Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I've talked alot of trash this week...

In-com-plete

I've talked enough trash this week to really piss a Skin off. But I'll admit that the Skins played a hell of a game. They ran the ball all over our D. Threw all over the place. Held Plummer to under a hundered yards. And held the running game in check (except for Bells two TDs). They also blocked a Saurbraun punt. That's the first time he's ever had a punt blocked in the regular season.

I figured this game was going to be a cake walk, but the Skins are a ton better than I thought. They may have lost, but should earn some respect from that game.

I've talked enough trash this week to really piss a Skin off. But I'll admit that the Skins played a hell of a game. They ran the ball all over our D. Threw all over the place. Held Plummer to under a hundered yards. And held the running game in check (except for Bells two TDs). They also blocked a Saurbraun punt. That's the first time he's ever had a punt blocked in the regular season.

I figured this game was going to be a cake walk, but the Skins are a ton better than I thought. They may have lost, but should earn some respect from that game.

Yep...that was our game for the taking, but mental mistakes blew it for us. The two long TD runs by Bell and the false start on the field goal KILLED us. Plummer didn't really do anything...he didn't play bad but he didn't play good either. Neither team got any QB pressure, which is a major concern on this side.

I really hoped Portis would score on you guys, but he did get 5 yards per carry and 100 yards. A TD would have sweetened the deal for sure. Also he had that one huge run called back on a holding (another bonehead penalty). The Broncs still almost gave the game away with all their penalties on our final drive. They had us stopped twice, and both times a penalty kept the drive going. But Gold made a real nice play on the 2pt conversion to save the game. I kind of thought Brunell had a shot at running it in, but Wilson (I think) was closing fast, and might have gotten there first. I think running it would have still been the better option.

Mostly, I think we should have gone for it on 4th and 4, when we kicked the field goal. F-that, this was a statement game, and we should have gone for it, in my opinion. Besides the 2 TD runs, the defense was handling you guys. And our defense is notorious for playing well in the clutch (except for last week). Its wierd to blame a loss on the defense...definitely not the norm around here.

I appreciate your class with this post, I hope your fellow Bronco fans feel the same way...that the skins are not what they used to be.

:shhh: Mediots might be listening. We'll just keep this a secret....

Thanks for that, Incomplete. It means a lot especially coming from a Bronco trash-talker. :D Good luck the rest of the season.

Thx for props man. And 18-2 in the last 20 games at Mile High is pretty impressive.

:laugh: Great avatar though.

12 points removed by the refs albeit we still scored on one of the possessions..yep Skins are better than you thought..

I'm not complaining we still had a chance to tie it up and didn't..

good win for Bronco fans...

Thanks In-com-plete for showing some respect and not just rubbing our noses in it. Congrats on the win. Nice D and the usual strong running game. You guys should do well the rest of the way.

It's nice to see the same reaction from the opposing team's fans for the fourth straight week. "Dang, the Skins are better than I thought."

After reading some articles this morning, I think it's funny that when you guys were 3-0 you got zero respect. Actually it's probably negative respect because everyone (including me) was bashing you. But now you go to Denver and lose, but get respect from practically everyone.

The respect you guys get is much deserved. You have a good team. A team that showed they can win the close games. A team that showed they can move the ball through the air or on the ground. A team that showed they can stop opposing offenses. But most importantly a team that can do what it takes when they need to do it.

3-0 = 0 respect

3-1 = Much respect

Nice posts incomplete, but I'd respect you more if you just came out and admitted that your team got outplayed and were very lucky to win. Bad calls were going both ways, probably due to weather, but the Skins had 9 points taken off the board, and the Broncos got 7 points for free on the non call block in the back on Bell's big run. I'm not bitter, sometimes you get the breaks sometimes you don't, but the Skins were the better team on the field and Bronco fans should be thankful for the gift.

After reading some articles this morning, I think it's funny that when you guys were 3-0 you got zero respect. Actually it's probably negative respect because everyone (including me) was bashing you. But now you go to Denver and lose, but get respect from practically everyone.

The respect you guys get is much deserved. You have a good team. A team that showed they can win the close games. A team that showed they can move the ball through the air or on the ground. A team that showed they can stop opposing offenses. But most importantly a team that can do what it takes when they need to do it.

3-0 = 0 respect

3-1 = Much respect

You know, I was thinking the same thing. How ironic. Glad people's eyes are opened and that your team was the team that brought the respect. I never disliked the Broncos nor the fans, and still don't. :)

Archived