Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Network: Line of Scrimmage: Week 8 - Ten Fearless Predictions

bubba9497

I think it's normal to be underwhelmed by a Gibbs team. This happened all through the 1980s until he had established himself as a consistent winner. Even AFTER he'd won a SB or two, our teams were never "feared" as much as the teams with bigger names. But they won. A lot.

I understand this guy's point about a good team finishing last in our division. The fact is, we're more than a third of the way through the season and all 4 teams have a winning record. Whichever team ends up finishing last is going to be at least an average team.

I agree with bubba in his analysis though. We have a tougher D than NY and a better offense than Dallas and Philly. Additionally, we've accrued the same record as the Giants against a much tougher schedule to date (for what that's worth).

All in all, I don't hold anything against this guy for his prediction, it's not a horrible one, but I just disagree with him.

That leaves the Giants and Skins, and I have a feeling I can count on Eli Manning and Plaxico Burress to be more consistent than Mark Brunell and Santana Moss. I'm also not impressed with the Redskins defense, which doesn't force many turnovers or put much pressure on the passer.

Interesting. I guess he's impressed with the Giants 31st ranked defense? You'd think these clowns will run out of things to say sooner or later...

Let these people keep on writing this crap. And after we win this week we will see a little bit less, and by the end of the season they will all be saying "I told you that the Redskins are the best" Idoits. I hope they all die a slow painful death and burn in hell.

With a tight division like the NFC East, how does anyone know who will finish last, and who will finish first? Also, he stated that the Eagles are still talented. Yes, they are a good team, but throwing the ball 500 times with a injured quarterback, spells disaster.

And the Cowboys..... they cant even close out games. Where do they find these people to become analyst????

He was doing pretty good, until he got to the Skins. :doh:

While certainly we could finish last in a hot division, his logic stinks. Totally ignoring that the Giant's D has not been good at all, while putting down our D because it is only good, not great isn't exactly a good argument.

Also, nice to see that Dallas still gets the mulligan from the media. :doh:

Jason

Prediction: Giants will pressure Brunell and slow Portis while Manning accrues some mileage on the other side of the ball. Giants 27, Redskins 24.

© Sports Network

These guys always claim to make "Fearless" predictions, but always pick the big games to be close. If you're so fearless, show some sac and pick a team to beat another good team by 20.

I don't get this guys game prediction he brings up the fact at how well MB and Santana have been doing, how poor the defense of the Giants is, how the giants have caused turnovers thought the skins have only given up 3 pics, and how Coughlin won almost all his games with Brunell.

Then he ends it with the Giants D will pressure MB and Portis.

How? I hate how the media brings on these predictions with no reasoning. Everything he pointed out in this matchup would lead to the skins beating the G-men.

I have no problem with an opinion that we will lose. Just throw me a logical reason of why.

:laugh:

This is the stuff that makes the wins so much sweeter.

Tom Coughlin/Eli Manning or Joe Gibbs/Mark "better than rypien" Brunell...I'll take Gibbs

Your post got me thinking about the '91 season. Does anyone have access to Rypien's stats up to week 8 of '91?

Unless there is an injury, The Skins by common sense have the best chance to dethrone the eagles of the three.

1. The Giants have no defense, and their 4-2 record has been built on a weaker schedule that included 4 home games in their first 6. Now their schedule becomes harder and they have to play more away games than home, after Sunday. Too many people get all excited about takeaways... but you have to look when they occurred and what the team did with them. They got 6 gifts against the Saints in the bogus away game, and 4 from the Rams, 2 from the Cards, and 4 in a loss to Dallas. That's 16 in four games... 14 in three (one a loss)

2. The Cowboys were a fraud to begin with, They can't score points regularly, their defense chokes in the fourth, they have problems in their kicking game, and now play their remaining NFC East games on the road, after losing one at home to the Skins. They aren't great on the road, losing to Seattle late, to Oakland, and almost lost to San Fran on the road. Plus they still play 2 tough AFC West teams, Denver, & Kansas City at home, plus Carolina on the Road. Add into the mix, they have lost a key member of an already shaky OL.

3. Washington is by far the most balanced team in the NFC East... heck NFC period ( #2 Offense, #2 third conv., #4 Defense, #1 return coverage team). While they still have 5 NFC East games, having beat the Boys on the road... the rest of their schedule is winnable, with the toughest games outside of the East being Tampa on the Road and A hot & cold Charger team at home. They have two winnable road games,.. one with a beat up Rams team, and against a bad Cardinal team. If they win the next two games they are in the cat bird seat, in the NFC East. If the beat the Giants on the road, and lose to the Eagles (who are also hurting) They still have the inside track to at least the wild card. Also after Sunday the Skins have more games than road.

Yes things change, and anything can happen... injuries, bad calls, a bad bounce in a close game.. but barring any real biggie... the Redskins have the most realistic shot based on what they have done so far.

What pisses me off is when dumb people like you just talk out of your @ss. Can you for 1 sec just shut up. Weaker what? You just played San Fran. We just beat a team you lost too? So what? You got lucky against the Cowboys. You got lucky with the Seahawks. You beat the bears by 2. Shut up please. I want to have intelligent conversations with you guys but honestly you guys think your great and your going to take the division. You D is overhyped get over it. We avg. 22 a game and your team is about 17 a game. Defensive points allowed a game. Thats not a huge difference at all. Lets us play San Fran to bring our stats up and down too. It annoys me when you dont know what your talking about. Learn the F'in game.

Eore and PLexiglass being more consistant then Burnell and Moss. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

After I read that I didn't even read his perdiction. :laugh: :gaintsuck :laugh: :gaintsuck :laugh: :gaintsuck :laugh:

One thing I find funny.....YOU WISH YOU HAD ELI....dont deny it..

What pisses me off is when dumb people like you just talk out of your @ss. Can you for 1 sec just shut up. Weaker what? You just played San Fran. We just beat a team you lost too? So what? You got lucky against the Cowboys. You got lucky with the Seahawks. You beat the bears by 2. Shut up please. I want to have intelligent conversations with you guys but honestly you guys think your great and your going to take the division. You D is overhyped get over it. We avg. 22 a game and your team is about 17 a game. Defensive points allowed a game. Thats not a huge difference at all. Lets us play San Fran to bring our stats up and down too. It annoys me when you dont know what your talking about. Learn the F'in game.

Hey idiot, open your eyes. We have been playing without our starting corners and Arrington until last week. We earned the #4 D without them. With them, we can play the schemes we normally do, and pressure the QB.

I could easily pick apart your wins too bozo. Play some road games against quality teams before you open your trap.

Hey idiot, open your eyes. We have been playing without our starting corners and Arrington until last week. We earned the #4 D without them. With them, we can play the schemes we normally do, and pressure the QB.

I could easily pick apart your wins too bozo. Play some road games against quality teams before you open your trap.

Bozo playing in San Diego isnt quality? Oh wait San Fran is...quality...

Om said there'd be days like these.....

Archived