Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Gibbs Intense!!! (merged)

NorthEast Skin

What would you like to see the redskins? or a redskins do?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see the redskins? or a redskins do?

• Clinton Portis snatch rushing title away from Emmit!
    • Redskins beat boys in texas stadium-division playoffs!
    • Become the next dynasty and win 2 or 3 super bowls and overtake the boys #5 #6 trophies!
    • Redskins beat cowboys in regular season and playoffs 13 out of 14 times!
    • Art Monk go into the hall of fame!

Sorry took me so long to get back to you AJ........forgot about you.

I don't see my understanding of the process Gibbs is taking this team though as "blind faith".

As Art said..there is faith........and I have faith in the ability of Gibbs to bring this TEAM back to winning form.

Blondie

Oh please AJ. Give me a break. So those who favor Patrick and don't care for the decision Joe Gibbs made are the ones thinking clearly here? Those who support Joe's decesion based on ..yep, you guessed it, history are blissfully riding along? We're the only ones blotting out the past? Okay. Right. Keep in mind too, that the final point is one that is shared. Because should Patrick have been kept as starter, folks like you would be in the same position. Waiting on how he plays.

To me he looked really tired and agitated, not really angry but nervous the way he was swaying back and forth. I used to sway like that back when I had to do a presentations in front of class lol. Maybe the pregame jitters are already starting to set in and Gibbs being the perfectionist he is it's getting to him. I'm sure by gametime he'll be the stone cold statue we're used to seeing.

Those who support Joe's decesion based on ..yep, you guessed it, history are blissfully riding along? We're the only ones blotting out the past? Okay. Right.

Brunell's performance last year tells you more about Monday Night's game than Gibbs's success in the past. That is simple reality.

He's neither depressed nor annoyed. He's focused. His mind is in the film room. He's thinking about what he's seeing. What he can do to give us a chance. He's looking for any edge he can find. He's distracted because of the mindlessness of having to be anywhere other than the practice field or film room.

That's it.

Art captures it perfectly yet again.

Forgot to mention the sportswriters in the D.C. papers unanimously ripping him for the move. There's a point at which this kind of reaction is hard to ignore. Even if Gibbs could insulate himself from it, I guarantee you Snyder is stewing about it 24/7, which means Gibbs will hear about it.

Ahhh...actually, a lot of sportswriters were surprised that Ramsey even STARTED the game due to his preseason performance. And most understood the move. A lot of them said that Ramsey got screwed, but most of them know that he was still the same old Ramsey, and that isn't good enough to win football games.

Brunell v3.0 has its test on Monday night!! Here's to success! :cheers:

Right now, all those who are blissfully riding along are just going on blind faith in Gibbs, which requires finding a way to blot out of your mind or at least minimize the way Brunell played last year. Whether people start to ease back off the ledge depends on how Brunell plays, plain and simple. Otherwise, it goes the opposite direction.

Its not blind faith when you realize one quarterback has not developed into the playmaker he needs to be, continues to turn the ball over and make poor decisions, while the other quarterback looks 100 times better than he did last year. That is not blind faith...it is faith predicated on a valid observation. One that Gibbs has more access to than any of us on this board (except maybe andyman? :paranoid: )

Im sorry but I think praying to win a game is rediculous. It seems alot of people in this country think god is their personal genie these days. No matter how many times we lose or how mad we get, its still just a game. I dont think god is helping the religous college teams or the devil is helping teams that have 20 convicts on it win. Just rediculous. :doh:

:dallasuck

Back on topic, Im sure he is determined to do anything he can to win this game. Hes a redskins fan like all of us meaning he hates the cowboys like all of us. This is why so many of us love him being our coach so much. It also might be that hes sick of loosing to parcells as well.

"Im sorry but I think praying to win a game is rediculous. It seems alot of people in this country think god is their personal genie these days. No matter how many times we lose or how mad we get, its still just a game. I dont think god is helping the religous college teams or the devil is helping teams that have 20 convicts on it win. Just rediculous. :doh:"

Dude, where did that come from?

Brunell's performance last year tells you more about Monday Night's game than Gibbs's success in the past. That is simple reality.

How?? Please explain that one, AJ. Tell me how. If you can answer with any kind of reasoning, you may not win stupidest post of the year.

And AJ, why do you continue to just block out and deny all evidence of Brunell's improvement? Of Brunell's improved health?? Why??? I can't understand why you would continually ignore the evidence that this is a completely different quarterback than the one we saw last year.

I guess, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. So we shall see on Monday night. Unfortunately, I am wondering if even a victory will be good enough for you and those who think like you. I'm not sure if 19-0 will be good enough for you, if the wins are by small margins and the points scored are very low. I just don't know. You seem to have lost all ability to think rationally on the subject!

Either way, Monday night can't get here fast enough. :cheers:

"Im sorry but I think praying to win a game is rediculous. It seems alot of people in this country think god is their personal genie these days. No matter how many times we lose or how mad we get, its still just a game. I dont think god is helping the religous college teams or the devil is helping teams that have 20 convicts on it win. Just rediculous. :doh:"

Dude, where did that come from?

lol I should have quoted the person I was replying to sorry, but 2 people said something about praying for the win early in this thread.

Right now, all those who are blissfully riding along are just going on blind faith in Gibbs, which requires finding a way to blot out of your mind or at least minimize the way Brunell played last year. Whether people start to ease back off the ledge depends on how Brunell plays, plain and simple. Otherwise, it goes the opposite direction.

AJ, you come with the most outlandish notions. I wish you were a bit older and could really have seen the difference between Gibb's first year and second.

Even so, I'm a bit done with the QB thing. Now I await the game Monday...

I agree that Gibbs seems short-tempered and dead serious. This is good, because although I love the man to death, that cackle of his was starting to get to me.

Of late I have wondered if the presence of certain reporters exacerbate some frustration he possibly has with the media. I know I have watched some of the interviews on redskins.com and thought, "man, I don't think he likes that person who just asked him that question," based on his demeanor when answering.

In reading Snyder's chat on this site, I noticed he was highly critical of the Washington Post. I tend to think the Sports Reporters rip Gibbs a new one daily (although Bram is fair).

Anyway, that's my theory...that Gibbs doesn't like some of the reporters.

How?? Please explain that one, AJ. Tell me how. If you can answer with any kind of reasoning, you may not win stupidest post of the year.

And AJ, why do you continue to just block out and deny all evidence of Brunell's improvement? Of Brunell's improved health?? Why??? I can't understand why you would continually ignore the evidence that this is a completely different quarterback than the one we saw last year.

I guess, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. So we shall see on Monday night. Unfortunately, I am wondering if even a victory will be good enough for you and those who think like you. I'm not sure if 19-0 will be good enough for you, if the wins are by small margins and the points scored are very low. I just don't know. You seem to have lost all ability to think rationally on the subject!

Either way, Monday night can't get here fast enough. :cheers:

People can say whatever they want about Brunell, but I base my opinion on what he does, and what he did against the Bears was the same things he did last year. I know you can come up with excuses and explanations for that too, but until he does it in a real game, I'm not buying. Even if he does play well for a game or two, I think the chances of him sustaining a high level of play through a whole season are extremely slim.

People can say whatever they want about Brunell, but I base my opinion on what he does, and what he did against the Bears was the same things he did last year. I know you can come up with excuses and explanations for that too, but until he does it in a real game, I'm not buying. Even if he does play well for a game or two, I think the chances of him sustaining a high level of play through a whole season are extremely slim.

You didn't answer the question.

How does Brunell's play last year tell us more about Monday night than Gibbs' long history of finding the right QB for the job? HMmmmmm?

You didn't answer the question.

How does Brunell's play last year tell us more about Monday night than Gibbs' long history of finding the right QB for the job? HMmmmmm?

You're officially stalking me.

The fact that Gibbs won a lot of games in the past is not irrelevant, but the fact that he lost a bunch with Brunell last year and refused to pull him is more relevant to the present.

Archived