Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Hall coming back? Novak won the job?

cscmtp

Gibbs mentioned on 980 on Monday evening that most of the short kickoffs were by design. Now, how much of that was Gibbs being Gibbs and covering for his player, I don't know.

But a couple only went to the 15 yard line and I'm pretty sure THAT was by design.

fibbs also said that novak doesn't have the strongest leg too. so i dunno which is which. :whoknows:

also why all the love for novak? he hasn't kicked enough FG for me to know if he's good or not.

A team in the hunt can't rely on a rookie kicker especially in playoff sitiations. Hall is proven the guy is almost automatic since he has been here its just a health issue. He has made huge pressure kicks to make the playoffs,in the playoffs and in bad weather conditions.

You guys do realize that Cortez beat Novak out for the Dallas kicking job and we all know how bad he sucks. He was beat out by the bears kicker has well.

I will agree with some if Novak was'nt from UM it would'nt even be a topic. This is'nt about what you did in college its about bigtime pressure sitiations where your lively hood is a stake.

Novak could be good but we can't be depending on a rookie kicker come dec and jan when it really matters and the fields get sloppy.

You'll notice in watching the game again, that the kickoffs, ( a couple I can recall), were headed towards one side of the field or the other. This allows the ST's guys to lock in better on the return guy. Trap a little easier if you will. And that guy was Hall. Nothing wrong with that strategy and with that in mind I'm betting Gibbs was telling the truth.

I do not feel comfortable just trying to depend on Hall for the entire season. If we feel like we want Hall to be available then keep them both on the roster. I would prefer Hall on the Ir and we go with Novak. Their are alot of injured Kickers and Novak would be snatched up quickly.

Well, I would kick (use both of them) but man I sure hope it doesn't happen but Hall's leg is vulnerable to re-injury. I mean he first hurt it last year and we brought in the guy from Sweden and it just seems like hall hasn't been the same. Great guy, I like Hall! But a kick-off, punt is like an extra play on offense for the receiving team so good thread STs are more than crucial, there critical. Jimoh is a bum from hell! Can't cover, can't tackle, I mean this guy is useless. I don't know why in the world they picked him over Brown. Brown seemed a little unstable in his reads and coverage but at least he was a hitter. And I feel a hellufa lot more comfortable with Brown out there but man every time I look at Jimoh I just get concerned...that guy scares the hell out of me I really don't know what he's going to do or where he'll be! Even during warm ups as I watch at the South end of the endzone...he just doesn't seem to belong. But I'll never heckle him; it will never get that bad..but I tell you boy!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

This the 12th Man and thats all I know!

Who said Top 5 Kicker? FYI, we are talking about John Hall here, not Adam V, Vanderjagt, Rackers. He has kicked FGs at 80% once(besides this years 2 FGs) and that 80% would rank him about 22 last year. Far from a top5 Kicker, servicable yes, Top 5 no.

Halls career % is damn good considering he kicked almost his entire career at the meadowlands a kickers nightmare because of the swirling wind and field conditions.

I'd rather get Morton or Gary Anderson out of retirement then go with Novak in dec and jan atleast its automatic from 45 and in.

Hall is in a completly different zipcode has a kicker then Novak. I would'nt be so sure he would be scooped up like some think. You have to remember he was available for a reason when we got him. And honestly he has had 2 kicks blocked already he has'nt been a standout..

Archived