Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Facts about about this weekends game from a GIANTS fan

Happyfoosball

I have been reading this board for about a week. I've heard a few terms thrown around, drunk pictures of my teams qb, and oh yeah a picture thread picking on my teams secondary. Well the picture has Will Peterson in it. Will Peterson isn't playing this week, he hasn't really played all year. He probably won't play at all until next month. Okay lets get started.

Fiction -

The Washington Redskins have the number 2 offense in the nfl - No, offense is measured in terms of scoring points. Not how many yards you put up against a crappy team like the 49ers. The Redskins have had trouble scoring points all year except in their game against the 49ers. Lets face it nobody has trouble scoring points against the 49ers. Some college teams could probably beat them.

Eli Manning is overated - No he's not. You'll see that this week just in the same way the Chargers saw it even though the Giants lost, the Rams saw it, and then the Broncos saw it.

How the game will be played out - To me its real simple. The Giants are going to have oppurtunities in the redzone against the Skins defense. If they score td's they will win, if they have to settle for fg's or turn the ball over they will lose. The Redskins have a good defense, but an average offense, the Giants have a good offense but actually a below average defense against the pass. The Giants actually do have a good front 7 its the secondary thats bad but they are improving game to game.

Basically for the Redskins its going to be up to Mark Brunell to beat the Giants at home and i'm sorry I just don't think its going to happen. Good luck in the second game in your house mabye it will turn out different. I'm guessing 24-17 Giants.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Find your own message board idiot. :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

Well, we'll let the Giants defense learn the hard way. You say we have an average offense, we'll i'm not gonna say anything except this: I hope the Giants ignore Santana Moss all day, because six other teams did and look what he did against them.

I have been reading this board for about a week. I've heard a few terms thrown around, drunk pictures of my teams qb, and oh yeah a picture thread picking on my teams secondary. Well the picture has Will Peterson in it. Will Peterson isn't playing this week, he hasn't really played all year. He probably won't play at all until next month. Okay lets get started.

Fiction -

The Washington Redskins have the number 2 offense in the nfl - No, offense is measured in terms of scoring points. Not how many yards you put up against a crappy team like the 49ers. The Redskins have had trouble scoring points all year except in their game against the 49ers. Lets face it nobody has trouble scoring points against the 49ers. Some college teams could probably beat them.

Eli Manning is overated - No he's not. You'll see that this week just in the same way the Chargers saw it even though the Giants lost, the Rams saw it, and then the Broncos saw it.

How the game will be played out - To me its real simple. The Giants are going to have oppurtunities in the redzone against the Skins defense. If they score td's they will win, if they have to settle for fg's or turn the ball over they will lose. The Redskins have a good defense, but an average offense, the Giants have a good offense but actually a below average defense against the pass. The Giants actually do have a good front 7 its the secondary thats bad but they are improving game to game.

Basically for the Redskins its going to be up to Mark Brunell to beat the Giants at home and i'm sorry I just don't think its going to happen. Good luck in the second game in your house mabye it will turn out different. I'm guessing 24-17 Giants.

Your assessment of the game is fair. It's a very logical analysis and could very well occur. However, your two "facts" are both opinions.

The Redskins are, by definition, the #2 offense in the league. They are not the 2nd highest scoring team, but that is not how the NFL ranks offenses...so your opinion is that they are average. Secondly, your opinion is that Eli is not overrated...I actually hold the same opinion, but it is still just our opinion.

I look at the game a little differently than you. I don't know what guarantees that the Giants will have several opportunities in the red zone, our D has shown the capability of forcing a good amount of 3-and-outs and holding teams to 2 or 3 scoring drives per game.

I know it's cliche, but if the Skins protect the ball, I think they should win the game. If the Giants (as good as their O is) have to drive 70 or 80 yards on our D, they won't score more than 17 points.

Good luck. :gaintsuck

This is a respect game. The winner will gain much respect league wide. The loser will have to prove it some other day.

I think the Redskins are better all around than the Giants. But I also know that the Meadowlands is a very good home field advantage. Also, I do think the Giants will have the better Manning in the long run. So our defense has a pretty large challenge this week.

It is nice to have such an important and meaningful game for both teams again.

We have an average offense. You lost all credibility there.

If you take the 49ers game away. The Redskins highest scoring game of the year is 21 points. Thats not good offensive production. You guys can say well the leauge judges the offense in yards. A few years ago, the Giants had a top 5 offense in yards but couldn't score points becuase Kerry Collins turned it over in the red zone. Thats not good offense. Offense is about scoring points, not making yards.

Eli Manning is OVERRATED, at least for now... Just because he has shown a lot of promise here and there, does not mean he is as good as the other ppl he keeps getting compared to (John Elway, Payton Manning, etc...). The fact that so many ppl are making all these comparisons this early means that he IS overrated. I am not denying that he is good and probobly WILL be one of the best. But he isn't there yet and presuming that he is will be the downfall of your team. Your team has a HORRID defense, not even worthy of being rated as "below average". Our offense has been scoring more points every week, and consequently been getting better and better every week. They should be listed as either good or above average at this point with the chance to be listed as really good to great by the end of the year. You will be the one to see this comming sunday that we are right about our team, and you were terribly terribly wrong. Don't come to our board making such declarations when all you have is your opinion on your team and ours to back it up. Your team does 2 things well, you create turnovers, and you capitalize off those turnovers, if we can keep from allowing you to create turnovers, then you will have nothing to capitalize on.

Eli Manning is OVERRATED, at least for now... Just because he has shown a lot of promise here and there, does not mean he is as good as the other ppl he keeps getting compared to (John Elway, Payton Manning, etc...). The fact that so many ppl are making all these comparisons this early means that he IS overrated. I am not denying that he is good and probobly WILL be one of the best. But he isn't there yet and presuming that he is will be the downfall of your team. Your team has a HORRID defense, not even worthy of being rated as "below average". Our offense has been scoring more points every week, and consequently been getting better and better every week. They should be listed as either good or above average at this point with the chance to be listed as really good to great by the end of the year. You will be the one to see this comming sunday that we are right about our team, and you were terribly terribly wrong. Don't come to our board making such declarations when all you have is your opinion on your team and ours to back it up. Your team does 2 things well, you create turnovers, and you capitalize off those turnovers, if we can keep from allowing you to create turnovers, then you will have nothing to capitalize on.

Like I said, anybody who has seen him play knows how good he is. There is no doubt he's going to keep getting better but it is what it is. He took the Giants 83 yards to win the game last week.

I look at the game a little differently than you. I don't know what guarantees that the Giants will have several opportunities in the red zone, our D has shown the capability of forcing a good amount of 3-and-outs and holding teams to 2 or 3 scoring drives per game.

I know it's cliche, but if the Skins protect the ball, I think they should win the game. If the Giants (as good as their O is) have to drive 70 or 80 yards on our D, they won't score more than 17 points.

Good luck. :gaintsuck

Here's a fun fact. Seven out of the Giants' 20 TDs were special team TDs or from starting the drive on the opponent's side of the field (not to mention the 4 FG scoring drives that moved the ball less than 30 yards). That said, the Giants have gotten over an easy TD per game as a result of poor special teams play and turnovers from their opponents.

The Giants are currently averaging 26.8 ppg on offense (removing those special team TDs). That's still first in the league, but only by a tenth of a point over San Diego and only 4.3 points per game more than the Redskins.

Combining the 2 facts, one could surmise that no small part of the Giants scoring is their ability to create turnovers and score on special teams. I propose that if the Redskins play the Giants to a draw on turnovers and special teams, they will win the game.

If you take the 49ers game away. The Redskins highest scoring game of the year is 21 points. Thats not good offensive production. You guys can say well the leauge judges the offense in yards. A few years ago, the Giants had a top 5 offense in yards but couldn't score points becuase Kerry Collins turned it over in the red zone. Thats not good offense. Offense is about scoring points, not making yards.

True, but in the NFL it is also about when you play someone. Our offense is getting better each week. They are finally starting to gel. As Eli has improved and the Giant offense has improved so has the skins offense. I will also take a 14 year veteran that can still play over a second year player. Eli is the future, but not the present. Concerning our defense, ask all the QB's that have had to face us how good we are? We are rated number 4 for a reason.

These Giants trolls are everywhere days before the game. Now just imagine if they win Sunday.....

Good lord.

Well it was annoying reading stuff like Crumblers better then Shockey, looking at drunk pictures of Eli Manning, pictures making fun of the Giants other players then having to sit and read a thread about how you guys are supposed to have more class then us. I felt obligated to register at that point. Espically when you called the Redskins low scoring offense the #2 in the leauge.

True, but in the NFL it is also about when you play someone. Our offense is getting better each week. They are finally starting to gel. As Eli has improved and the Giant offense has improved so has the skins offense. I will also take a 14 year veteran that can still play over a second year player. Eli is the future, but not the present. Concerning our defense, ask all the QB's that have had to face us how good we are? We are rated number 4 for a reason.

I know how good the Redskins defense is. Its the strength of the Redskins team its the reason the Redskins are 4-2.

It doesn't matter to me how many points that the Giants have scored so far this year. If you look at who they have played, these are teams with weak defenses. The only team with a good D was Dallas, and they struggled.

We will just have to wait and see on Sunday what offense is for real.

Well it was annoying reading stuff like Crumblers better then Shockey, looking at drunk pictures of Eli Manning, pictures making fun of the Giants other players then having to sit and read a thread about how you guys are supposed to have more class then us. I felt obligated to register at that point. Espically when you called the Redskins low scoring offense the #2 in the leauge.

But you're a Giants fan on a Redskins fan message board......let that compute a little for a second.......

I mean seriously. It's like going to a Lions den as a baby calf and complaining that the Lions always bite you for some strange reason.

The Redskins' offense is averaging only 4 ppg less than the Giants. As I mentioned above, no small part of the Giants' scoring is directly attributable to favorable turnover position or special teams. 7 TDs came from special teams or drives starting in opposition territory, and 4 FG drives were less than 30 yards.

That's not to say the Giants wouldn't have scored on those drives otherwise, it's just saying that the Giants 'point totals aren't as indicative to the effectiveness of the Giants' offense at this "point" in time as you make them out.

:laugh: The Giants big point total came against just as bad of teams as the 49ers... so if you throw out these games... Their avg point total would be pretty avg. at best. 45 against the Cardinals #25 scoring defense, 44 against the Rams #31 ranked scoring defense, 27 against the Saints # 29 ranked scoring defense :laugh:

BTW the other three games the Giants avg. a whopping 19 points a game

see you can't have it both ways.

Facts. The Skins have the #2 offense in yards, the #2 offense in 3rd down conversion, #3 TOP, Avg 22.5 pts a game, defense allows less than 17.2 a game (#8) and are rank #4 defense in yards... all against top defenses, and before the 49'er game.. the toughest schedule played in the NFC... including 3 road games.

and that impressive takeaway total is a bit exaggerated as well.. you had 14 in 3 games (4 in a loss to Dallas) And most were gimme's not because the Giants did anything special to force them. Oh and I am sure that extra "home" game hasn't aided the giants one bit :rolleyes: ... considering they are winnless on the road. :laugh:

Fiction -

only 17 points? This isnt the 2004 washington redskins.

And for Eli Manning, Yes overrated, yes, But is he a good QB? Yes.

Fiction -

only 17 points? This isnt the 2004 washington redskins.

And for Eli Manning, is he overrated? Yes, But is he a good QB? Yes.

:laugh: The Giants big point total came against just as bad of teams as the 49ers... so if you throw out thise games... Their avg point total would be pretty avg. at best.

see you can't have it both ways.

Facts. The Skins have the #2 offense in yards, the #2 offense in 3rd down conversion, #3 TOP, Avg 22.5 pts a game, defense allows less than 17.2 a game (#8) and are rank #4 defense in yards... all against top defenses, and before the 49 game.. the toughest schedule played in the NFC... including 3 road games.

and that impressive takeaway total is a bit exaggerated as well.. you had 14 in 3 games (4 in a loss to Dallas) And most were gimme's not because the Giants did anything special to force them. Oh and I am sure that extra "home" game has aided the giants one bit... considering they are winnless on the road. :laugh:

Lay down the law Bubba!

Archived