have the second best offense in football becuase they have a lot of yards. I tried to tell them that scoring points is what matters but they don't want to hear it. Oh yeah, Eli is overated too. Just ask them. Like I said its a good read. The Redskin fans are starting to come out of the woodwork again. Who knows mabye this year they will make it to the playoffs for the first time since 1992.

:gaintsuck

I didn't want to post that here becuase I knew it might hurt your feelings if I mentioned that the Redskins hadn't seen the postseason since 1992. Really sad when you think about it. 13 years. Wow.

I'm going to buy the giants and rename theme the New York Queer Dogs. They'll have rainbow uniforms, pink helmets and the initials "NYQD" on the helmets in cursive writing.

:laugh: :doh: :notworthy :laugh: :doh: :notworthy :laugh: :doh: :notworthy

The Giants played some weak teams, but Denver was 5-1 last week and when it mattered Eli still picked them apart.

Eli picked them apart? He was 11/24 for 100 yards up intil 13:12 left in the 4th... Scary! If you want to see Denver being picked apart by a QB watch Brunell in the Den/Skins game.

1999 was a good year, we marched into Giants stadium & won 50-21, if i remember correctly.......

A repeat of that, would make for a good weekend

Amen.

Redskins Go on the Offensive, Pound Giants, 50-21

Stephen Davis scores in the first quarter against the Giants. Davis rushed for 126 yards and scored three touchdowns. (John Greilick - AP)

By Mark Maske

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, September 20, 1999; Page D1

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J., Sept. 19 — In a stadium that often has been the scene of disasters for them, the Washington Redskins put last week's collapse behind them and scored early and often against the New York Giants today. And this time they didn't let up, rolling to a 50-21 victory at Giants Stadium.

The Redskins evened their record at 1-1 with their first victory under owner Daniel Snyder--and they did it in style. Their point total was the highest in franchise history for a road game and their fifth-highest overall. It was their biggest scoring output during Coach Norv Turner's six-season tenure, and it came only a week after the Redskins squandered a 21-point, fourth-quarter lead against the Dallas Cowboys.

Click Here for the rest of the story

Well it was annoying reading stuff like Crumblers better then Shockey, looking at drunk pictures of Eli Manning, pictures making fun of the Giants other players then having to sit and read a thread about how you guys are supposed to have more class then us. I felt obligated to register at that point. Espically when you called the Redskins low scoring offense the #2 in the leauge.

Why do you "have to" sit there and take this? Ummmm, you realize that you are on a Skins site, don't you?

Eli was drunk, I have no idea who Crumblers is and we don't cry when we visit a rivals site when it isnt as flattering as you wish for.

If you take the 49ers game away. The Redskins highest scoring game of the year is 21 points. Thats not good offensive production. You guys can say well the leauge judges the offense in yards. A few years ago, the Giants had a top 5 offense in yards but couldn't score points becuase Kerry Collins turned it over in the red zone. Thats not good offense. Offense is about scoring points, not making yards.

We were still the #7 offense in the NFL "BEFORE" the SF game.

Not buying it. We put up over 300 yards playing IN Denver and in KC. Do you really think it will be different against the Giants poor defense? Well, think again, and if you don't take my word for it then maybe Sunday school will help you. See you at 1pm:laugh:

Becuase its not a fair measuring stick becuase the 49ers suck. They are right now at a point where they are probably the worst football team to play in the nfl in 5 years. With a rookie qb who's playing god awful, and no secondary to speak of.

That horrible 49ers team you keep mentioning almost beat the Cowboys.. I doubt if the Giants score 52 on them.

Also, the Giants lost a close game to Dallas. All of the Skins games have been close this year (49ers excleuded). So what is your point? You are a Giants fan, you think they will win. I am a Redskin fan, I think they will win. Either way this is going to be a close game. Stop spitting excuses about our stats....see you Sunday.

I'm a Skins FANaddict, but I don't see them winning this game. Manning will control the tempo using Barber's runs and accurate throws to Toomer and Shockey to move the chains. Williams will revert to his drop back defense and not be able to apply any meaningful pressure against Manning. TOP and the hostile conditions at the Meadowlands (wind and crowd) will be too much for the Skins to overcome. It is unrealistic to think the Skins will not turn the ball over and give the Giants some easy opportunites. On the other hand, if the Skins play perfect ball (more than 20 points, no turnovers) , they could surprise as they did in 1991. But IMO it is a long shot at best.

I didn't want to post that here becuase I knew it might hurt your feelings if I mentioned that the Redskins hadn't seen the postseason since 1992. Really sad when you think about it. 13 years. Wow.
Originally Posted by iheartskins

Your knowledge of our playoff history is almost as pathetic as your knowledge of our team.

We were in the Playoffs in 1999.

Whoops.

:owned:

On the other hand, if the Skins play perfect ball (more than 20 points, no turnovers) , they could surprise as they did in 1991. But IMO it is a long shot at best.

Please see one and seven posts above for a more recent defeat of the Giants in Giants Stadium in 1999. Oh, and the score was 50-21--I'd say that was a pretty solid margin of victory.

EDIT: Because of ArmchairRedskin speakin' the truth. :)

I'm a Skins FANaddict, but I don't see them winning this game. Manning will control the tempo using Barber's runs and accurate throws to Toomer and Shockey to move the chains. Williams will revert to his drop back defense and not be able to apply any meaningful pressure against Manning. TOP and the hostile conditions at the Meadowlands (wind and crowd) will be too much for the Skins to overcome. It is unrealistic to think the Skins will not turn the ball over and give the Giants some easy opportunites. On the other hand, if the Skins play perfect ball (more than 20 points, no turnovers) , they could surprise as they did in 1991. But IMO it is a long shot at best.

Way to keep the faith.

"Its a good read, you really get to see where the Redskins are living. They think that they are more respectable fans then us, better people and we are just a bunch of New York morons.

They say they have more class, then they got the drunk Eli picture thread going, then another picture thread making fun of Shockey, the secondary and other Giants. Then they made a thread to pick on other nfc east teams like the Eagles. They say they have the second best offense in football becuase they have a lot of yards. I tried to tell them that scoring points is what matters but they don't want to hear it. Oh yeah, Eli is overated too. Just ask them. Like I said its a good read. The Redskin fans are starting to come out of the woodwork again. Who knows mabye this year they will make it to the playoffs for the first time since 1992."

Whatta crybaby b*tch.

Lol I didn't even remember them getting in 1999. Okay so thats 2 out of 13 years. But seriously you guys are underating the Giants to the point of stupidity. Also taking in to considering this game is in Giants staidum. I really don't think the Skins are going to win.

:laugh:

pot-kettle-black? :laugh:

come Sunday we'll see whom was living in fantasy land

Can yall believe these homer giants fans?

he giants are a much better offense then the redskins....10 times better under pressure as u have seen from the past two weeks.......eli is undoubtably one of the best 2nd year quarterbacks ever and compared to mark brunell career wise will be overall extremely better........tiki and portis i would honestly take portis but i think they are evenly matched........Plaxico and santana moss You can give me all the stats you want and you can tell me santana leads the league in recieving yards I don't care......overall i would take Plaxico although he doesn't have the same blazing speed like santana moss.....hes not afraid to go over the middle,and he can go up for the ball just as good as any reciever if not better.Jeremy shockey OWNS any tight end on washington........the offensive line was a little shaky on sunday but obviously got the job done........as for the #2 reciever amani toomer after the giants actually pass to him more i think he's going play a more important role and be better than cooley......you can say im biased all you want but in nfl ranking giants are top 6 in cbs sportsline power rankings while redskins are 10.......i mean come on theirs no comparison
Hey NEWBIE.......take a look at the Redskins away record and the Giants Home record.

You amuse me with "how your offense" when you went against San Fran (worse defense).

In Lockharts words, "you're a MORON!!!!". You guys think you good when actually, the skins is the worst team in the NFC east!!! YEAH, THATS RIGHT! I SAID IT!!!!

I bet you haven't seen our games, but too busy watching skins step in dog poop with how they got their wins.

Say good bye to your usual game which is throw the ball up and say the "Hail Mary Full of Grace, throw to Moss Deep" prayer

redskins afre gonna com to town and get sent home packin with another loss.. and u guys are the same fans who said eli was never gonna get good.. fh/uk the redskins!
Ur not saying Moss is better then Plax are you???? LOL!

Posts like these just make my day :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Lol I didn't even remember them getting in 1999. Okay so thats 2 out of 13 years. But seriously you guys are underating the Giants to the point of stupidity. Also taking in to considering this game is in Giants staidum. I really don't think the Skins are going to win.

It doesn't matter what you think. Bears didnt think we'd beat them, Dallas KNEW we wouldn't beat them Seattle said we wouldn't beat them, now you say we won't. It doesn't really matter. The fans can underrate any team/player they want. Just be sure that Joe Gibbs' teams play full on for 60 minutes.

Here's a fact that makes as much sense as some of the Giants' facts.

Fact I just bought my first jersey ever today (Portis') so that means we are gonna whoop the Giants in East Rutherford this sunday.

No that's actually true. My Mark Murphy (fellow Colgate Grad) #29 should be arriving today as well from bestsportsapparel.com. That's enough for me to conclude that we are winning this game. And that's irrebuttable fact.

Archived