Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 5...

halter91

Five teams that'll be just awful

1. 49ers — The team was ready to make the first overall pick in this year's draft, Alex Smith, its starting quarterback. That is, until the guy who the 49ers were looking to replace clearly outplayed Smith in the preseason. Now, Smith will have to learn from the sidelines, which isn't an ideal place for a team clearly in rebuilding mode. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are NFL teams. There's a long way to go to repair this once-proud franchise.

2. Dolphins — Given the opportunity to select the best quarterback in the draft besides Alex Smith, Miami opted to pick a running back. With Ricky Williams returning from his bizarre off-season of finding himself (smoking cannabis) and holistic healing, the Dolphins now seem to have an embarrassment of riches at running back. Well, that'll only be the case when Williams is done serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. When Williams comes back, the Dolphins could be 0-4. This is because of the team's complete lack of quality at the quarterback position. Miami continues to struggle to fill that spot with anybody good since the retirement of Dan Marino.

3. Browns — Much of this team's hope vanished when Kellen Winslow went joy-riding on a motorcycle. Romeo Crennel is on board as the new head coach, but it's going to take some time for him to eliminate the garbage that contributed to this team's 4-12 debacle of a year ago. In reality, the Browns are essentially starting over for the third time in the team's new seven-year history. That's a lot of transition, and Browns fans are crossing their fingers hoping that Crennel and Cleveland is the combination that will finally work out.

4. Titans — The days of Tennessee-as-playoff regular are long over. Steve McNair is still chucking passes, but this team has little hope in the loaded AFC South. Unfortunately, the glory days of 1999-2003 have caught up to the Titans, and the team gave into its salary cap woes and came to terms with the league's money management system. This team has clearly entered the dreaded "rebuilding" mode.

5. Redskins — The NFL Joe Gibbs returned to last season is very different from the NFL he left after the 1992 season. Safety Sean Taylor couldn't stay out of trouble and linebacker Lavar Arrington can't stay healthy. Those two are Washington's best players. Elsewhere, Redskins fans long for a day when starting quarterback Patrick Ramsey is carrying a clipboard.

What a crock of ****. Those, so called "experts" will be eating their words come this year. :point2sky

LOL at people underestimating the Titans... they do have McNair. When have they NOT been competitive when he's playing?

Also Miami... they'll be tougher than most think. I expect them to play spoiler roles in the AFC East this year... being the team NOBODY wants to play.

I'm going to leave the skins stuff to everyone else.....

This article is awful. While Miami will be terrible, they did adequately replace Dan Marino. Granted, Jay Fiedler isn't a superstar, but he led the dolphins to the playoffs a couple of seasons, and they would've been good last year had Ricky not quit. It was just an unecessary (and incorrect) shot.

I would also like to know who wrote this, because I want to email that website & get a job there. I don't think I can be any worse.......

I'm going to leave the skins stuff to everyone else.....

This article is awful. While Miami will be terrible, they did adequately replace Dan Marino. Granted, Jay Fiedler isn't a superstar, but he led the dolphins to the playoffs a couple of seasons, and they would've been good last year had Ricky not quit. It was just an unecessary (and incorrect) shot.

I would also like to know who wrote this, because I want to email that website & get a job there. I don't think I can be any worse.......

Miami's Oline isn't very good and their D hasn't gotten any better (probably worse) the last couple season with the losses of Surtain and Ogunleye.

5. Redskins — The NFL Joe Gibbs returned to last season is very different from the NFL he left after the 1992 season. Safety Sean Taylor couldn't stay out of trouble and linebacker Lavar Arrington can't stay healthy. Those two are Washington's best players. Elsewhere, Redskins fans long for a day when starting quarterback Patrick Ramsey is carrying a clipboard. :laugh:

Well I have too raise the B-S Flag on this one!!! :bsflag:

:point2sky HAIL TO THE REDSKINS :point2sky

:helmet: GO SKINS!!! :helmet:

LOL at people underestimating the Titans... they do have McNair. When have they NOT been competitive when he's playing?

Also Miami... they'll be tougher than most think. I expect them to play spoiler roles in the AFC East this year... being the team NOBODY wants to play.

i dunno man, last season, looked like Billy Volek was doing better than MacNair (MacNair effed up one of my fantasy leagues).

Seriously, what are you guys expecting? We went 6-10 last year and on paper you could argue that we got worse over the offseason. Around the league the perception is that we lost two potential future probowlers in Smoot and Pierce, downgraded at WR and Ram looked horrible in preseason.

Until this team starts to win this isn't going to change and you might just do yourself a favor by ignoring that drivel and enjoying the games on Sunday.

yep, we downgraded at wide receiver by getting healthy players that catch the ball :rolleyes:

if Smoot and Pierce are pro bowl caliber players how come they didn't make the pro bowl? :)

let's face it with Brian Urlacher hurt, the NFC had a dearth of pro bowl candidates at middle linebacker and Jeremiah Trotter based on NINE games worth of action was able to put himself in as the STARTER in the pro bowl?

I think Pierce played well, but he also had a helluva pair of run-stuffing tackles playing in front of him.

Is Antonio Pierce who did not make the pro bowl worth as much under the cap as a fellow linebacker in Marcus Washington that made it as a starter?

Sean Taylor and LaVar Arrington are not the two best FOOTBALL players on the Redskins, at least not right now.

What they may very well be are the two best athletes pound for pound.

I am surprised that any writer would not be able to differentiate between the two.

Taylor looks like he is on his way to becoming a top safety. He is not there yet.

Arrington is working his way back to being a starter on the Redskins, forget for a moment returning to the pro bowl.

Right now the three 'must have' players on this defense are Cornelius Griffin, Marcus Washington and Shawn Springs.

Really, any idiot that watched the games would know that :D

Seriously, what are you guys expecting? We went 6-10 last year and on paper you could argue that we got worse over the offseason. Around the league the perception is that we lost two potential future probowlers in Smoot and Pierce, downgraded at WR and Ram looked horrible in preseason.

Until this team starts to win this isn't going to change and you might just do yourself a favor by ignoring that drivel and enjoying the games on Sunday.

Argue it then. Show me where we got worse on paper. I want someone to show me this. Everyone says it. Is it because of Smoot and Pierce. I hope not because they were marginal at best. We get back a pro bowl linbeack and we add the best DB in college last year. We get back John Jansen and we we sign the number one free agent center of the offseason. We have 5 potential pro bowlers on our offensive line who are coached by the best offensive line coach to ever walk a sideline. Come on. Stop defending the media for hating and just being lazy.

I also don't want to hear the 6-10 arguement. We were in every game. If we were completely outmatched in every game last year I would say this year won't be promising. We were in every game last year and beat ourselves in 4. That won't be happening this year. The complainers are gone. Those who don't work hard aren't here anymore. It is going to be a lot of fun watching the crow buffet this year. As far as I am concerned Peter King, Len Fatstabelly and the guy who puked out this article can choke on their crow.

the more appropriate argument might be that if this is based on how teams finished up in 2004 for a barometer than how can the 6-10 Cowboys and Giants be picked in other polls of mediots to be playoff caliber? :)

the Giants are depending upon a young quarterback who has still not learned the league yet. they have a so-so offensive line and a 32 year old running back. their defense has perhaps the fewest potential pro bowlers of any of the East teams.

the Cowboys went through exactly the same kind of offseason roster turnover that the Redskins and other team have gone through in recent years, and in almost if not all of those cases the volume of turnover was looked at as a negative, at least in that first season of trying to get everyone on the same page and playing together as a team.

It is going to be a lot of fun watching the crow buffet this year.

crow buffet - that's classic :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am so sick of the so called experts saying Dallas has greatly improved and will make the playoffs while the Redskins didn't do anything to improve from their 6-10 season and will be in the basement. We'll see starting Sunday!

Argue it then. Show me where we got worse on paper. I want someone to show me this. Everyone says it. Is it because of Smoot and Pierce. I hope not because they were marginal at best. We get back a pro bowl linbeack and we add the best DB in college last year. We get back John Jansen and we we sign the number one free agent center of the offseason. We have 5 potential pro bowlers on our offensive line who are coached by the best offensive line coach to ever walk a sideline. Come on. Stop defending the media for hating and just being lazy.

I also don't want to hear the 6-10 arguement. We were in every game. If we were completely outmatched in every game last year I would say this year won't be promising. We were in every game last year and beat ourselves in 4. That won't be happening this year. The complainers are gone. Those who don't work hard aren't here anymore. It is going to be a lot of fun watching the crow buffet this year. As far as I am concerned Peter King, Len Fatstabelly and the guy who puked out this article can choke on their crow.

Why should I argue anything, did you read my post?

yep, we downgraded at wide receiver by getting healthy players that catch the ball :rolleyes:

if Smoot and Pierce are pro bowl caliber players how come they didn't make the pro bowl? :)

let's face it with Brian Urlacher hurt, the NFC had a dearth of pro bowl candidates at middle linebacker and Jeremiah Trotter based on NINE games worth of action was able to put himself in as the STARTER in the pro bowl?

Stop, stop, you're making way to much sense.

You guys just gotta take this stuff in stride. Just look at their canned responses. If you've read one prediction by one of these clowns you've read them all. None of them payed any attention to any actual improvement we've shown over the preseason. They just look at us on paper and make their judgements based on last year.

Once we blow up they'll change their tune. Let them all predict we'll suck. It'll be just that much sweeter when we prove them wrong.

Archived