Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Key To Passing Game Monday Night: Abuse Terrance Newman

Charlie Murphaaay

Keenan McCardell is a tough, solid veteran WR, and he victimized Terrance Newman all game last Sunday. Anthony Henry, the Cowgirls other CB, had a pretty solid game. He looked to be extremely aggressive and ball hawking, but he'll end up being beat becuase of it soon. I'd love for it to be Moss or Patten who burns him at the steak.

Mark Brunell will be successful if he goes to whomever Newman is covering. He can also have success if he we can get the run game going. Then he can get into Roy Williams head and beat him deep or in the deep middle of the field.

Let's hope our passing game can do enough to keep them off-balance Monday night.

:dallasuck

Keenan McCardell is a tough, solid veteran WR, and he victimized Terrance Newman all game last Sunday. Anthony Henry, the Cowgirls other CB, had a pretty solid game. He looked to be extremely aggressive and ball hawking, but he'll end up being beat becuase of it soon. I'd love for it to be Moss or Patten who burns him at the steak.

Mark Brunell will be successful if he goes to whomever Newman is covering. He can also have success if he we can get the run game going. Then he can get into Roy Williams head and beat him deep or in the deep middle of the field.

Let's hope our passing game can do enough to keep them off-balance Monday night.

You realize neither TD catch came on Newman or Henry right? 1 came with a Zone coverage where a LB was supposed to chip the WR and another LB take coverage. The LB never chipped so he quickly got past coverage before it got there. On the second TD another Zone coverage. The FS and LB got tangled with each other. If your looking for a weakness its the Zone D not Newman

If your looking for a weakness its the Zone D not Newman

I'd have to disagree unless you are speculating into how he'll do this year. Everything that I have heard or read (and when I've seen him in games) has been less than stellar. I'll give Henry his props, but Newman has yet to show me anything worthy of his selection in the draft.

I'd have to disagree unless you are speculating into how he'll do this year. Everything that I have heard or read (and when I've seen him in games) has been less than stellar. I'll give Henry his props, but Newman has yet to show me anything worthy of his selection in the draft.

Have you seen him thru camp, preseason and game 1?

Have you seen him thru camp, preseason and game 1?

I did see him in game 1, but not through camp and preseason. I can't dispute that he may have a good year this year, but if the past couple of seasons are an indicator - let's just say you won't want to leave him on an island in the secondary.

Newman did better than you think against SD... here are the numbers for the whole game:

THROWN AT NEWMAN

18 yards to Parker

incompletion to McCardell

incompletion to McCardell

incompletion to Parker

16 yards to McCardell

9 yards to Caldwell

incompletion to Caldwell

TOTALS: 3-for-7, 43 yards

I have to agree with what Doc and others have said. We need to start with the passing game (and it needs to work) to force them out of 8 or 9 in the box. This will open up the running lanes for Portis and when he gets through the los cleanly, watch out.

To get a deep passing game, we don't need to throw it in the air long. Moss and Patten are perfectly capable of taking a 7-8 yard slant to the house.

anyway :dallasuck

Aye Daaaarrrknessss! The two McCardell TD's were not against T-New..... He did not victimize Newman at all but if it makes your post better than so be it. BTW, Newman ALWAYS has a big game against the skins. :laugh:

all you need to do to shake newman is a pump fake, he bites on that BAD lol, the cowboys really should of gotten trufant, way better than newman

The same Trufant who's toast for one of the leagues worst secondaries and got torched by Jimmy Smith last weekend. Try again... Newman has 4 picks in two years vs. you guys...

Aye Daaaarrrknessss! The two McCardell TD's were not against T-New..... He did not victimize Newman at all but if it makes your post better than so be it. BTW, Newman ALWAYS has a big game against the skins. :laugh:

Maybe you're confusing having big games with giving up big plays. He was victimized by Rod "50/50" Gardner last season. What big games are you talking about??

Archived