Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Hall coming back? Novak won the job?

cscmtp

Hall if used would be on FGs not kickoffs as that is where you are less controlled and try to destroy the ball which leads to more leg injuries and re-tweaking if you will of current injuries. Where is Rufus Brown??? Did he ever get picked up? I'd sure like him in there over Jimoh if we have an extra roster spot.

Boy we sure could use an extra DB, or DL. This whole situation sucks. Hall has become such a liability. The ice under him is getting thin.

As flaskinfan stated, I wish Novak could put a few in the endzone.

Does anybody have an update? ("...still listed as day-to-day...")

Novak's also had two field goals blocked. I'm not someone who watches the games over and over, but this seems to be evidence that he doesn't get them high enough early. I hope we bring back hall. I'd rather us just miss field goals than have them blocked, and give the enemy great field position, or possibly returned for a td.

Novak is basically a rookie so I am inclined to give him a break. Given Hall's history of injuries I am inclined to give Novak the job. Put Hall on injured reserve and free up a roster spot. I think the coaches need to make a decision this week and free up a roster spot either way.

Hall will get paid his whole salary this year even if he is put on IR - cost is a non-issue.

Novak's first block came when a guy broke free in the middle of the line. His second block seemed to be on a very good push by a very tall lineman who jumped just right and got it.

How did Dante Hall do against all those short kickoffs? A lot of those kicks are short and high to disrupt the return timing and blocking schemes. Two weeks ago up blockers had to fair catch them giving up no return yards at all. I thinks that's really clever coaching by Danny Smith.

I think it's time to let Hall go to IR. Even if he comes back, if we cut Novak, someone else will likely pick him up and then it's very possible that Hall will get hurt again and then we'll be out of luck.

I wonder if Novak was named Ola Kimrin if everyone here would have the same excuses for his below average preformance. If the guy had come from San Diego State instead of Maryland, I don't think everyone would be so forgiving of a guy who's had 2 FGs blocked and can't kickoff past the 20 half the time.

I wonder if Novak was named Ola Kimrin if everyone here would have the same excuses for his below average preformance. If the guy had come from San Diego State instead of Maryland, I don't think everyone would be so forgiving of a guy who's had 2 FGs blocked and can't kickoff past the 20 half the time.

Well the blocks I would agree with you on (though I have no way of knowing when it's the kickers fault). However, when he tries, he gets the ball inside the 5 half the time...when it's a short-kick on purpose, it goes to the 15.

Let's at least be fair and objective...

.....those short kick-offs make me very nervous....if it is by design, then they are truly living on the edge....

Not really...high, short kicks that are fielded by other players minimize the returns. Even if the KR fields it, he's much closer to the point of attack and can't really get behind the wedge. They are actually safer than kicking to the goalline. The only kick safer would be a touchback but, I'll admit neither Novak or Hall has shown they can achieve that...

The only kick safer would be a touchback but, I'll admit neither Novak or Hall has shown they can achieve that...

There aren't many kickers who can anymore, now that they moved the kickoffs back to the 30. A guy like Dante Hall could take it out anyways.

Since you can't directional kick a kickoff, the only other option is to kick short and get your guys down there before they can set up.

Jason

Archived