Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Gibbs Intense!!! (merged)

NorthEast Skin

What would you like to see the redskins? or a redskins do?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see the redskins? or a redskins do?

• Clinton Portis snatch rushing title away from Emmit!
    • Redskins beat boys in texas stadium-division playoffs!
    • Become the next dynasty and win 2 or 3 super bowls and overtake the boys #5 #6 trophies!
    • Redskins beat cowboys in regular season and playoffs 13 out of 14 times!
    • Art Monk go into the hall of fame!

I hate to say this, and I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill but he looked sick. My parents are diabetics and when they get worn down and dizzy they look like that. They get figity and angry because they are nauseas and thier blood sugar is low. Maybe he just needed some sugar. I didn't like it.

We can't afford for Gibbs to get worn down so early. I want him to be here for the five years he has promised. With the crap he gets and the scrutiny he is under I don't see how his body can take it. I think what the players need to do is get together before the game and make a promise to each other to lay it out on the line for Joe Gibbs. They have a bye coming up. This is the defining moment in our season. I don't care if it is week 2. If they come out and beat the Cowboys easily then the pressure is off for a while. I fully expect the defense to play this way, I just hope the offense clicks.

Why would he be deppresed? He is 1-0

Why would he be annoyed? He is 1-0

He's neither depressed nor annoyed. He's focused. His mind is in the film room. He's thinking about what he's seeing. What he can do to give us a chance. He's looking for any edge he can find. He's distracted because of the mindlessness of having to be anywhere other than the practice field or film room.

That's it.

Gibbs really needs to communicate to the players what this rivalry means to him and the city. These days its tough to get up for this game I think because of the turnover in players in the NFL, and especially the turnover in Redskins players and personel. I would think that right this is at best a divisional game for a lot of them, and for a few its a team we have struggled against, maybe lost to narrowly twice last year. Wonder how many 'Skins really hate Dallas and wanna beat THAT team, not just get a divisional win

I knew it! He's been spending way too much time lurking at Extremeskins, and he's really ticked that so many of you guys were bashing him! I knew this was going to happen.

It's not just here...same thing on every sports talk radio show. He knows the fans are on the brink of mutiny.

Ummmm yeah. Gee. That's it right there. Nailed it.

Forgot to mention the sportswriters in the D.C. papers unanimously ripping him for the move. There's a point at which this kind of reaction is hard to ignore. Even if Gibbs could insulate himself from it, I guarantee you Snyder is stewing about it 24/7, which means Gibbs will hear about it.

Forgot to mention the sportswriters in the D.C. papers unanimously ripping him for the move. There's a point at which this kind of reaction is hard to ignore. Even if Gibbs could insulate himself from it, I guarantee you Snyder is stewing about it 24/7, which means Gibbs will hear about it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No wait.

Hang on. I can do this.

:laugh: :laugh:

No I can't.

Blondie

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No wait.

Hang on. I can do this.

No I can't.

Blondie

Perhaps being in Texas, you can't quite grasp "the vibe" here in the direct vicinity. If the Redskins were a stock, the share price just crashed. Panic in the streets, people jumping out of buildings. Or more accurately, people running like mad away from the Gibbs bandwagon.

Perhaps being in Texas, you can't quite grasp "the vibe" here in the direct vicinity. If the Redskins were a stock, the share price just crashed. Panic in the streets, people jumping out of buildings. Or more accurately, people running like mad away from the Gibbs bandwagon.

Good thing you aren't my investment advisor....

:doh:

I'm thinking AJ,vibe or not, that maybe you take what the media and some fans are saying more seriously than Dan Snyder or Joe Gibbs do. Go figure.

See my post to Blondie. You don't live here, so you don't get the full view. The pollyanna posters here are the exception, not the trule as to how this is going. At no time last year, even at its worst did you hear what you're hearing now from fans, media, whoever: Gibbs has lost it, Gibbs II is a bust, he'll be gone by the end of the year. Granted that's probably an overreaction at this point, but I guarantee you they feel it inside Redskins park.

See my post to Blondie. You don't live here, so you don't get the full view. The pollyanna posters here are the exception, not the trule as to how this is going. At no time last year, even at its worst did you hear what you're hearing now from fans, media, whoever: Gibbs has lost it, Gibbs II is a bust, he'll be gone by the end of the year. Granted that's probably an overreaction at this point, but I guarantee you they feel it inside Redskins park.

The media has had the Redskins by the nuts for years. Theres nothing new this week. They're enjoying being able to roast him slowly over the fire because thats what they specialize in.

I think you're overstating the impact of the media on Gibbs to a huge degree. Gibbs knows how the media is, he knows how the fans are (although he's always forgiving us for our sins). It doesn't faze him one bit.

Gibbs is in his second year - he made a controversial decision - big friggin' deal. You think thats the most heat he's ever been under??? Look at his very first season as a Redskins coach if you want to see pressure. He's hardly on suicide watch or clinging to his job for dear life.

What you're seeing is a guy who is demanding his team step it up this week. And he may be smack-dab-in-the-middle of communicating that message to the team itself. He doesn't have time for anything but preparation, because thats what Joe Gibbs does.

Yes AJ, I addressed that. And there is no exception to the rule here. If this board were to be used as representation, as well as some of the callers into local radio, ( I love that streaming WTEM thing), then there is a clear divide right down the middle. Which is actually an improvement over Joe's first year in his first tenure as Head Coach. Trust me. :) Dan and Joe have a football team to run, and though they are probably aware of how some fans feel, they have more important things on their minds and to do with their time. Like doing their best to win football games. Though I will agree with one thing you said. Overreaction. Clearly.

Yes AJ, I addressed that. And there is no exception to the rule here. If this board were to be used as representation, as well as some of the callers into local radio, ( I love that streaming WTEM thing), then there is a clear divide right down the middle. Which is actually an improvement over Joe's first year in his first tenure as Head Coach. Trust me. :) Dan and Joe have a football team to run, and though they are probably aware of how some fans feel, they have more important things on their minds and to do with their time. Like doing their best to win football games. Though I will agree with one thing you said. Overreaction. Clearly.

Right now, all those who are blissfully riding along are just going on blind faith in Gibbs, which requires finding a way to blot out of your mind or at least minimize the way Brunell played last year. Whether people start to ease back off the ledge depends on how Brunell plays, plain and simple. Otherwise, it goes the opposite direction.

Right now, all those who are blissfully riding along are just going on blind faith in Gibbs, which requires finding a way to blot out of your mind or at least minimize the way Brunell played last year. Whether people start to ease back off the ledge depends on how Brunell plays, plain and simple. Otherwise, it goes the opposite direction.

But see - thats where you're wrong. Blind faith?? We're talking about a guy who took 4 teams to the Super Bowl, and won 3 of them with 3 different QBs. Yeah, its been a while. But do you really think all the personal strengths and qualities inherent in those successes just disappated into thin air? The 2005 Redskins are a much improved team - Joe Gibbs has already had an impact. And who's starting at QB doesn't change that.

Theres blind faith.

And then theres faith. I'm not ashamed to say I have it.

Archived