Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saints should go where?

pR0JEkT 21

san antonio, they've already given a promise for sellouts in every game. And honestly, texas is crazy about football, no doubt in my mind they'd get it done, either.

I don't think Vegas is the place (do they even have a pro level field?) Plus you know the NFL is touchy about all things gambling related, although they turn a blind eye to it....

I heard on a TV show the other day that the Saints are subsidized by the state of Louisiana. The state won't have enough money for the team and the team will have to find a new home. Louisiana now has more important things to spend its money on. Send the team to L.A. they have to change the name to something else. Then New Orleans can still own the name "Saints". This will allow New Orleans to be able to use the name again way down the road, if they are able to get a team again.

I heard on a TV show the other day that the Saints are subsidized by the state of Louisiana. The state won't have enough money for the team and the team will have to find a new home. Louisiana now has more important things to spend its money on. Send the team to L.A. they have to change the name to something else. Then New Orleans can still own the name "Saints". This will allow New Orleans to be able to use the name again way down the road, if they are able to get a team again.

Benson is paid 25 million a year to keep them there from what I read.

Benson has been trying to leave for years.

LA is welcome to him imo.

I thought it was San Antonio he'd been flirting with for years.

Regardless, realistically it will be almost impossible to stay in NO. Even if the Superdome can be saved it will take a lot of reconstruction, and will carry bad memories forever. And who will go to the games? It will be years (if ever) before there is a city-sized population back in the area, esp one with disposable cash for football games. In the meantime they have to play someplace, and if its clear this is only temporary you won't get much of a crowd at the games.

Archived