Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick Who?

Renegade7

I saw this guy standing next to Gibbs during the dallas game the other night. He had a #11 jersey, kinda skinny. I thought he was a QB, but I wasn't sure. Anyone know who that guy is?

Face it. Gibbs was right, and the Ramsey wagon needs to offically die. I told ya'll at the top of my lungs to stop doubting Gibbs, and I was deemed crazy. Look, I personally don't care who Gibbs puts in there. If Ramsey had won the game I would've knocked over ever chair in the dinning room running around screaming just the same. But Gibbs chose Brunell, Brunell beat Dallas, and again, everything is right with the universe. Feels good, don't it?

*C'mon, admit it. How many people talked non-stop trash on Tuesday? If we were luckly like that every game, I'd die a happy man. :laugh:

:point2sky

And, you had to add one more QB thread to the many posted already. You had to throw more fuel to the burning fire?

Why is there even a fire???? We should all be Mark, Patrick, Joe fans, etc...

We should all be fans of the team the Redskins not individual players. How can you not root for a player on your favorite team. I have never understood that, yes I though Mark should have been the starter from the results of the preseaon, but have nothing against Ramsey. I just want to win, and we won in dallas. :cheers:

Brunnell had a game about like he did last year in Dallas. Actually, he had a better game last year but our defense didnt have as good of a game. While Brunnell isnt very good, he still capable of playing a little every once in a while. If he can string a few of them together then maybe he has found the fountain of youth and resurected his career. Right now, out of about 100 minutes of football, he's really only played 4 worth mentioning.

Why is there even a fire???? We should all be Mark, Patrick, Joe fans, etc...

We should all be fans of the team the Redskins not individual players. How can you not root for a player on your favorite team. I have never understood that, yes I though Mark should have been the starter from the results of the preseaon, but have nothing against Ramsey. I just want to win, and we won in dallas. :cheers:

What did you just say?

Are we really supposed to be thoroughly impressed by the fact that Brunell put up 14 points against an average defense at the end of the game after throwing 25+ 3 yarders up to that point causing the running game to be shut down again?

If our defense wasn't good enough to keep us in the game despite no offense, 2 turnovers, bad field position, and a bunch of penalties then we aren't even in that game in the 4th. It easily could have been 27-0 at that point with a lesser defense.

I saw this guy standing next to Gibbs during the dallas game the other night. He had a #11 jersey, kinda skinny. I thought he was a QB, but I wasn't sure. Anyone know who that guy is?

Face it. Gibbs was right, and the Ramsey wagon needs to offically die. I told ya'll at the top of my lungs to stop doubting Gibbs, and I was deemed crazy. Look, I personally don't care who Gibbs puts in there. If Ramsey had won the game I would've knocked over ever chair in the dinning room running around screaming just the same. But Gibbs chose Brunell, Brunell beat Dallas, and again, everything is right with the universe. Feels good, don't it?

*C'mon, admit it. How many people talked non-stop trash on Tuesday? If we were luckly like that every game, I'd die a happy man. :laugh:

Your pretty classy..

Not

And what I don't understand is why all of the anti-Ramsey fans feel like they need to go on this campaign. Up until the very end, it looked very much like they were the ones who would have to eat crow. Then at the end Brunell did something that made every Redskins fan proud.

But taken as a whole, its impossible to draw any real conclusions from the performance Monday. Was anyone thrilled with what Brunell showed in the first 3.5 quarters? Is hitting Moss with bombs something he will be able to do regularly from now on, or will it be back to the same old same old? Its too early to tell.

Then again given the source of this thread, irrationality was to be expected...

I like Brunell...he's a class act. But I can't shake those throws in the 1st half. They were horrible. Yes, he won the game, and it was mostly HIM that pulled it off, BUT...Moss still had to catch em, and the defense still had to Rock-n-roll. Brunell's performance certainly has validated Gibbs's decision, but if we had lost a DIFFERENT STORY. That's how so touchy the NFL is...since victories and games are decided by small margins lately, Gibbs is careful and wants a proven guy who will limit the mistakes in crucial situations--something Patrick's rap sheet can't lay claim to. And I like Patrick as well, another glassy guy. I'm comfortable with him on the team, and even playing. But, the football gods have spoken, and for now the Redskins' success hinges on Brunell playing well and staying healthy. Because NFL amnesia is rampant, if Brunell sucks against Seattle, then the critics will abound once again. Again, the 'Skins need consistent play from their QB, and let's hope Brunell provides that..

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the 'Skins are the second lowest scoring team in the NFC, and 29th in scoring overall. They're also 25th in Takeaway-giveawat ratio. EVENTUALLY, if those stats don't start migrating to better numbers, the team is still doomed in the long run. But for now, the run is glorious...Let's show the NFL some new found confidence by beating Seattle thoroughly...can they do it?

I HOPE SO.

Fred S.

I agree with you at every point that it doesnt matter who is playing we need to support them. Let me say this I am a Ramsey supporter and still thinkwe could have won the game with him, maybe not in the same fashion, I just thinkn he bringssomething different to the table, especiallly with 2 super fast recievers.

As for Brunell, he pulled two of the greatest passes I have ever seen out of his ass, other wise he played a horrible below average game against a tough defense. What I am hoping comes out of this is, (1). teams realize we can and will throw the ball deep on them (2) the middle of the field opens up and we can complete passes over the middle (3) our running game improves because teams are worried about Moss burning them deep, so they play off in an effort to give themselves a head start.

Archived