Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lavar Threads - Merged

englitdaudelin

There was a thread last night about this. Some people said they saw him tackle Jones in the first quarter and pass rush Bledsoe. I personally didn't see this. But noone said they saw him after that. Some people were also saying he simply wasn't a part of the packages GW was using but I don't really buy that. I am honestly becoming impatient with this issue. Us Redskins fans are very loyal for sticking with Lavar because most other teams would have the "what have you done for me lately" attitude. I hope that he can go out there and earn all that money their paying him eventually. The last one and a half seasons our highest paid player has been a second stringer.

Noone can deny it now!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I'm sorry, I don't buy that they're bringing him along this slowly. If that was the case they would of just deactivated him like they did Jacobs for the first game.

There is something underlying that we're missing here with Arrington. Either he's not fully healthy like we are led to believe, or he's just not in shape. But I'd like to know what the scoop is why we're not using one of our most talented players on our team.

I personally don't care. He'll play when he's physically able AND Williams wants him on the field. Our defense plays so many different guys that it really doesn't matter when certain guys are in there.

I think it's important for Griffin, Washington, Springs, and Taylor to be out there a lot, but other than that, they're all interchangeable in my opinion.

I think it was about packages. Lavar still is in very few packages. They had him on blitzing packages against Chicago, but Orton began having success peppering the field when the skins did so. The Skins didn't really blitz Bledsoe all that much, thus he wasn't in too many packages. I too think he'll be back after the bye.

I watched the broadcast and listened to Sonny and Sam. A few times I switched back to the ABC audio. I heard Sam say that the Redskins went to a different package midway through the game and that Lavar wouldn't be in it. Too bad really. How can you keep a playmaker off of the field? I can think of one time they blized him up the middle and he immediately shed the block and pressured Bledsoe. As sweet as this win is, you'd all have to admit there was no real pressure on Bledsoe until the last series.

The playmaker was on the field - his name was Marcus Washington.

Arrington has been reduced to a role player. Look for him to be released after next June 1st.

I hope not, I love LaVar. I'm hoping the coaches just want to get his attention, for the stuff he said in the offseason - it's good coaching. Let him know the defense can live without him if needs be. But I think LaVar will come through for us, he has been with us through thick & thin. I want LaVar on the Redskins.

---------------------------------------------------------

***The cure: 56, 24, 60, 53, 26, 77, 76, 96, 97, 10, 19***

***Looking good: 21, 47, 95, 93, 41, 98***

***Don't know: 22, 61, 80, 89***

***Wondering: 66, 88, 8, 11***

***The desease: A.Brown - gone! R.Gardner - gone!

Archived