Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Sportsline Power Rankings

ratbert_rizzo

Disagree. We'll be in the 10 or 15 if we start out that hot. They'll keep making comments like "yeah, they're starting well, but how long will it last? Gibbs can't keep this up, defenses will catch on."

They'll put us in the top 5 or 10 only when they absolutely HAVE to...

Fine, but that wasn't my point.

If we have a good season and make it to the playoffs, we'll be ranked high enough to appease those of you who care about the rankings.

As for me, I won't care if we're still ranked 29th if we have a good season!

"Are they still salivating all over Joe Gibbs now? Or is only a year away from Greg Williams, a guy we respect a great deal, taking over as coach?"

So this means he has no respect for Gibbs? People pay this clown to write this crap!

That got me too. I can't believe anyone shows a HOF head coach like this. I think Gibbs is conveniently flying under the radar just the way he likes it. I'm going to laugh when teams realize Gibbs' playbook is a lot more deep than they expect. Our offense will not be our achilles heel this year. In many ways, it has the ability to outperform our defense. IF our O-line can play true to form for the entire season, Philly will now have to peek over their shoulder for the NFC East Crown. And no, I'm not being just a homer. That line can move mountains, and with the backfield we have this year, we are going to punish any defense's interior. And when they start sending 8 in the box, Moss is going to fly and put up career numbers. I'm so excited. I'm so happy it's almost here.

It's hillarious how the so called "experts" are just about unanimously claiming that the Redskins will suck hard in 05.

Just looking at the team for a few minutes and seeing what has changed tells you that this team is no worse than last seasons even if Ramsey and Brunell both play bad. But the "experts" don't see that.

I want to know where these people get the title of "expert" from? I know that i pick better than about 75-100% of them every year and I don't even get to watch that much football.

They picked the Chargers at 32nd at the start of last season. Every year they are way off on about 5-10 teams.

How the H$ll did we go from #22 in February to #29 after a meaningless pre-season? In pre-season game #3, we pretty much beat the hell out of pittsburgh in the first half.

Plus, they hit many many more plays for greater than 20 yards than last year's pre-season or season for that matter. APierce was very good, but he was a fill in to a system that GWilliams set up. Smoot was good, but not great. And to trash on JoeGibbs is ridiculous...the current players say the guy is so steady and commited, compared to what we've had in the past. Prisco should rename himself to Crisco, as in shortening, because he's been puttin too much of that stuff on a broomstick and shoving it somewhere he has no business putting it.

Many of you on this board remember how well Gibbs would make half-time adjustments to win games in the second half. That's all the proof I need to know he quickly learns what does and doesn't work in the nfl. The offseason is a long halftime so don't kid yourselves into thinking Joe has not used it very wisely. Long live Joe Gibbs!

You can rank us 32nd for all I care. Besides why ask for the respect when you haven't earned any. I'm happy with a low ranking so we can sneak up on some teams this year alla S.D. The only think respect does for you is make other teams prepare better. I'll let Joe Gibbs do the preparing.

Just compare these two:

"Nick Saban will turn this team around. It will take time, particularly with the quarterback situation he has."

and another one

"Are they still salivating all over Joe Gibbs now? Or is it only a year away from Gregg Williams, a guy we respect a great deal, taking over as coach?"

So Nick Saban who's never been a head coach in NFL will succeed, but Gibbs just keeps the seat worm for another coach.

What am I missing?!

else

"quality coach like Jon Gruden to get this team into the playoffs."

or

"Tom Coughlin went to the playoffs in his second year in Jacksonville. Can he do it in New York? They'll threaten."

So when someone went to playoff in his career as head coach

he deserves consideration, but Gibbs who won 3 SB...

There should be some logic, .. or shouldn't?

Archived