Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which RB poses the most threat to the Skins

SeanTaylorsDefense

LT. The Chargers are good at finding ways to get him the ball in open space. Westbrook does the same thing but has no where near the individual talent. Stopping LT means that the firt man to hit him must make the tackle or slow him and that isn't the easiest thing to do when you are talking about a guy with his talent.

I say Alexander, because his team can stretch the field vertically. The Redskins do a goods job of shutting down a RB when he is the focal point of a team's offense. Seattle has a good QB with good receivers (altough they have trouble completing catches, you have to respect their ability to get open down the field).

Priest Holmes is also in a dynamic ofense, but injuries appear to have slowed him down.

Tiki Barber is as much of a threat as Eli Manning allows him to be. Manning certainly looks improved, but it's still his second year.

Westbrook is a good back who gets his yards against us, but he's not as good as Tomlinson or Alexander.

Cadillac is pretty much the Buccaneers entire offense. I don't see him doing much against us.

Tomlinson is the best back in the NFL, but I don't think the Chargers offense is as dynamic as Seattle's. Their tight end is their best receiver.

Steven Jackson is overrated, IMO. The 49ers shut him down...

I'd say our biggest problem would be a pounder whose offensive line can move the los out a yard or two. Our chief ability on defense is the fact we tackle when we get the opportunity, you get a line that can keep us from getting to the back until he's already got a yard or two and a back who can fall forward for another yard or two, and you got a recepie for beating our defense. Of course, you've got to get to q4 and be shutting down our run game (and maybe come up with a few big-plays of your own).

I'm not worried about numbers like 15-100 as much as 30-90. In most cases, 15-100 would mean a few long runs but the opponent never got a solid lead so had to abandon the run game. 30-90 means they probably got a comfortable lead and could afford to keep running even though they really didn't have success.

RBs that base most of their game on smashmouth style running will have a much harder time. But backs that can hurt us in multiple ways, especially those than can catch, will be much more effective - our linebackers are more susceptible in coverage. LT, Tiki, and Westbrook will hurt us the most... but probably still not very much. Any team that beats us will most likely have to beat us through the air.

tiki is sorry.. he just got a lucky breakout last yr.. thats it..sure he ran game on us w/o gregg williams.. but how much yrds did he get against us last season.. not much.. westbrook and lt is pretty close... i would say westbrook like many others. we play him twice... and philly offense is much better makes them more of a threat for the skins...

RBs that base most of their game on smashmouth style running will have a much harder time. But backs that can hurt us in multiple ways, especially those than can catch, will be much more effective - our linebackers are more susceptible in coverage. LT, Tiki, and Westbrook will hurt us the most... but probably still not very much. Any team that beats us will most likely have to beat us through the air.

I guess I disagree. The backs that have had the most success against us are what I consider smash-mouth (Bettis and Lewis). As RB Tiki and Westbrook were shutdown.

Shaun Alexander - Seahawks play awful on the road. Factor in the 3 hour time change, I'm not that worried about him.

Priest Holmes - Home game in KC. Should be interesting.

Tiki Barber - What happened to FumbleMan?

Brian Westbrook - Isn't he a receiver?

Cadillac Williams - As said earlier - He's Gruden's entire Offense.

Ladainian Tomlinson - Same 3 hour time difference as Alexander. Could get interesting as well.

Cadillac or LT

Williams is in the hall of fame after only three games, but he needs to show consistancy. Lt has shown consistancy and is amazing.

THey change losing games to winning ones for their team.

SO.. right now I say LT because hes proven, but if cadillac stays consistant...

Also I hope thats eagle fans voting for westbrook. No one on the redskins defence is threatined by him.

Also I hope thats eagle fans voting for westbrook. No one on the redskins defence is threatined by him.

While I respected your ideas about Williams and LT, this right here cracked me up. No single player in the NFL can honestly match-up with Westbrook one on one. He is a player that you have to scheme to stop, yet you say no one on the Skins is concerned by him. So my question is, "In space, can Lavar and/Sean cover, stay with, and tackle the slippery Westbrook?"

I ask because Westbrook has broken many ankles and made many people miss, with this being stated, the two walking highlights I have mentioned do their best work on a still target and not in space. Westbrook's juking and hesitation moves (a la McNabb's Dead Leg move) can fake out anyone. So could Lavar and Sean get a clean shot on him, or will they miss him?

Just a question that I would like to hear a realistic and rational answer to thats all.

BY the numbers, LT is head and shoulders above Westbrook.

Westbrooks numbers

Rushing

2002 46 193 4.2

2003 117 613 5.2

2004 177 812 4.6

Receiving

Year No. yds

2002 9 86

2003 37 332

2004 73 703

LT

Rushing