Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN calling out Joe Theisman

budski

of all the people on the networks and ESPN, Theismann is the only one other than Ron Jaworski that really knows anything about how an NFL offense works. He thinks this year's team has the back, line and receivers to make Ramsey comfortable and ultimately successful................

I don't see how that position is that assailable given some of the teams that have recently made the Super Bowl. Tampa, Carolina, Baltimore, Giants (2000). None of these teams had dominant talent on the offensive side of the ball (with the exception of Jamal Lewis) and none had a franchise quarterback.

Here's the one problem with all these other "experts" who scoff at Joey T's prediction. They seem to assume he's making this prediction based solely on the fact he's a former Redskin QB and played under Joe Gibbs.

They fail to acknowledge that Joe has spent alot of time out at Redskin Park. He's talked to the players, he's talked to the coaches. What if Joe Gibbs...a man he respects (who doesn't.....oh wait Steve Czaban) has told Joey T that this team is going to be really really good? What if the other coaches have also confided in Joey T that they agree?

Not saying this is the case, just saying that Theismann has been out there and knows the inner workings of this team.

This of course is in stark contrast to John Riggins, who folks in the media seem to call upon to talk about the Redskins and yet he's never stepped foot inside Redskin Park. So Riggins trashes the Redskins and he's "objective" and Joey T is being a "homer"?

To quote Cyndi Lauper....."The mind boggles sometimes".

ESPN has been all over Joe for picking the skins this year although

Mortenson said hes got them as a sleeper. Joe is supposed to be

on the dan patrick show next.

I think Joe knows something most dont.

I little bit of information for you guys, in 2001, he picked the Pats over the Rams in the SB. The only two pundits to pick the Pats were Joe and Wanda Sykes on HBO's inside the NFL. Theismann got laughed at then as well, but of course you read all the papers after the game and the writers were saying they thought the Pats would win :doh:

This is good karma :)

Lets see...who's opinion will you take?

Joey T's who has been at every pre-season game except for the first one, at Redskins Park, at pracitices etc, and is a superbowl champion QB, and a Redskins Homer?

OR...

Fat Len P's opinion who what? watched the pre-pre-season scrimage and probably the highlights of the pre-season games channel surfing during commerical breaks on the food network? oh, and is a Steelers Homer?

I think Joe made a seriously huge homer pick.

However, it's not like he picks the Redskins to do this well every year. And he must know he's taking a BIG risk with his credibility, being a former Skin, to go out on a limb like that. So there must be some reason beyond the fact that he used to be a Redskin. He knows Gibbs better than most, and maybe he's seen something in this team that looks ... familiar. I don't know.

But it sure does look like a huge homer pick.

Lets see...who's opinion will you take?

Joey T's who has been at every pre-season game except for the first one, at Redskins Park, at pracitices etc, and is a superbowl champion QB, and a Redskins Homer?

OR...

Fat Len P's opinion who what? watched the pre-pre-season scrimage and probably the highlights of the pre-season games channel surfing during commerical breaks on the food network? oh, and is a Steelers Homer?

Come on guys, it's painfully obvious that Fatty P knows more about the Skins after watching thier scrimmage than Joey T could know from being around all preseason. :doh:

I would not be surprised if Theisman was fired for picking anyone other than the Iggles to go to the Super Bowl, seeing as how the ESPN "experts" basically every year just predict the previous year's standings and then move one team in each division a spot in either direction. And then every year they are just baffled over teams like San Diego who go beyond their expectations (last year's standings) even though there's a team or two like this every year. That's funny that a guy who tries to pick this year's breakout team gets torched by the rest of the ESPN crew. Or maybe it is simply because he said Redskins?

Archived