Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey to Arizona or Jets (Merged)

gixxer998

"Several league sources told ESPN.com that the Jets have inquired about the availability of former Washington starter Patrick Ramsey, demoted two weeks ago, but were told by the Redskins they will not trade him. League sources also confirmed Tuesday morning that the Jets have had no discussions with Tennessee about the possibility of trading for Titans backup Billy Volek, widely viewed as one of the top No. 2 quarterbacks in the league. Volek played under Heimerdinger in Tennessee and knows the offense well."

My opinion remains the same. If we are not going to start Patrick we should let him go for whatever we can get. It doesn't matter if it is a late rounder b/c it's obvious Gibbs will never allow him to be the starter, so give the kid what he wants.....a chance to go somewhere a prove he can or cannot be a starter. There are plenty of QBs we can get to use as backups. If I were Ramsey I would be making a lot of noise to get this done.

Jets | Inquire about Ramsey

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:15:40 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the New York Jets inquired about the availability of Washington Redskins backup QB Patrick Ramsey. However, they were told he is not available.

Our FO strikes again!!! Somebody go out to Redskins park and run over Vinny and the rest of those knuckleheads!!!

wow, this is rediculous. Gibbs trading a quality back up to Brunell... Yah that'll happen.

Do you honestly believe that PR will be traded and Gibbs will have a rookie to back up Brunell? Seriously?

No, I think Ramsey will be traded, and we will pick up through free agency a Kitna or some other elderly/servicable QB and buy young Campbell some time. We should unload Ramsey now while he still has some worth.

My opinion remains the same. If we are not going to start Patrick we should let him go for whatever we can get. It doesn't matter if it is a late rounder b/c it's obvious Gibbs will never allow him to be the starter, so give the kid what he wants.....a chance to go somewhere a prove he can or cannot be a starter. There are plenty of QBs we can get to use as backups. If I were Ramsey I would be making a lot of noise to get this done.

Why? So we can create the same situation that the Jets are in if Brunell gets hurt? That is just stupidity. The Jets situation is exactly why a trade would not be considered at all during the season. You can't just go out and get a back up QB, it takes time for them to learn the system etc. If we traded Ramsey and got some random back up with no knowlege of Gibbs system they wouldn't even get the terminology down for a couple of weeks. Seriously, let's think before we spout off these wonderful ideas.

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the New York Jets inquired about the availability of Washington Redskins backup QB Patrick Ramsey. However, they were told he is not available.

Our FO strikes again!!! Somebody go out to Redskins park and run over Vinny and the rest of those knuckleheads!!!

Why? Because we'd like to keep a veteran to back up our old QB?

Agreed. Why would we hang on to him? They must not be offering enough.

I don't know... maybe because all it takes is one hit to Brunell and we're starting a Rookie QB? Coach Gibbs won't get rid of a QB who knows the system during the season, even if he doesn't like him. I think he'll be traded after the season, though.

I for one think this is the smart choice. We need to have a capable back up in the event that Brunell gets hurt. I think the FO is making the right move, we can deal Ramsey in the off season. What could we have realistaclly gotten for Ramsey to make this deal doable? We certainly wouldnt recoup a first or second round pick.

Ahhh, this thread just shows why coaches coach, mediots write, and fans write their opinions on message boards. Yeah, let's let Ramsey go because he's no longer the starter. Jason Campbell is obviously ready to play :rolleyes: . Are some of you already giving up on the season? I know we're ONLY 2-0, but I don't think there's cause to throw in the towel yet :laugh:

It is why I don't participlate in the "Trade Ramsey" threads. Some people just don't get it.

In the NFL, you usually need two QBs who can play, since QBs can go down at any time.

If you don't have a good backup, it could end your season quickly. Look at the Bears, who have no choice but to start a rookie because they couldn't get a veteran to sign in the offseason.

If Ramsey is going to be traded at some point, it won't be until after the season. Get used to that.

Jason

I would rather get our new back up sooner then later, and release Ramsey while we still can get a premium for him. Who is to say Brunell will get hurt? Is impossable that our O-line Keeps him healthy enough for our new back up to atleast grasp the offense? Kitna would be a good replacement for our team. I understand that only having two QB's would be a concern, but it isnt the end of the world, and there is a lot of what if scenario's. My worry is that we will hold on to Ramsey too long, like after the draft when there is an overflow of able bodied QB's available and we wont get squat for him, and right now we are getting pretty darn good offers from teams like the Jets, and with Kurt Warner going down, Arizona is probably going to start asking. Buffalo's Qb and Baltimores QB are garbage. If we unload him now when the need is dire, we will get more. I guess thats my big worry. Other then that, he can ride Pine and study for the rest of the year...... we are just sooo anemic with draft picks.

I would rather get our new back up sooner then later, and release Ramsey while we still can get a premium for him. Who is to say Brunell will get hurt? Is impossable that our O-line Keeps him healthy enough for our new back up to atleast grasp the offense? Kitna would be a good replacement for our team. I understand that only having two QB's would be a concern, but it isnt the end of the world, and there is a lot of what if scenario's. My worry is that we will hold on to Ramsey too long, like after the draft when there is an overflow of able bodied QB's available and we wont get squat for him, and right now we are getting pretty darn good offers from teams like the Jets, and with Kurt Warner going down, Arizona is probably going to start asking. Buffalo's Qb and Baltimores QB are garbage. If we unload him now when the need is dire, we will get more. I guess thats my big worry. Other then that, he can ride Pine and study for the rest of the year...... we are just sooo anemic with draft picks.

We are getting pretty good offers? Please enlighten us as to what they are ;)

We don't know what the specifics that were involved in conversations with the Jets. and as for our front office knuckleheads, they have us at 2-0 right now, so in my book they are doing something right.

We are getting pretty good offers? Please enlighten us as to what they are ;)

You got me... Im speculating, :doh: Mort said the Jets had already been knocking, and I can only assume is a desperate situation, they would put up a nice offer. Again, I would rather have a decent to nice draft pick for him now and take the gamble. You're right though, Im not sure of the exact offer. :D

The skins told the Jets that Ramsey wont be traded, so hes not going anywheres.

However, the thing your neglecting is that the Jets situation isnt because they dont have a backup quarterback, but that both quarterbacks went out for the season within 15 minutes of each other. Jay Fiedler and Pennington are both gone for a long time and we are down to the third stringer. I see the Jets running a very much Pittsburgh strategy for the rest of the year, 30+ rushes between Curtis Martin and Derrick Blaylock and hoping Bollinger doesnt turn the ball over. As long as he doesnt make costly mistakes the Jets can win with him, even if he isnt very good.

The skins told the Jets that Ramsey wont be traded, so hes not going anywheres.

However, the thing your neglecting is that the Jets situation isnt because they dont have a backup quarterback, but that both quarterbacks went out for the season within 15 minutes of each other. Jay Fiedler and Pennington are both gone for a long time and we are down to the third stringer. I see the Jets running a very much Pittsburgh strategy for the rest of the year, 30+ rushes between Curtis Martin and Derrick Blaylock and hoping Bollinger doesnt turn the ball over. As long as he doesnt make costly mistakes the Jets can win with him, even if he isnt very good.

I just read on ESPN that you re-signed Vinny.

Archived