Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official complain about all the complaining thread (merged)

Hogskin1

IT MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH ... fine for cowboy fans to come here and talk crap, but my god...

go ahead and criticizse the the team, but don't disrepect it. Its a sad day for a real cool site.

I just pray to god that other fans react the same way.

amen brother :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I can not believe all the CRAP I am seeing on a site that is supposed to be for FANS.

- Guys offering wagers AGAINST our players and team

- Guys making personal attacks on members of our team AND our head coach. Outright calling him a liar and calling for him to be fired.

- Guys hoping a whiny QB who will not accept the 2nd string role he seems to have earned, will go to another team and turn it on against the Redskins.

I could understand it if it was just a couple 12-year-olds that did not have enough life experience to know any better. But it is through all age ranges.

Apparently, team support and loyalty mean NOTHING to a LARGE number of the people on this site. They just don't get it that starter changes HAPPEN in the NFL, and they happen for a variety of reasons. No one has an inalienable RIGHT to a starting job.

But even if that were NOT the case, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THE BS THAT IS PERMEATING THIS SITE. Disagreement is expected, and is fine. But the horsecrap I listed above is NOT just disagreement over issues, it is attacks on our team. Guys, why don't you finally be honest with YOURSELVES!!! and admit it. You are a PR fans, but you are NOT REDSKIN FANS (just talking to those with the offensive posts, NOT all PR fans!!) In fact you have become REDSKIN HATERS. Do everyone a favor and take it to

I-HATE-REDSKINS.com

where it belongs. Leave the fan sites to Redskin FANS!!!!! I am sure that any of you offensive posters that have tickets will be out there at the next home game booing our team lustily. That is another thing that NO REAL FAN does. Grow up.

First of all let me start by saying that I am a die hard redskin fan and have been as long as I can remember. Your post I think in part was directed at me because of a statement I made in another thread about Ramsey going to Dallas and lighting us up. I said that to show just how disgusted I am with Gibbs' decision. I AM NOT A HUGE PR FAN, I am however not a Bruisenell fan at all. Everytime he steps on the field I cringe. He was so horrible last year and Gibbs stood by him as if they were a long time married couple. I feel Patrick gives us a much better chance to win until we can either groom Campbell to take over our team or find someone who can. If you read my whole post you would have also saw that I wrote he would light us up proving to Gibbs that he could play and then we would win the other 14 games on the schedule. Come on down off that soap box it seems to be a little unstable. :laugh:

images409269_espn021204.jpg

I would personally like to welcome you to the ESPN Redskins Message Board.

As evidenced by many of the topics on this page :

ESPN Message Board

Thanks for stopping in, feel free to not contribute to 90% of this garbage (Including this crap).

In the words of the great Rodney King - Well you know, what he said, need I repeat it?

Sorry Guys, but I needed a laugh after reading through most of this stuff.

:sucks: :soapbox:

Now back to our your normal programming.

Oh and one more thing. :dallasuck

Im sorry but as a former member of that board, the flaming, trolling and over anarchy that goes on over there overshadows anything going on here right now.

More hyperbole is what we don’t need.

OS, I have never been a member there but after reading some of their stuff in the past, it reminds me quite a bit of some of the things we have been seeing here recently. Especially the last 24 hours.

Come on down off that soap box it seems to be a little unstable. :laugh:

Doesn't seem that way at all to me, especially judging by all the supportive posts it received.

I have to hand it to you, though. At least you stepped up and took responsibility for your statements that still seem to be rooting for a Redskin defeat by the hated Cowboys. Not many guys would step forward with that. I sure hope you see the light soon...

This board has went to hell in just a week's time. Can't blame the mods. It's just too overwhelming for them to control anymore.

I dont place blame on any of the staff. I agree, it is obviously overwhelming.

I just feel like this was the one place so many of us could call our internet home.

Feels like I left my keys in my car, and my next door neighbor steals it for a joy ride, and took a dump in the back seat.

EDIT: And Mods feel free to delete this garbage thread as well, while youre doing cleanup. Sorry.

People are allowed to display to voice their opinions.... as illogical as they may be. They WILL be called to task by those members who wish to discuss the topic more in-depth.

However, the simple solution is.... STOP READING THE THREADS FROM POSTERS YOU DO NOT ENJOY.

We had some long-time members SERIOUSLY concerned about possible censure with the merge. Now, we see a lot of members clamoring for censorship.

You guys kill me.

The IGNORE button. It's been there for 5 years. Learn how to use it.

People are allowed to display to voice their opinions.... as illogical as they may be. They WILL be called to task by those members who wish to discuss the topic more in-depth.

However, the simple solution is.... STOP READING THE THREADS FROM POSTERS YOU DO NOT ENJOY.

We had some long-time members SERIOUSLY concerned about possible censure with the merge. Now, we see a lot of members clamoring for censorship.

You guys kill me.

Not that simple. Those posts have permeated most of the threads since yesterday. And the offensive comments are in the NAMES of several threads. It is just annoying to see that on a great fan site.

FYI, I never advocated censorship - only common sense by the posters. Censorship relates to repressive controls by someone in authority. I have not seen anyone here advocate that, and I certainly do not. So I'm not sure where you are coming from with that comment.

FYI-2, I sent a PM to OM, and got a reply. He indicated that he agrees fully with my frustration over the posts that were alluded to. Censorship never came up in THOSE messages either.

This board has went to hell in just a week's time. Can't blame the mods. It's just too overwhelming for them to control anymore.

Concur. I'm still here. Still reading, still posting. This will pass. What we have seen is a number of people with a handful of posts talking about how Gibbs must go, he's old, he doesn't know what he's doing, bla, bla, bla. It will pass. These people will eventually lose interest and go away unless they just become truly obsessed.

You guys kill me.

You know what's worse?

Not a single person has bothered to use 'REPORT POST TO A MODERATER" function in all of this time.

It looks like this report.gif It's in the top right hand corner of each & every post.

Calling someone comments stupid is NOT a personal attack. Calling someone stupid is a personal attack. However most of you guys view the first as a personal attack when it's not.

Learn the difference. And learn how to use two simple functions provided to you. the IGNORE button & the REPORT button.

You know what's worse?

Not a single person has bothered to use 'REPORT POST TO A MODERATER" function in all of this time.

It looks like this report.gif It's in the top right hand corner of each & every post.

Calling someone comments stupid is NOT a personal attack. Calling someone stupid is a personal attack. However most of you guys view the first as a personal attack when it's not.

Learn the difference. And learn how to use two simple functions provided to you. the IGNORE button & the REPORT button.

Seems you disagree with the guy you are trying to support here. Now, it is apparent that the use of that button you advocate IS censorship.

As to personal attacks, I did not call ANYONE a name or make any other form of personal attacks. Saying outright that Gibbs is a LIAR, and that he has no HONOR (among many other similar rants) certainly DOES qualify for that dubious distinction. Those are the posts being discussed, not the civil posts with a different opinion.

Seems you disagree with the guy you are trying to support here. Now, it is apparent that the use of that button you advocate IS censorship.

No.

Seems like you comprehended it wrong. Using the REPORT feature has nothing to do with censorship at all. It's there to simply, quietly, & quickly bring our attention to someone who's being a jackass so we can deal them & let them know what it is that is expected of them.

Want to know the real shame in all of this? Die Hard(the guy I'm trying to support;) ) & his wife just had their first kid. He's even posted pics over in Tailgate. I bet most you guys haven't even seen them because you're to busy creating new threads for us to merge. That's a shame.

Archived