Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Computer games

SoulKatcher

Just wanted to start this thread out of curiosity. Always on the lookout for new games... any gamers out there that have a favorite?

EQ

EQ2

Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 (Currently playing 2)

Joint Ops

Tribes (although haven't played any of the latest)

Halo (The only console game... sold the XBox)

are amoung my favorites. Have tried WOW but couldn't really get into it. Hoping some of you can recommend some new ones.

And, yes I did see the post about the guy that died after playing 50 hrs. ;)

I like Age of Empires, and the new one should be coming out in stores any day now. AOE III is supposed to be 3d and they have added all sorts of new features. Think What C&C Generals did for the Red Alert Series...

I mostly play EQ2 and years of playing EQ. Recently, when I need a break, I usually play Anarchy Online (basic game, no expansions, is a free download and free to play till 2007). Tried WoW, and just felt it was too shallow vs. other mmo's out there.

As far as single player games, I just replayed Knights of the Old Republic, which is pretty good if you are into Star Wars. Zoo Tycoon is fun, especially if you have kids in the house. My wife's neice, who is 2, just sits and watches the animals for an hour at a time sometimes. Rollercoaster Tycoon is also pretty good if you like those type of games. Morrowind is good, though after playing EQ2 for too-many-hours over the course of the week, I have not been playing much fantasy single-player games of late.

Quake 4.......Take place right after Quake 2.....Single Player and Multiplayer.

Very Soon!

T2X for Thief 2... Stand alone fan made expansion pack....blackjacking fun! :)

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Thievery...multiplayer Thief using the Unreal Tournement Engine!

http://www.thieveryut.com/

If you want to try AOE III, the PC Gamer has the demo on this months CD.

I just picked up Dungeon Siege II and Expansion....pretty neat...still getting used to the camera movement.

:logo:

Morrowind is good, though after playing EQ2 for too-many-hours over the course of the week, I have not been playing much fantasy single-player games of late.

Same here. Played EQ for about a year then EQ2 for almost a year then got burnt out on it. Takes too much time still. I did like it better than EQ, though. I think after 40+ it just got too hard to jump on for a couple of hours and get anything done.

Thanks, Grim. Almost got Half-Life 2 but got Joint Ops instead. Think I will try HL2 now that I know it is good.

I do like Age of Empires, Warcraft III, etc. but for some reason, I am not very good at those types of games. Maybe I just need more practice. I always seem to pick the wrong thing to concentrate on, then get wiped :cry:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I Play a game called World War II Online, you can check it out here... www.wwiionline.com

(Screenshot and vids)http://www.wwiionline.com/scripts/wwiionline/media.jsp

It has been around for about 5 years now almost, and it keeps getting better and better IMO. You can drive tanks, scout vehicles, and boats, and man aaa/flak guns at atgs(anti tank guns) There are even paratroopers so you can be crazy and jump out of planes hehe

Each side has numerous planes and bombers, but the best part of the game i think is the INFANTRY play. Anyway i think they are still doing the free week trail thing so you can DL and check it out, there is a offline but its for testing stuff and getting familiar with everything.

P.S. This game needs a fast CPU(2.5ghz at least), Video Card and at least (imo) 1Gig of Ram, the more the merrier.

Oh and if you try the game out and like it, and play the axis side ...join us the 31st Wrecking Crew , our motto "We'll Make You Famous!" :)

www.31stwc.com

S!

3.2 Ghz and 2 Gig Ram. Game sounds awesome. I really enjoy Joint Ops. My favorite is jumping from the copters into the water and sniping at the enemy base. Have never had a game with paratroopers, though, so I will give it a try! Was part of a clan for a while in Joint Ops.

Also, anyone that does game a lot... Just got new video card a couple months ago and am loving it! ATI All-in-Wonder 800 XT. Was able to play EQ2 in "Extreme Performance" with hardly a hitch. The towns still got a little choppy, but I wasn't complaining. Does a lot of extra stuff, as well. (Editing home movies, watching TV from your computer, etc.)

I Play a game called World War II Online, you can check it out here... www.wwiionline.com

(Screenshot and vids)http://www.wwiionline.com/scripts/wwiionline/media.jsp

It has been around for about 5 years now almost, and it keeps getting better and better IMO. You can drive tanks, scout vehicles, and boats, and man aaa/flak guns at atgs(anti tank guns) There are even paratroopers so you can be crazy and jump out of planes hehe

Each side has numerous planes and bombers, but the best part of the game i think is the INFANTRY play. Anyway i think they are still doing the free week trail thing so you can DL and check it out, there is a offline but its for testing stuff and getting familiar with everything.

P.S. This game needs a fast CPU(2.5ghz at least), Video Card and at least (imo) 1Gig of Ram, the more the merrier.

Oh and if you try the game out and like it, and play the axis side ...join us the 31st Wrecking Crew , our motto "We'll Make You Famous!" :)

www.31stwc.com

S!

I actually picked that one up when it first came out, and, unfortunatly, at that time it was a good idea but a mess (like AO). Have they gotten it straightened out? If so, I may have to try it out again.

Rome: Total War

that game just flat out owns, the battle system is insanely good. I mean, as far as the AOE series is, its good, just not as realistic. Rome is very close to historical realness, and its gameplay is just as good. They just released the expansion pack, that should be good.

Diablo II Lord Of Destruction (VERY addicting; worse than crack :D)
o god terrible. I remember when it first came out, I would do the same thing all damn day, just run around the last level holding the mouse button down. :doh:

I used to play UO too....ugghhh

Had to cut out the computer games, they're seriously online crack:

"Hey man we got a game going lets go ball up."

"uhhh I got homework to do."

"Yea right, homework my ass, I can hear you typing and clicking." :paranoid:

:laugh:

I always post about Shadowbane, the game I have been playing for 2.5 years, when folks ask about the game. You can see athis Shadowbane video, done by this fellow named Bofis that always has entertaining videos: http://www.empiremod.net/nunit18.wmv

Shadowbane also has a free trial: www.shadowbane.com

Be forewarned: it is a PvP-based game. It can be ruthless at times, but it is a lot of fun, especially if you find a good guild or nation to join.

I actually picked that one up when it first came out, and, unfortunatly, at that time it was a good idea but a mess (like AO). Have they gotten it straightened out? If so, I may have to try it out again.

For the most part , yes. Of course there are some little things that need work but then again EVERY game after a patch ... new bugs pop up, its the nature of online games :)

And yes it was a mess when it first came out i agree.

The graphics arent the best still compared to games like Far Cry or all the new generation WWII games like Call Of Duty, but are much better than the release for sure.

Battlefield 2. I'm absolutely addicted to this game. When you play on-line on official "Ranked" servers it keeps track of your stats. You start out as a private, and work your way up from there. And it also ranks you globally. Last time I checked I was 170,000 or something out of 1.1 million. You also earn medals, ribbons and awards for different things (# of kills in 1 game, # of people healed in 1 game, etc)

With these stats you can actually see how much time people play. I figured out the person who is #1 in the world plays an AVERAGE of 9 hours a day...What a loser.

These are my stats:

sig.png

sig5.png

sig3.png

awards.jpg

Archived