Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lavar Threads - Merged

englitdaudelin

It's great to see LeVar think that way. But i wonder why coach williams hasn't used him in more packages. I mean holdman is good and all but Levar brings this thing to the table that is hard to find. I just get excited wondering how it would of been if our starting linebacker were levar, Pierce, and washington. But Greg is all about system and his system is the only thing that has been working since last year. So if he isn't using levar alot there is a reason. And Sean Taylor might become better than Ken Houston in a couple years. What a great hit on 3rd down. if it wasn't for that the game would be over.

( cant wait for levar to end a another cowboy quaterbacks career) Levar is a true redskins.:point2sky

Lavar isn't meant to play DE and I'm real curious as to why he didn't get more playing time. I was surprised at the way the game went we started off blitzing and then went into containment for the rest of the game. On 3rd downs our corners played way off of the line of scrimmage and Dallas burned us on alot of 3rd down conversions because are D played soft. I can't understand why we didn't get more pressure on the QB. Nevertheless, the D dids it's job. ST made a monster hit at the end of the game but he also cost us a TD. P.S. Did anybody figure out how Brunell kept the horseshoe that was imbedded in him from showing through his uniform ?

I was listening to the Sports Junky's on WJFK on my way into work today and they seem to think that Washington is going to "Phase him out" and the first chance they get, deal him to another team to get some cap relief. I sincerely hope this is not the case, Ive been wondering what ANDY thinks about all this. Did anyone else hear the show this morning/ early afternoon?

But i wonder why coach williams hasn't used him in more packages.

I think Greg said it best when he said that players that missed a lot of pratice in pre-season will be brought along a little slower.

I'd bet the better he plays each game, the more he will be brought in. I did see him in on the very first play of the game, and in and out the rest of the night. I don't think he got mentioned much, if at all. I know one play I screamed his name as he over persued Bledso, and missed him by 10 feet.

:(

He'll be back!

The Junkies are dumbasses, but they were saying he wasnt in very much, and that he may be gettin phased out all together. Any chance the Bengles would trade chad johnson for LaVar and Patten? Thatd be bad ass.

I also noticed a couple times LaVar lining up to go inside ona rush, and ignoring Marshall when he tried to push him to the outside repeatedly. He still wants to do his thing. He may be gone, we can do it without him

Im not so sure about arrington anymore. Not only does he have a problem with injuries he has said that injuries has changed his way of playing, as in he says he wont be as aggresive anymore (take it easy).

Im not saying hes a bad player. Im just thinking we might not see arrington at his highest level of play again, until I see different.

Honestly, I think he's still rusty.. think how long its been.. he'll get his, eventually.. I think he'll feed off the energy of the defense and help where he can.. right now he needs to get some sacks.. that's where he's used the most.. it'd be interesting to see him at end and Clemons behind him.. just for sheer speed..

Does anyone else think that LaVar may feel that with the success of the D over the past 18 games, his role as a leader and playmaker may have diminished ?

The new incentives in his contract have him making the probowl twice in the next 3 years. Him not playing as much definitely effects that clause.

Im not so sure about arrington anymore. Not only does he have a problem with injuries he has said that injuries has changed his way of playing, as in he says he wont be as aggresive anymore (take it easy).

Im not saying hes a bad player. Im just thinking we might not see arrington at his highest level of play again, until I see different.

I agree, I have this feeling that ole #56 will never be the same. :(

It's ironic actually. Last year he was qouted in the press saying he couldn't wait to get back in, then criticized the team for "rushing" him back and reinjuring his knee. So here we are taking it slow and cautious and he's chafing to get back in. Does anyone else think Gregg might be forcing Lavar to live with the consequences of his own words/actions this off season? It's not like the D or the team are suffering, and he'll eventually get back in good graces, but Lavar's getting exactly what he asked for: caution and care in his return.

Lavar was actually in the 1st play and was the guy who tackled Jones......it was one of his rare tackles in the night.

Gotta work on that pass rush, Bledsoe had way too much time to throw that ball.

We REALLY need to work on the pass rush! It's going to catch up with us.

I'd love for him to get back on the field full time.

Archived