Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Ramsey OR Gibbs

Redskinswhoopass

he did it with Charlie Casserly at the helm as well - by the way- how many Super Bowls did Beathard or Casserly win without Gibbs?

Thats a silly and pointless question that we both know the answer to. To imply that that proves anything is ludicrous. The fact of the matter is yes Joe Gibbs is a genius of a coach but that he also benifited immensely from having a crack front office when he was here. To argue otherwise borders on futility, you understand that right? Personel decisions never were his strong suit. Need I really invoke names such as desmond howard and his ilk? C'mon man.

We will not win, pretty or ugly, with Brunell at the helm...

What are you talking about? We just did. :doh: This thread and poll is a disgrace, and some of ya'll just disgust me. We should just go ahead and close the board now. OFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD OF THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS?!?! THIS IS A F*CKIN DALLAS BOARD!!!

Thats a silly and pointless question that we both know the answer to. To imply that that proves anything is ludicrous. The fact of the matter is yes Joe Gibbs is a genius of a coach but that he also benifited immensely from having a crack front office when he was here. To argue otherwise borders on futility, you understand that right? Personel decisions never were his strong suit. Need I really invoke names such as desmond howard and his ilk? C'mon man.

My point is you can't point to one over the other. Beathard and Casserly made personnel mistakes as well - some of which Gibbs overcame through great coaching (see Timmy Smith). You can't simply state that Beathard produced all of the Hall of Famers - Gibbs turned a punt returner into a Super Bowl Champion Quarterback. Beathard had nothing to do with that.

My point is you can't point to one over the other. Beathard and Casserly made personnel mistakes as well - some of which Gibbs overcame through great coaching (see Timmy Smith). You can't simply state that Beathard produced all of the Hall of Famers - Gibbs turned a punt returner into a Super Bowl Champion Quarterback. Beathard had nothing to do with that.

The problem is that you cannot divorce Gibbs from having an excellent front office during those years anymore than I can divorce said front office from the fact that Gibbs is a hall of fame coach.Thats not even the debate here. The assertion was that Gibbs produced a significant number of hall of fame caliber players and therefore was to be considered adept at personel selection. I'm saying that this did not happen in a vacuum. That he was given alot of good material to work with by a personel department that knew a diamond in the rough when they saw one. I am not denegrading his abilities as a coach. I am saying that there is little in his record to warrant the conclusion that he makes a great GM. I am unconvinced and imagine I will continue to be.

I stand by them both.

Last time I checked Joe Gibbs is the man that lead us to 3 Superbowl wins and is the Head Coach of this team. Not to mention a 2 time (soon to be 3) Nascar Winston/Nextel Cup Championship winner. He's smart and does what it takes to win.

I also stand by Ramsey. Last time I checked, he was still a Redskin. He's also man enough to admit that it is the Coaches decision to make. He's a classy guy and I had really hoped he was our franchise QB. But he hasn't even come close to that yet. Right now, he's just not the guy.

I'll stand by Patrick Ramsey no matter where he goes in his career. He's my boy.

I'm sorry. Has anyone been watching Ramsey in the PreSeason and first game? I want him to succeed as much as anyone but I find myself holding my breath everytime he has the ball. The Defense can get us there if the Offense doesn't give it away. ALWAYS, goe with Gibbs.

GIBBS KNOWS ALOT THAT YOU DO NOT

not one person in any of these discussions watches these qb's in practice EVERY DAY FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS yes I think gibbs has made mistakes since hes been back some i have cursed him for but on this decision you have to back him HE HAS ALL THE INFO WE DO NOT all we see is games from a fan standpoint that is a limited sample set that we cannot draw accurate conclusions from

for example many do not notice ramsey pat the ball before a throw alerting the defense to his every pass and we dont have acess to the tape which shows his assesment of downfield recievers on every play(we are limited by camera view). We do not know how good he cycles through his checkdowns. We do not know how good he is in deciphering defenses or seeing potential blitzes. we dont know his demeanor and leadership skills in the huddle or on the sidelines

I c ould go on forever on all the small things that we do not know that gibbs and staff does TRUST THEM

I stick by Gibbs no matter what. If it weren't for him, this team would have 0 Lombardi trophies. That said, given the 3 QB's he has right now, I can't see why he would choose MB over PR. It's painfully obvious MB is not going to lead this team to the promise land. I do believe the team has a much better chance of getting there with PR at the helm. Removing PR from the picture, Joe might as well start Campbell. He can't do any worse than MB and it's quite possible he COULD do better. Gibbs has this thing about veteran QB's and because of this, he seems to give them the benefit of the doubt in questionable situations.

it's gotta be as others have mentioned...neither.

If your a Skins fan you root for the team. Gibbs is a big person in this team's history...but when it all comes down at the end of the day he is only one part of all of it.

I root for the team.

I love what Gibbs has done for us in the past, I don't agree with a lot of his choices since coming back....but if he wins great. If leaves so be it....

Hail Skins.

Archived