Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Ramsey OR Gibbs

Redskinswhoopass

Yes, let's fire Joe Gibbs because he benched a poor-man's Gus Frerotte. Unbelievable.

I was just thinking about how Ramsey reminds me of Frerotte - I'd be watching those games with friends and every time Ferotte went back to pass, you'd literally hear everyone in the room gasp.

I can't believe this poll. - Were people this upset about Heath too?

I wonder if New England fans felt this way when they jettisoned Bledsoe

Art Gibbs lied man.. And it's hurt a lot of folks.. Me included. I don't care what QB starts, but give the man what you promised a fighting chance.. It's upsetting.

My thougts exactly. if I were a girl, I would cry for Ramsey. I still love my Skins and Coach Joe for what he has done for us, but this one hurts even more than your first breakup.

Wow, it speaks volumes when this poll is pretty close. It shouldn't be anywhere to being close. These are the concerns I have about Gibbs: bad personnel decisions, offensive playcalling too conservative, indecision (Ramsey it the starter, no Brunell is the starter) and blinders on when it comes to realizing Brunell's true potential. I love Joe Gibbs for what he has done for the Redskins. But with this recent decision I'm beginning to wonder if Joe can cut it in today's NFL... I fear a repeat of last season.

Wow, it speaks volumes when this poll is pretty close. It shouldn't be anywhere to being close. These are the concerns I have about Gibbs: bad personnel decisions, offensive playcalling too conservative, indecision (Ramsey it the starter, no Brunell is the starter) and blinders on when it comes to realizing Brunell's true potential. I love Joe Gibbs for what he has done for the Redskins. But with this recent decision I'm beginning to wonder if Joe can cut it in today's NFL... I fear a repeat of last season.

Okay, i stopped reading after "GIBBS: bad personnel decisions."

Many of us who are upset about this decision are upset with the way it was handled. Regardless of who the starting QB is, it is disappointing that after one half of football our starter got yanked. This should have been taken care of in the pre-season.

Gibbs is still a hero and I believe that he could still be successful in the NFL, but I really thought that the days of this sort of reactionary behavior were behind us--this is the kind of stuff that has made us a punch-line in the NFL. I thought Gibbs would bring stability to the franchise. Whether you love Joe or not, he mismanaged this situation.

Many of us who are upset about this decision are upset with the way it was handled. Regardless of who the starting QB is, it is disappointing that after one half of football our starter got yanked. This should have been taken care of in the pre-season.

Gibbs is still a hero and I believe that he could still be successful in the NFL, but I really thought that the days of this sort of reactionary behavior were behind us--this is the kind of stuff that has made us a punch-line in the NFL. I thought Gibbs would bring stability to the franchise. Whether you love Joe or not, he mismanaged this situation.

Well, Ramsey had a pretty bad camp, pretty horrid practices, totally herendous preseason, comes into first game an throws an INT.

I think it was a pretty easy decision for Gibbs as it woulda been for me.

Thanks Joe!!!! Been waiting for this.

This just shows how many ingnorant "fans" we have.

These ppl who vote for Ramsey have absolutely no football knowledge.

Probably most of them are 21 under who really dont know anything about redskins+winning.

I'm 37 and I remember the last time the Skins were winning in the '80s with Gibbs at the helm. That's what makes this situation so hard to take: we don't appear to be heading back to those winning ways. Brunell is not the future. Ramsey is a risk that may not pay off, but at least there is a possibility. There is little to no possibility with Brunell, we are looking at a replay of last season.

Add to that all those games that he refused to give Brunell the hook last year while he was playing far more poorly than anything we've seen out of Pat during the preseason or the almost whole half that he played on sunday for that matter. Its hard to fathom why one was offered such a long leash and the other was given nearly none. I can understand why Ramsey feels disrespected. He was.

I'm 37 and I remember the last time the Skins were winning in the '80s with Gibbs at the helm. That's what makes this situation so hard to take: we don't appear to be heading back to those winning ways. Brunell is not the future. Ramsey is a risk that may not pay off, but at least there is a possibility. There is little to no possibility with Brunell, we are looking at a replay of last season.

The long future might not hold much in brunell, but this season, RIGHT NOW, we have a much higher percentage of winning games with brunell then ramsey. I think everyone knows that brunell gives us the best chance. If you want to think for the future and take a risk, put in campbell. Ramsey isnt the future by any means anyway.

I would like to think that Gibbs knows a thing or two about football. Dont you think?

You have got to be kidding me, what has PR #11 done for us? What has coach Gibbs done for our franchise? He is fine tuning our team and it WILL be a better team in the long run, even if it hurts to let go a person that you have gotten comfortable seeing every week. PR is a character guy, but he hasn't done anything for our team!

Okay, I highly doubt that you want to sit here and discuss the bad players gibbs has brought in vs. the great hall of famers he has produced.

This topic ends here.

Oh yeah? There is a big difference between being a great coach/ player developer and selecting players. Who was the running back Gibbs got infatuated with before he retired that he was a total bust? I couldn't find it.

As Michael Wilborn says:

And while Gibbs is one of the 10 greatest coaches ever, he has not distinguished himself as the GM. That's not meant to sound like an indictment, but it is a fact. For the millionth time, I'd have hired Gibbs to come back as coach 1,000 times out of 1,000. But not to be the GM. He's not in the Hall of Fame for picking players. For the most part, that was done for him.

The long future might not hold much in brunell, but this season, RIGHT NOW, we have a much higher percentage of winning games with brunell then ramsey. I think everyone knows that brunell gives us the best chance. If you want to think for the future and take a risk, put in campbell. Ramsey isnt the future by any means anyway.

I would like to think that Gibbs knows a thing or two about football. Dont you think?

I don't question Gibbs football knowledge. I do question his player personnel decisions in this instance. Perhaps a younger coach would see the potential in Ramsey and continue to develop him. There are teams out there that would like to have Ramsey compared to their current scenario. At any rate, the proof is in the pudding. We will see how everyone feels about this decision after the Dallas game. If Brunell comes though, great... But I fear a repeat of last season. Gibbs would not pull Brunell last season when it was painfully obvious that we would not win with him. He did not extend the same consideration to PR. Bottom line, Brunell or Ramsey the offensive play calling is too conservative and playcalling and execution are going to have to step up for the Skins to have a good season.

Well, Ramsey had a pretty bad camp, pretty horrid practices, totally herendous preseason, comes into first game an throws an INT.

I think it was a pretty easy decision for Gibbs as it woulda been for me.

Thanks Joe!!!! Been waiting for this.

That's my point. If Gibbs was so disappointed in Ramsey based on a "bad camp, pretty horrid practices, [and] totally herendous preseason" then he should have made the decision to start Brunell before the season opener. Based on everything you said, it would have been less controversial.

But once he announced Pat was the guy, he should have stuck with him. This type of wishy-washy decision-making is troubling and disappointing.

Archived