Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 on bench in 4th?

gonefishing

We only have so many game changers on our Defense with Arrington and Taylor being on the top of that list. I know Arrington has been sitting out but we have to find a way to get him on the field. People have forgotten how much of a force he can be if he's playing. His situation needs to be figured out soon.

Sooner or Later we're going to get burned in these close games and we're also going to play MUCH tougher teams (starting with road games against Denver and Kansas City in the next two weeks). We will not continue to win games if the defense doesn't get takeaways. That's why Sean Taylor AND Lavar Arrington both need to be out there.

I'm trying to nitpick at these flaws just after a big win, but these are problems that need to be fixed. Because this defense is so good, it needs to start making its presence felt more, IMO.

I think it is time for the reversal of fortune. How many games in the past 3 years have we lost by 3-6 points? To many to name. It is now are time to win those because we are now accomplishing on both sides of the ball.

I did not like the D in the second half though. They seemed a bit stagnant. It was nice we could rely on our Offense. We have not been able to say that for awhile.

Sean

Sooner or Later we're going to get burned in these close games and we're also going to play MUCH tougher teams (starting with road games against Denver and Kansas City in the next two weeks). We will not continue to win games if the defense doesn't get takeaways. That's why Sean Taylor AND Lavar Arrington both need to be out there.

I'm trying to nitpick at these flaws just after a big win, but these are problems that need to be fixed. Because this defense is so good, it needs to start making its presence felt more, IMO.

I disagree. This is an instance of the "cult of personality" that has pervaded amongst fans. It's not about the "individual" and the "talent"... it's about playing your assignments, not freelancing, and not biting on fakes. As "talented" as Lavar and Sean Taylor are, Lavar in particular tries so hard to make plays that he takes himself out of the scheme and ultimately hurts the team. This has become plainly obvious from his benching (IMO, he's being benched) by a defensive mastermind. Once Lavar accepts his role, he can a force to be reckoned with. Until then, let's let Williams do his job--- he deserves as much considering the product he's put on the field for the last 20 games.

I don't really care who was on the bench. It's pretty obvious the coaching staff just wants people who fit/buy into their system. So far we are 3-0 going that route, so I'm giong to trust that!

That's not going to cut it anymore. We have gotten lucky. It is time to put our best foot forward and one of the toes on that foot is Sean Taylor. I watched him closely all game. I believe he was hurt in the Chicago game but he is tough as nails. He played up until that last drive by the Seahawks. Prior to that he was in on the punt return with Santana Moss. He was hesitant all day and didn't really stick his nose into the play. He was also hesitant with several open field tackles.

If they are healthy and suited up you have to put LA and ST in the game. I said it in another post and I will say it here as well, The defense took major steps in reverse today and the offense won this game for us.

I disagree. This is an instance of the "cult of personality" that has pervaded amongst fans. It's not about the "individual" and the "talent"... it's about playing your assignments, not freelancing, and not biting on fakes. As "talented" as Lavar and Sean Taylor are, Lavar in particular tries so hard to make plays that he takes himself out of the scheme and ultimately hurts the team. This has become plainly obvious from his benching (IMO, he's being benched) by a defensive mastermind. Once Lavar accepts his role, he can a force to be reckoned with. Until then, let's let Williams do his job--- he deserves as much considering the product he's put on the field for the last 20 games.

Lavar may have made bad decisions in the past. How many bad decisions has he made this year? None right. How do you know unless you play him. We pay him so much and he has proved valuable in the past. You have to put your best players on the field in the NFL. That is how we are going to go 10-6, 11-5. If Arrington doesn't play this year we will not be giving ourselves the best chance to win ballgames.

chiefhogskin is all over this one.

Sean Taylor is an amazing athlete. And, like a lot of you, I believe he's got the potential to be the best safety we've ever had.

That being said, the kid is still learning. He's super aggressive, which actually works against him sometimes. He looks for the big play a lot of times, instead of looking for the SURE play. In some situations, the coaches are probably more comfortable with a guy who won't make a highlight reel hit, but will make the solid play.

Please don't crucify me as a Sean Taylor hater. I love the kid. But right now he's making up for his mistakes with his athleticism. In the near future, he won't be making the mental mistakes, and he'll still be bringing it physically. When that happens, he'll be as good or better than any safety in the league.

Oh...and he does have an injured shoulder, and I respect the hell out of him for playing. Especially being the hitter he is.

You'd think all the money and practice they get the would be 'fitting' into the scheme now. I'm mean, they are pro's... they should be able to do as they are told. I hated it when we let Antonio Pierce go and then saw the hype around Lavar when all he had was 1 sack in a season. And then he's had 2 tackles in 3 games. We should have let him warm someone elses bench. But then, he'd be all fired up and making the plays wouldn't he, just to prove something. I hate that.

He's got the money, not MAKE THE PLAYS!!!

Biatch!

Archived