Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Ramsey OR Gibbs

Redskinswhoopass

Ramsey of course. He's got the 3 Super Bowl rings, right? Oh wait, he doesn't? Really?

You could have fooled me with the way people talk about Ramsey on this board. You would think Ramsey was a hybrid of Montana/Elway/Brady with the way some of you guys defend him. :doh:

Ramsey is a Kyle Boller clone. Gibbs is an HOF coach. I'll take my chances with the latter.

Ramsey of course. He's got the 3 Super Bowl rings, right? Oh wait, he doesn't? Really?

You could have fooled me with the way people talk about Ramsey on this board. You would think Ramsey is a hybrid of Montana/Elway/Brady with the way some of you guys defend him. :doh:

Ramsey is a Kyle Boller clone. Gibbs is an HOF coach. I'll take my chances with the latter.

Wow, some serious venom in this thread. I'm surprised at the depth of emotion, really. So here's my 2 cents:

I'll gladly admit to voting for Ramsey in this poll. Noone else seems to want to, but I'm happy to explain why. As far as I could tell the poll said nothing about trading one person or the other. I merely interpreted it as whose side are you on in this latest chapter. Do I think Ramsey is ultimately more critical to the success of this team than Gibbs? Of course not. Do I think he got a raw deal, and this was not Gibbs' best moment? Absolutely.

Sorry, but it's hard to not feel for the kid after watching him act like the consummate professional on Monday Night Live tonight when questioned about the whole situation. He is saying all the right things, and seems to fully support MB.

I really don't see how it can be argued that he got a fair shake this year. How many games did Gibbs stick with Brunell last year before making a change? And Rams didn't look anywhere near as bad yesterday as MB last season.

Anyway, I voted for Patrick because I think Gibbs is just wrong on this. I'm not second guessing the X's and O's - just the timing and the lack of support he has given PR versus MB. The whole thing could have been handled better, IMO.

How can people be voting for Gibbs. I've never been so upset about something. This is a spinless move and a serious down grade in QB. I'm selling my tickets till Brunell is removed and we as Redskin fans should stand behind our players and not let something so wrong happen

I'll buy them right now!

Idiotic question.

If anything drives Gibbs out, it will be losing. Starting Brunell = losing, just like last year. Getting rid of Ramsey is getting rid of our only hope of a passing game. Therefore, the two are linked. There is no either/or...it's more like both/neither.

Can we get one thing established?

Joe Gibbs and the Washington Redskins don't owe Patrick Ramsey Jack-Sh**. He is owed nothing - not to be the starter, not to have his feelings considered, not to be treated fairly.

He has gotten all that he was ever owed by this team; his check. Beyond this he gets what he gets.

For those of you who feel that he has been slighted - get over it, or don't. Either way, the man running the show made the call, and it's his call to make. To assert that anything else must happen is stupid beyond words.

And I mean that, from the heart.

I don't trust Gibbs anymore. he's a liar for saying ramsey would be given a "fair chance." His past does not make up for his incompetence now, saying "in Gibbs we trust" is just bull ****, we did that last year and got a ****ty season.
17 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. Ah to be young and naive.

sorry but gibbs is ruining this team. he comes in here runs the worst conservative offense ever, lets brunell stink the joint up for half the season last year and gives ramsey 1 start this year. ramsey was moving the football effectively after the pick. im tired of gibbs. he has not given ramsey a fair shot. he does not know how to use his star players and if it were not for g williams our team would be pathetic.

Ramsey still looks shell-shocked and nervous out there. I was totally unimpressed with his performance. Brunell didn't play that much better, but he looked confident. You could see him actually reading the field and going through the progressions....Ramsey can't do those things.

Monday night will be the test; but from all the preseason reports and what the players have said, I think we will see a much better MB than we saw last year. Of course Brunell was very good on MNF against the girls last year, so we'll see.

As for this poll...those of you who voted Ramsey over Gibbs and those of you talking trash about Gibbs over this....well, go away. Go to the store tonight and by a Drew Bledsoe jersey, and where it on Monday night. We don't want you and the Skins don't want you as fans. I don't care if they are all young'uns; even young people should know what Gibbs has done and respect that.

:mad::mad:Joe Gibbs did nothing to convince that should choose him over Ramsey

I do not care about the 3 SBs that was in the Past ,and we are in the present

So if Gibbs gave a shot last year to Brunell ,He should give one to Ramsey too

I am just furious about Gibbs:mad::mad:

But you know what Forget about this I still believe that gibbs will take us to the playoffd:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

Right now Gibbs and Patrick are 0-0

Patrick use to be good in highschool and Gibbs won 3 superbowls. Its a new era for both.

I just wish Gibbs were as patient with Ramsey as some fan are of him.

For years I have been patient and at this point I am not enjoying Dan Snyders product.

i seriously think we should kick Joe Gibbs out. Because he hasnt proven himself. We gave him 17 games and he has only won 7 out of them. And he gave Ramsey a ****in quarter of play before letting go. I mean its simple logic. If a QB gets a quarter of play before the head coach makes his decision, then a head coach shouldnt get two seasons to prove himself.

Joe Gibbs is pulling a Daniel Snyder. Playing favorites.

Bring Back Norv Turner!

i seriously think we should kick Joe Gibbs out. Because he hasnt proven himself. We gave him 17 games and he has only won 7 out of them. And he gave Ramsey a ****in quarter of play before letting go. I mean its simple logic. If a QB gets a quarter of play before the head coach makes his decision, then a head coach shouldnt get two seasons to prove himself.

Bring Back Norv Turner!

did you register just to say that garbage?

:banhim:

Sorry Papa, Gibbs has proven himself.

But I gotta say, I would really like to start routing for some people, and not a Jersey. This crap where our players who we build on getting pushed out every so often make me sick, and takes a toll on you. How many guys have been with us over the last five years? 3? Makes it hard to explain what you like about the team when the only thing that won't change is the jersey and hometown.

Bring Back Norv Turner!

:troll:

Guest sith lord
Seriously Skins fans, how is this poll at 55-45?

I'm not kidding.

How does this happen?

Some of them aren't real fans. Pathetic, if you ask me.

Sorry Papa, Gibbs has proven himself.

But I gotta say, I would really like to start routing for some people, and not a Jersey. This crap where our players who we build on getting pushed out every so often make me sick, and takes a toll on you. How many guys have been with us over the last five years? 3? Makes it hard to explain what you like about the team when the only thing that won't change is the jersey and hometown.

Its so bad for us now, that I'm afraid to buy a jersey. You don't know if the player on the jersey you just shelled out $200 or $80 for is going to be on the team the next year.

I like to get at least 5 years out of a jersey.

Archived