Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lavar Threads - Merged

englitdaudelin

Nope. People say he was in "a lot" but im like F#$% that, he just didnt make any plays for us.

EXCUSE ME LITTLE BOY.

I WAS THERE........sitting directly behind the Redskin bench on the second row.

He WAS in the game.

Now, you can apologize for speaking when you should have listened.

Blondie

I muted my TV when Michael, Emmitt, and Troy went on and on... Sonny on the Radio said that the Skins were playin a lot of four down lineman and when that happens Lavar doen not play in that scheme of defense... I dont know why they did that cause no one was getting to Drew... But hey "Hail to the Skins" we pulled it out

EXCUSE ME LITTLE BOY.

I WAS THERE........sitting directly behind the Redskin bench on the second row.

He WAS in the game.

Now, you can apologize for speaking when you should have listened.

Blondie

Blondie, how many plays do you think LaVar was in last night? Because I every defensive play I was looking for him and didn't spot him in either the LB position or as a down lineman.

Yea, you might of been in the second row but how do we know how much moonshine you drank last night?? :chug: :D

My take on it is that SKins are being cautious throwing him in full time. He made the statement last season that the Skins rushed him back so I think they're bringing back slowly. He now has 2 more weeks for his knee to get even better. I think though Lavar being in the game coulda made a difference. :logo:

I don't think that Lavar is going anywhere. In the preseason when he had his set back he complained that he was being rushed to return. I would say that the argument that he is being brought back slowly makes the most sense. There is no way that Lavar would ever be cut. Maybe traded but I doubt that too.

hey guys i'm new at this posting stuff so if i offend someone i apologize in advance. i don't know what is going on with Lavar, but i hope that they get him out there soon. can you all imagine wht kind of defense we will have when he gets back to full speed.

I also noticed that Lavar was on the sidelines last night.... Please tell me he is not hurt again... Or is it that just holdman is playing better then him? Or is it just that he is still easing back into the swing of things?? Well please let me know....The anwser to one of the cheerleaders questions is that Deion piece of poo sanders was by far the most overated player and hated ... Thanks Eric... ....

P.s. Hail to the redskins Hail Victory,

Braves on the Warpath,

Fight for ole D.C................

I think this is Williams' way of saying..... "regardless of your talent and athleticism.... I need guys who know where to be and what their assignment is on every play.... and right now Warrick Holdman does that".

I think it's brilliant.... and will go along way towards resurrecting and lifting Arrington's play. He's going to know now that he's not guaranteed a starting spot and needs to know and execute his role or he'll be on the bench.

Here's what I could get down of the interview on 980:

When asked about going into Texas Stadium and winning: For 4 quarters, that place was unbelievable, out of control, a loud, hostile environment like it usually is. Then with the glamor [of the triplets], it was total pandemonium. To see how quickly the energy shot out of the top of Texas Stadium, it was gone, gone!, in an instant. It was a beautiful thing. :)

Favorite moment last night: I beat the Star with my helmet right after the game. In front of Bill Parcells.... I had my moment of winning in Texas Stadium. That's something I've dreamed about for years. That's gone for the year, unless we go back there for the playoffs. I've always enjoyed playing in Dallas. I've had some of the greatest moments in my career there. It's a big deal. I didn't want to talk about it during the week how much it meant to me. I'm one of the last of the Mohicans on this team...it meant a lot. :logo:

The water dumped on Joe Gibbs: It might have been a bit much, but it is a monkey off our back. But we're only in week 2, going into week 3 now. Gaining the confidence and swagger we needed. I wouldn't say that it was an impressive victory by any stretch of the imagination. [but] it was great for Coach Gibbs, being in his second year back to get that win.

Strategy: Know our opponent as best we can. Went in with the confidence [knowing that] we had a whole lot of studying, with an extra day of studying. ...Keep 'em off balance, be an aggressor at times.

Why the Cowboys didn't take more shots downfield: I dk, I'm not a coach. They have a great coaching staff. Parcells a coaching genius. But it was a downright, drag-it-out battle. With their defense and our offense, too. I dk why, I'm not a play caller. But things we did kept 'em off balance a little bit.

Only a 3-point game at halftime: Overcome games that are not great looking for the fans. Just keep grinding and grinding... A situation we've found ourselves in in the first two games. Just keep grinding and see what happens. We might have stumbled into something in our most desperate hour in terms of offense. Who's to say that might not be the way it is from here on out. It was exciting, I tell you that.

Healthwise: I'm getting stronger everyday. In terms of playing, I don't make the decisions. I just want to be a total team player. We're undefeated going into a bye week. I've had time to get stronger and stronger in terms of my legs. I fee like I can do some things to help the team, but that's not my call. The defensive coaches if they need me, they'll let me know. I'll do everything that's asked of me. You know how I am, the fans, all the people that know me, you know how I am...as a person. I'm not happy with sitting there watching all that excitement from the sidelines, not taking that many snaps. But more importantly we're winning. That means more to me than me getting more snaps. Playing time, how I'm being used, that's not my decision. I do what I can, made some things happen. When I get called on, I'll do my job.

When he was in the game/being out there at the start of the game: The personnel that are called for... The personnel group that I've been placed on, we were out there at the start, I'm out there with my personnel group. But I'm not gonna lie, I was happy as hell to be out there for the first play in Dallas. 'Scuse my language.

About the bye week: Thinking about things, what you can do differently, but as a winner. Hopefully we can reap the benefits, get some quality time off. I'm more concerned with us getting better, if that means practicing more or whatever, let's do it! I want to win.

The tackling was the sharpest I've seen. Do you specifically work on it at every practice? For example, Walt Harris did a great job: He made some big tackles on key downs on solid players, too. We're trying to build a strong sense of pride and accountability. Making it a premium to win. Making it a premium to win. Be the best we can be. Guys have bonded to that.

No. 21/Baby Clone: Sean, with his maturity level raisin' and understandin' what it is to play on this level risin' everyday, just becomes more and more dangerous to other teams. A player that can change a game at any time. Those are the type of people you want on your team. I haven't really had an opportunity to go hard with him. Excited to play with those qualities, that type of talent. He's come a long way, and he's still progressin'. I'm proud of him, taking the bull by the horns, his level of play as well as how he conducts himself.

The look on Marcus Washington's face when he had to come out of game: Marcus is a great guy. Another one I want to get on the field with. Can't single him out, it's a great bunch of guys. He brings so much to the table with him. I couldn't be happier with the group of guys, a stand-up group of guys.

Talk about the experience you and your wife had donating $200 shopping spree for Katrina evacuees in DC: Great. Great thing to be a part of. Something that far exceeds a game, a sport. Something that -- this is life. People are out of their homes, their way of life has been changed forever from hurricane Katrina. Me and Trish to be able to contribute to help bring back some normality to these people's lives, whatever we could have done, that was awesome, an awesome sight. I hadn't felt that proud -- very few times. Walkin' around with those individuals, I've rarely felt in my life, those emotions, that sense of pride. A proud individual that day. I'd do it anyway, but I'm really grateful for the blessings in my life as a whole. Whether it's good or bad, there's still a hidden blessing involved. In this case, it was a beautiful thing. They didn't look any different from any one of us walking down the street drivin' our car, not like victims. You and me! To be a part of helping, the look in their eyes coming up to you and thanking you. It was a very gratifying experience for me and my family.

Then they said they hope they can keep it going and that they'll talk to him again after a win over the Seahawks in two weeks.

:helmet:

Archived