Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Facts about about this weekends game from a GIANTS fan

Happyfoosball

:laugh: The Giants big point total came against just as bad of teams as the 49ers... so if you throw out these games... Their avg point total would be pretty avg. at best. 45 against the Cardinals #25 scoring defense, 44 against the Rams #31 ranked scoring defense, 27 against the Saints # 29 ranked scoring defense :laugh:

BTW the other three games the Giants avg. a whopping 19 points a game

see you can't have it both ways.

Facts. The Skins have the #2 offense in yards, the #2 offense in 3rd down conversion, #3 TOP, Avg 22.5 pts a game, defense allows less than 17.2 a game (#8) and are rank #4 defense in yards... all against top defenses, and before the 49'er game.. the toughest schedule played in the NFC... including 3 road games.

and that impressive takeaway total is a bit exaggerated as well.. you had 14 in 3 games (4 in a loss to Dallas) And most were gimme's not because the Giants did anything special to force them. Oh and I am sure that extra "home" game hasn't aided the giants one bit :rolleyes: ... considering they are winnless on the road. :laugh:

owned.jpg

dude- get a grip.

did you know that 3 of the skins games have been against top 10 D's? and if you take away the skins games vs those D's, they may have played 3 games against top 5 D's, as the skins in each game vs the bears, cowboys and seahawks accumulated more yards (yes, we know you hate yards) than each team allows on average.

who have the giants played? 3 D's who are currently 26th or worse in pass D. did you know that eli has 4 TD's and 3 INT's vs arizona, NO, and dallas combined even though only one of those teams is top 10 in pass D?

you want to talk about weak competition? start with your own team.

good luck vs our 'average' O this year.

btw- when the skins O was in fact bad last year, they still beat the giants ass. :gaintsuck

owned.jpg

Like I said, anybody who has seen him play knows how good he is. There is no doubt he's going to keep getting better but it is what it is. He took the Giants 83 yards to win the game last week.

Watched the whole game against Dallas...not to impressive. :gaintsuck

Maybe his daddy can talk to the league and they can fix it where the Skins cant blitz more than once a series.

Right about now, foos is off to a Giants board going "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp" ;)

And I have to wonder, if the Skins win by a decent margin against the Giants, ( not exactly a top rated Defense there ) do we throw that one out as well? :)

But.......

Passer rating:

Brunell= 98.3

Manning=88.7

Rushing Yards:

Portis= 544

Barber=483

Passing TD’s

Brunell= 12

Manning= 12

Receptions

Moss= 38

Buress= 36

Total Offense

Skins= 2

Giants= 14 (behind Arizona and New Orleans!)

first downs per game

Skins= 22.7

Giants= 18.2

3rd down conversions

Skins= 46.1

Giants= 39.4

Yards per game

Skins= 387.2

Giants= 332.2

Penalties

Skins= 42

Giants= 52

Skins= 32.59

Giants= 26.16

move along

average offense with the number one WR in the league. We have had trouble scoring all year except we have scored 21, 28, and 52 points in the last 3 games. Your secondary is getting better every game, our offense is making incredible strides each week and I expect the same in this weeks game. Should be a good game, I really think the skins can and will win

But.......

Passer rating:

Brunell= 98.3

Manning=88.7

Rushing Yards:

Portis= 544

Barber=483

Passing TD’s

Brunell= 12

Manning= 12

Receptions

Moss= 38

Buress= 36

Total Offense

Skins= 2

Giants= 14 (behind Arizona and New Orleans!)

first downs per game

Skins= 22.7

Giants= 18.2

3rd down conversions

Skins= 46.1

Giants= 39.4

Yards per game

Skins= 387.2

Giants= 332.2

Penalties

Skins= 42

Giants= 52

Skins= 32.59

Giants= 26.16

move along

Points Per Game

Giants=28

Skins=22

Total Points

Giants=173

Skins=135

Turnover Ratio

Giants=+9

Skins=-6

Kick Return Yards Avg.

Giants=26

Skins=22

Dont forget our D is also healthier then it has been in weeks. We have Springs back, Harris back, Arrington comming back to play. Our pass coverage is going to be much better then it has been as of late and we will be generating a pass rush finally with Arrington out there. We will be able to send more people on blitzes with a healthy set of starting DB's.

I have been reading this board for about a week. I've heard a few terms thrown around, drunk pictures of my teams qb, and oh yeah a picture thread picking on my teams secondary. Well the picture has Will Peterson in it. Will Peterson isn't playing this week, he hasn't really played all year. He probably won't play at all until next month. Okay lets get started.

Fiction -

The Washington Redskins have the number 2 offense in the nfl - No, offense is measured in terms of scoring points. Not how many yards you put up against a crappy team like the 49ers. The Redskins have had trouble scoring points all year except in their game against the 49ers. Lets face it nobody has trouble scoring points against the 49ers. Some college teams could probably beat them.

Eli Manning is overated - No he's not. You'll see that this week just in the same way the Chargers saw it even though the Giants lost, the Rams saw it, and then the Broncos saw it.

How the game will be played out - To me its real simple. The Giants are going to have oppurtunities in the redzone against the Skins defense. If they score td's they will win, if they have to settle for fg's or turn the ball over they will lose. The Redskins have a good defense, but an average offense, the Giants have a good offense but actually a below average defense against the pass. The Giants actually do have a good front 7 its the secondary thats bad but they are improving game to game.

Basically for the Redskins its going to be up to Mark Brunell to beat the Giants at home and i'm sorry I just don't think its going to happen. Good luck in the second game in your house mabye it will turn out different. I'm guessing 24-17 Giants.

You said it yourself, your team is weak against the pass. Brunell is rated the best qb in the NFC, and our defense is great against the pass. It's going to be up to Tiki, not Eli for your team to just stay in the game. I see it as a down to the wire game 28 - 27 Redskins win!

You said it yourself, your team is weak against the pass. Brunell is rated the best qb in the NFC, and our defense is great against the pass. It's going to be up to Tiki, not Eli for your team to just stay in the game. I see it as a down to the wire game 28 - 27 Redskins win!

If it's up to Tiki the Gint's are in a world of hurt.

Last Season against the Skins defense he had

GM 1. 18 att 42 yards 2.3 ypc

GM 2. 15 att 38 yards 2.5 ypc

ZERO TDs!

Am I the only one that doesn't think this is going to be a close game? I really think the way that we match up against the giants we're going to walk all over them.

Please tell me how my logic is flawed:

1) Special teams is not going to give up yards to the giants forcing Eli to move the ball the entire field.

2) Walking up the field is very difficult as KC and Denver found. Moreover, if Lavar and our secondary is playing Williams will probably show an even more ferocious defense than we've seen the past few weeks. San Fran received just a taste of what the giants will receive.

3) The only comparable defense to the giants we've played against has been... San Fran. And our Offense moved the ball at WILL against the Broncos defense.

4) Frankly, if our offense comes out aggressive and puts up points quickly and early we'll have the giants playing catchup the whole game which would make victory for the giants very very difficult.

I have been reading this board for about a week. I've heard a few terms thrown around, drunk pictures of my teams qb, and oh yeah a picture thread picking on my teams secondary. Well the picture has Will Peterson in it. Will Peterson isn't playing this week, he hasn't really played all year. He probably won't play at all until next month. Okay lets get started.

Fiction -

The Washington Redskins have the number 2 offense in the nfl - No, offense is measured in terms of scoring points. Not how many yards you put up against a crappy team like the 49ers. The Redskins have had trouble scoring points all year except in their game against the 49ers. Lets face it nobody has trouble scoring points against the 49ers. Some college teams could probably beat them.

Eli Manning is overated - No he's not. You'll see that this week just in the same way the Chargers saw it even though the Giants lost, the Rams saw it, and then the Broncos saw it.

How the game will be played out - To me its real simple. The Giants are going to have oppurtunities in the redzone against the Skins defense. If they score td's they will win, if they have to settle for fg's or turn the ball over they will lose. The Redskins have a good defense, but an average offense, the Giants have a good offense but actually a below average defense against the pass. The Giants actually do have a good front 7 its the secondary thats bad but they are improving game to game.

Basically for the Redskins its going to be up to Mark Brunell to beat the Giants at home and i'm sorry I just don't think its going to happen. Good luck in the second game in your house mabye it will turn out different. I'm guessing 24-17 Giants.

i really hate to break it to you but your giants D isnt much better than the 49ers D. when will you people learn to not underestimate the redskins offense? almost every team this year has keyed in on stopping portis, and when u dont drop 2 safties in the secondary, moss WILL burn you. look at the cowboys game...they dropped 2 safties and moss STILL burned them twice! i hope u dont think the giants D is better than the cowboys? gl

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36480

Can you believe they are saying that Coughing a lot is better than Joe Gibbs?

It's an old post that got recalled, but it does show that a lot of people think Gibbs is a has been. I can't wait to watch this game!

toilet_guy1.jpg

i laughed when i read about how the redskins would finish last, and how gibbs was in over his head...and most of all the comments about moss. "yeah, that guy doesnt know anything. trading coles for moss??? what was that old dude thinking? lol". my reply...how does that shoe in your mouth taste? :laugh:

Archived