Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Gibbs Intense!!! (merged)

NorthEast Skin

What would you like to see the redskins? or a redskins do?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see the redskins? or a redskins do?

• Clinton Portis snatch rushing title away from Emmit!
    • Redskins beat boys in texas stadium-division playoffs!
    • Become the next dynasty and win 2 or 3 super bowls and overtake the boys #5 #6 trophies!
    • Redskins beat cowboys in regular season and playoffs 13 out of 14 times!
    • Art Monk go into the hall of fame!

People can say whatever they want about Brunell, but I base my opinion on what he does, and what he did against the Bears was the same things he did last year. I know you can come up with excuses and explanations for that too, but until he does it in a real game, I'm not buying. Even if he does play well for a game or two, I think the chances of him sustaining a high level of play through a whole season are extremely slim.
By this mentality then you should be ripping Ramsey for looking worse then last year. The fact that he's looked like this the whole pre-season kinda frightens me.

Blind faith is when I was supporting Ramsey just because he was the starter and I was a Ramsey fan. It was easy to ignore all the obvious flaws and shortcomings, but now that he's been benched for these flaws it makes them more concrete.

You're officially stalking me.

The fact that Gibbs won a lot of games in the past is not irrelevant, but the fact that he lost a bunch with Brunell last year and refused to pull him is more relevant to the present.

Not if he already knew that PR was not a quality starter in the NFL. In that context keeping Brunell in made perfect sense.

How does EVERY thread turn into the POS QB controversy? We have enough threads with the TITLE of the controversy, do we really have to start masking and hiding these debates under other threads?

It's making it hard to read an entire thread cause we all know what the last 30 posts are going to say. 'Ramsey is better' 'Brunell is better' 'Gibbs is good' 'Gibbs is bad' ... Give me a break. ITS DALLAS WEEK and it's almost Monday. CANT WE ROOT FOR OUR TEAM?! (man there were like 30 times i wanted to swear and didn't, im a little proud of myself)

I personally cannot wait until Monday night, and to be perfrectly honest I'm going to enjoy Sunday's games also!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! COWBOYS ARE GOING DOWN :dallasuck

He's neither depressed nor annoyed. He's focused. His mind is in the film room. He's thinking about what he's seeing. What he can do to give us a chance. He's looking for any edge he can find. He's distracted because of the mindlessness of having to be anywhere other than the practice field or film room.

That's it.

Boy he sure didnt look too confident. I agree with Art though. I think he's been in the film room looking at film of the Cowboys and this is why he does'nt look confident. He understands that although the skins may have a good defense, defense doenst score points. And he might have noticed that there is a huge difference between the Bears Offense and the Cowboys Offense.

Can you imagine what he will look like on tuesday after the Cowboys win? Start the suicide watch because if he media didnt eat him up this week they will tear him to shreads after a Cowboy win.

By this mentality then you should be ripping Ramsey for looking worse then last year. The fact that he's looked like this the whole pre-season kinda frightens me.

He hasn't looked worse than last year. He barely even played before he got pulled, and during the preseason, we faced some of the best defenses in the NFL. To me, his performance against Pittsburgh proved he deserved to be the starter.

Blind faith is when I was supporting Ramsey just because he was the starter and I was a Ramsey fan. It was easy to ignore all the obvious flaws and shortcomings, but now that he's been benched for these flaws it makes them more concrete.

First of all I don't believe you, but leaving that aside, are you not supporting Brunell for the same reason? Because he's the starter?

He hasn't looked worse than last year. He barely even played before he got pulled, and during the preseason, we faced some of the best defenses in the NFL. To me, his performance against Pittsburgh proved he deserved to be the starter.

First of all I don't believe you, but leaving that aside, are you not supporting Brunell for the same reason? Because he's the starter?

AJ

We might as well let it go. It's one of the saddest things I've seen and neither the Skins fan at the SPorts bar (In SEATTLE, mind you) nor fans of other teams understand at all what the organization has done to Ramsey. The Steelers fan I talked to (who predicted Parker would steal the starting job from Bettis and Staley) said he never understood why the Skins didn't start him from at least year 2 and just keep going(though he did get injured.)

These people see what they want to see and justify how they will, even retroactively. In the future, we will see more, and it ain't just about the QB. Look at other posts--anything to justify or rationalize a move, then as soon as GIbbs comes out with something definitive that isn't QUITE what they believed--they jump to the next 'perceived belief.'

Hell, JB was at least right in his 'perceptions' of GIbbs' beliefs, whereas others just jumped on each new nugget of news(what does GIbbs believe?! What do I think!?!)

Sad.

Not if he already knew that PR was not a quality starter in the NFL. In that context keeping Brunell in made perfect sense.

See here's the thing: I don't think think this is what Gibbs is thinking, even in light of the decision he's made. If you listen to what he's said, his view seems to be not that Ramsey is toast, but that Ramsey needs to improve. Take this for example, from Wednesday, at a point after Ramsey may or may not have suggested he might want to be traded:

"I think Patrick has handled this better than you can even expect someone [in his situation] to handle it. He has been very professional. I know he doesn't like it. I have great admiration for the way he has handled it. I really do. I think it says a lot about him. Again, I emphasize that this is not the first time that I've been through a situation like this with the quarterbacks. For many of the young ones, something like this can happen. It's happened to the other ones I've been around I mentioned [former Redskins quarterback Mark] Rypien, I mentioned [former Redskins quarterback] Stan Humphries. We're committed to working as hard as we can in every way. Patrick had a great attitude today. We're going to go to work because you never know, in the situation that he's in, at what point he will be back in the game."

I think Gibbs had no idea that this would be the reaction he'd get, and I think he still doesn't understand how his move was interpreted by those on the outside. Look at your own comments...Ramsey never had it, never will, he's through. I don't think that's what Gibbs was trying to get across. Again, for me it comes down to Brunell. I can't believe he would go back to Brunell.

WOW...I just watched the video and although my opinion may not be the most popular.......but damn.....to me it eerily resembled Spurrier after he realized he had become a defeated man. I hope that I am wrong. Everything I know about Joe Gibbs tells me that I am...I sure hope so.

See here's the thing: I don't think think this is what Gibbs is thinking, even in light of the decision he's made. If you listen to what he's said, his view seems to be not that Ramsey is toast, but that Ramsey needs to improve. Take this for example, from Wednesday, at a point after Ramsey may or may not have suggested he might want to be traded:

I think Gibbs had no idea that this would be the reaction he'd get, and I think he still doesn't understand how his move was interpreted by those on the outside. Look at your own comments...Ramsey never had it, never will, he's through. I don't think that's what Gibbs was trying to get across. Again, for me it comes down to Brunell. I can't believe he would go back to Brunell.

I think that's Gibbs being gracious. You look to what Gibbs says. I would ask you to look to what he does. Year 1, he goes out and spends a buttload of money on a veteran QB - Year 2, he spends a rack of draft picks on a #1 rookie QB. No, I think Gibbs is done with PR.

I also think it possible that we have seen PR on the field for the last time.

I think that's Gibbs being gracious. You look to what Gibbs says. I would ask you to look to what he does. Year 1, he goes out and spends a buttload of money on a veteran QB - Year 2, he spends a rack of draft picks on a #1 rookie QB. No, I think Gibbs is done with PR.

I also think it possible that we have seen PR on the field for the last time.

No, I think if Gibbs said what he said there on Wednesday and didn't mean it, he would look even worse than he already does. The man may have made a misjudgement in how he handled all this, but I don't think he's that manipulative to say those things in public if he thinks Ramsey is a total bum. I think you can take him at his word: he thinks Ramsey is immature in some areas. Period. I think he just didn't anticipate the reaction the move would cause.

No, I think if Gibbs said what he said there on Wednesday and didn't mean it, he would look even worse than he already does. The man may have made a misjudgement in how he handled all this, but I don't think he's that manipulative to say those things in public if he thinks Ramsey is a total bum. I think you can take him at his word: he thinks Ramsey is immature in some areas. Period. I think he just didn't anticipate the reaction the move would cause.

You're a funny guy, A.J.

For a fact, Gibbs has NO idea what's being said other than his brief exposure to the media. He's not read a single article. He's got no clue that despite the majority of fans siding with him, that there are a large number who aren't. He'll find out, maybe, in the bye week if we lose.

You're a funny guy, A.J.

For a fact, Gibbs has NO idea what's being said other than his brief exposure to the media. He's not read a single article. He's got no clue that despite the majority of fans siding with him, that there are a large number who aren't. He'll find out, maybe, in the bye week if we lose.

I think if you think the majority of fans are "siding with him", in the sense of thinking the change was a good move, you might not quite be entirely in touch with reality. I don't think most are prepared to bail out on him yet, but that's not the same thing as thinking it was a good idea.

If he is truly inslulated, which I don't think he is (even if he personally doesn't read things, he has people around him who do), that would account for what I said: he didn't anticipate the reaction.

Archived