Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are NFL refs biased against the 'Skins?

JimmiJo

Okay doubters, list another team that has had as many game changing penalties that took points off the board, or prevent a team from getting in scoring position they deserved, especially in close games, as the Redskins have had the past 20 games.... hell list a team who has had half as many go against them

Is this same thread created every single week?

mookie -- are you SERIOUS??? You are supposed to be a Skins fan...but the more of your posts I read, the more I think you are a Dallas fan in disguise. The play on Ramsey would have been a penalty in the WWE. It was ridiculous. The offensive pass-interference call against Cooley was RIDICULOUS. It was NOT a push-off. Period.

answer me this....

snyone remeber a game where the officiating went our way in awhile..I'm talking quite a few years now. Even games like this wher we win i'm complaining about the calls.

I watched the Cooley call on a dvd recording and it was legit. He seemed to push off. (but does anyone doubt if it wasvice versa it would have been called?).

The Ramsey PF was rediculious but I asked the question at the time since he ahd the ball should it be called?..But I got my answer in the dallas game when San Diego got called for way less. (blow to the head) and Bledsoe still had the ball.

Cowboys had 3 TD drives all extended by ticky tack calls.

those are the facts..whether or not it's bias remains to be seen but for me it's week in and week out we see this. We got the win though and in the end that's what matters for this game.

Okay doubters, list another team that has had as many game changing penalties that took points off the board, or prevent a team from getting in scoring position they deserved, especially in close games, as the Redskins have had the past 20 games.... hell list a team who has had half as many go against them

tell me about it..

the law of averges says if it's not bias we'd have a few go our way right?

ain't happening..

No, the refs are not biased against the Redskins.

As much as you may not want to believe it, every team has a few stories where the refs made a bad call that decided a game. The refs are human as well and do make mistakes. What you have to realize is that when refs make a call, they do so knowing that one side or another is going to be upset with it. They can't please everybody.

Yes, the refs missed some obvious calls and were rather horrible. Whatever the reason for it was, it was not because of some hidden agenda against the refs. What reason do you really think that these refs could have for calling against you intentionally?

In the science of psychology, it is an accepted fact that humans generally tend to remember instances that support their ideas and superstitutions and tend to forget ones that don't. I'm positive the Redskins probably have a few instances where they got a call in their favor.

Yes, I know what your feeling, we all get annoying with ref calls. The Giants had the playoff game against the 49ers where the league had to apologize because the refs ended the game on defensive penalty while the Giants still could have won. Yes, the referees can make awful calls, but it is not because there is some conspiracy against the Skins.

Hey, you're one to talk, O CowFan.

How many Dallas third-and-fifteen incompletions today turned into gift first downs against San Diego today courtesy of the Pokes on the field wearing stripes? Four? Five? By the end of the game, you could see the refs loosening the flags in their pockets on Cowboy third down plays so's they'd whip out of their pockets in a smooth, fluid manner...

we're not the only ones that think this...

NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8834880

Play you might have missed

With the Chargers leading 24-21 midway through the fourth quarter, the Cowboys faced third-and-16 from the San Diego 37. Drew Bledsoe completed a short crossing pass to Terry Glenn who was only able to get eight yards before being pushed out of bounds. However, Chargers DB Quentin Jammer was called for defensive holding. About 10 yards downfield, he grabbed the jersey of tight end Jason Witten -- who wasn't even in on the play! -- and the 5-yard penalty gave Dallas an automatic first down. Six plays and over three minutes later the 'Boys were in the end zone.

End result: Cowboys 28, Chargers 24

hey the truth is the truth...

I watched the Cooley call on a dvd recording and it was legit. He seemed to push off. (but does anyone doubt if it wasvice versa it would have been called?).

You might want to watch it again. He was held on the play. And then he tried to break away from the hold rather than stand there and be held. It's either a hold on the defense or a no call - plain and simple.

we're not the only ones that think this...

NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8834880

Play you might have missed

With the Chargers leading 24-21 midway through the fourth quarter, the Cowboys faced third-and-16 from the San Diego 37. Drew Bledsoe completed a short crossing pass to Terry Glenn who was only able to get eight yards before being pushed out of bounds. However, Chargers DB Quentin Jammer was called for defensive holding. About 10 yards downfield, he grabbed the jersey of tight end Jason Witten -- who wasn't even in on the play! -- and the 5-yard penalty gave Dallas an automatic first down. Six plays and over three minutes later the 'Boys were in the end zone.

End result: Cowboys 28, Chargers 24

hey the truth is the truth...

one more thing on this play that wasn't mentioned here.

did anyone else notice that the flag came out so damn late..it wasn't until after he was out of bounds with no first down, then oops hankie! lol

You might want to watch it again. He was held on the play. And then he tried to break away from the hold rather than stand there and be held. It's either a hold on the defense or a no call - plain and simple.

well I'll watch it again but there were two pair of eyes not just mine that agreed with this assessment.

My real point is this call would have never been called against another team in the league period.

the instant replay from Fox was a joke for sure!!!!

No, the refs are not biased against the Redskins.

As much as you may not want to believe it, every team has a few stories where the refs made a bad call that decided a game. The refs are human as well and do make mistakes. What you have to realize is that when refs make a call, they do so knowing that one side or another is going to be upset with it. They can't please everybody.

Yes, the refs missed some obvious calls and were rather horrible. Whatever the reason for it was, it was not because of some hidden agenda against the refs. What reason do you really think that these refs could have for calling against you intentionally?

In the science of psychology, it is an accepted fact that humans generally tend to remember instances that support their ideas and superstitutions and tend to forget ones that don't. I'm positive the Redskins probably have a few instances where they got a call in their favor.

Yes, I know what your feeling, we all get annoying with ref calls. The Giants had the playoff game against the 49ers where the league had to apologize because the refs ended the game on defensive penalty while the Giants still could have won. Yes, the referees can make awful calls, but it is not because there is some conspiracy against the Skins.

yes every team has a few over a few years.... but name another team that has had so many over so few games?

when you have other teams fans notice it, when you have writers comment on it.... makes you wonder.

Of course the refs give us the raw end of it...it's perfectly blatant.

Besides the brutal hit on Ramsey that went unflagged, Urlacher CLEARLY horse-collar tackled Portis later in the game with no call at all. Portis even made the flag throwing gesture to emphasize the point when he got up.

Last years greenbay game did it for me. I don't remember when the flag came out, but I imagine it was sometime between "touchdown" and washington" when portis flew into the endzone.

Does anyone think the Saints got some calls today? They really suck, and it looked to me that they got some huge calls in their favor today

Dude, chill out.

The refs will miss some calls, and that's just the way the games goes. You can't do anything about it.

The Redskins get plenty of "ghost" calls from the refs too, but those never seem to get mentioned.

Yes, they did miss some calls especially when Ramsy got the crap kicked out of him with that close-line I heard. Here is Ramsy on the sidelines after the hit!

4861048_7_2.jpg

who remembers the game where the ref made such a bad call against us at home, that the other refs made the ref go stand by himself on the other side of field while the rest of them discussed it. We chanted fire him and other angry things. It was so precious watching that guy just kick grass, while the other refs tried to figure out what to do about it. If I remember correctly they said he was a dumb ass, not a challenge review just damn you suck as a ref intervention.

Its about time they pony up the dough and have professional refs, whose livelyhood is to ref games.

Archived