Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey to Arizona or Jets (Merged)

gixxer998

Jets are in free fall. Heimerdinger's O requires a QB who can go downfield. Not acceptable to have a building year in NY. And we have a trading history with the Jets . . . .

:laugh:

But seriously, the Jets are in a desperate situation, and Ramsey's out in DC. I love the kid, but it's not realistic to expect him to remain a Redskin. Take the opportunity and get a pick. Or still better, hold out for John Abraham. THAT would be lovely.

Arizona would be nice for him. He's got 2 good wr's and with time he can help them. Patrick needs to use his qb clock better, Meaning, once your primary and secondary covered, get rid of the damn ball. So many times when the O line holds up and the def gets a coverage sack. Thats my only fault with Ramsey.

The bottom line is that someone would have to offer something that was too good to refuse for Ramsey to be traded. It would have to be an offer so over the top that the league would laugh at the other team for years. It woud have to rank up there with the Walker to MN trade and the full draft for Williams trade between NO and Wash for Gibbs to go for it..

This just isn't going to happen I don't think.

I don't see Ramsey traded this season unless it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to get something of huge value. In the offseason I could see it being a sign-and-trade type deal for Abraham and whatever else either side wants to include. Champ should have been a heads up trade for Portis but we added too much just to make sure we got him. Maybe the Jets are that desperate of a team right now and will throw away Abraham this season for PR. Both teams get their needs because I don't think its unbelievable to think that Campbell can do just as well if not better than Ramsey as a back up this year -- in Gibbs' eyes. He is definitely the future here so we need to get what we can for Ramsey, but not rip ourselves off either. :dallasuck

I have to ask why we would want Josh McCown?

Is there a better option in trading with them? We will obviously need another QB. McCown at least has some NFL starting experience under his belt. He is semi-mobile and has a decent arm.

Who is available as a free agent that has starting NFL experience that would be better? The answer to this question would determine if we would just go for draft picks or not.

It is all hypothetical anyways.

Wait, I know, let's trade Brunell for Warner! :laugh: :handicap: :laugh:

Haha, we probably shoulda waited and got Warner instead of signing Brunell anyway. It seems to me that if we traded with Arizona that it would be after the season unless we can steal their first round pick for next years draft (lol to that idea).

Personally I think Ramsey will be here for this season no matter what because Gibbs does not want an inexperienced back up. Also, if/when we trade Ramsey, for some reason I don't think another QB will be involved because we can always use a really late draft pick on a 3rd stringer next season with Brunell and Campbell being here long-term. I know it was only one game this year but Brunell will be just fine this season. He is a different QB this season and not a rookie in the system...plus he is healthy.

The only way the Cardinals move would work in season is if we got one of the QBs in return. I would have to look something like this:

Cards gets:

Ramsey

Washington gets:

Josh McCown

4th or 5th round pick

Josh McCown? How about we get young WR Bryant Johnson. He is only in his third year and could blossom into a great receiver. They don't need him as much with Larry and Anquan but we could use the depth at WR. Patten is getting older and Jacobs is fragile. Johnson could emerge as our #2 next to Moss. He was a second round(?) pick out of Penn State.

And maybe a draft pick......:fingersx:

Archived