Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Wide Receivers a little fed up?

DCFD RAYMER FAN

Originally posted by RunPortisRun

I think Ramsey made alot of bad reads. On the INT to Thrash there was a man open at the goal line in the middle of the field. Wide open.

Also, anyone notice how Ramsey and Brunell completely ignore Campbell on the sidelines? Butt Buddies.

:doh:

Originally posted by Bigredskin77

Santana Moss had a chance to take one to the house and he was pusse footin on his route, i dont know if you guys saw it but i think it was on our second series on offense and Ramsey threw a nice pass but since it was perfectly thrown Santana gave up on the route.

i think he lost it in the lights, cus i think thas the one where he looked up, but neverl ooked down.

Patten and Moss were clearly upset with Ramsey after various throws. Them defending him/praising him during interviews is meaningless. I mean, what did you expect them to say? "Sweet Jesus, Heath Shuler made better decisions and he was literally retarded."

They're good soldiers, good teammates, and are probably like a lot of us: hoping for the best from PR, but definitely concerned at the same time.

Originally posted by TheSteve

How about no? Moss seemed fine on the sideline interview.

Yeah Moss seemed perfectly happy and was saying the sooner him, Patten, and Ramsey all get on the same page they are gonna start blowing people up.

Then right after he did that he walked over to Portis and i think the other guy was Ryan Clark and he put his arm around both of them.

and when Ramsey throws a TD right on a line to Moss and he drops it, don't you think #11 will be pissed? :laugh:

hey, if there is somebody out there that is 100% perfect and never makes a mistake maybe the Redskins can sign him? :D

the receivers should shut up and play.

if anyone has a right to complain it is the defense!

they gave up 16 points per game last season and it only netted the team SIX wins!

This is the dumbest thread. You could say the same thing about Ramsey being pissed at the receivers. "He looked visibly pissed after Moss stopped running."

Moss's interview during the game was great. DGreen interviewed him and Moss said more or less. Pat's playing great, we just need to get on the same page and we are going to start playing great. DGreen asked him to compare it to Pennington and Moss said that Ramsey can get the ball down the field, inferring that Pennington can't.

It takes time for WR's and QB's to gel. Obviously Thrash and Patton are getting on board with Pat quicker than Moss, but I am not concerned. Let's keep practicing and getting better.

Originally posted by DCFD RAYMER FAN

Noticed after a Ramsey over-throw in the second quarter that Moss was visibly PISSED as he and Patten jogged off the field. Anybody at the game last night see this? Seemed that the WR were wide open all night, and the OL did an excellent job again.

Ummmm . . . how about the fact that everyone's getting used to one another? And I seriously doubt that Patten is complaining given his 109 yards in the first half. And as for Moss, if he's pissed, he'd better work on things like tracking balls in the lights. If he did on that one play in the first quarter, he would've had a sure, long TD.

Getting pissed at each other is one thing. How it is handled is another. Ramsey needs to take the leadership role. After one first half missed third down Ramsey came off the field gesturing at either Moss or Patten right in front of the coaches and team and then walked the opposite direction to talk to Brunell.

I would have thought more of Ramsey if he had quietly approached his receivers and talked with them and gotten the miscommunication straightened out. So would they.

Originally posted by Bigredskin77

Santana Moss had a chance to take one to the house and he was pusse footin on his route, i dont know if you guys saw it but i think it was on our second series on offense and Ramsey threw a nice pass but since it was perfectly thrown Santana gave up on the route.

Yeah, I saw it. I was in the upper deck, and it was clear he gave up on the route. If he had kept his momentum - he was gone for six - EASY!

None of this had anything to do with players being pissed at other players you freaking morons. It was simple frustration at not quite getting it right yet, and the error was on both sides as they get used to each other.

The play you refer to where Moss missed an overthrown ball, it was not overthrow. Moss could have reached it esily had he seen it. You can tell from body language when someone gets alligator arms and that had nothing to do with this play. He simply did not see the ball. His reaction when the ball hits the ground right behind hem said everything you need to know. If he was frustrated at anyone, it was himself. More likely he was just frustrated by the missed opportunity.

Originally posted by RunPortisRun

Moss stopped running because he saw that safty coming across...nothing to do with the lights. He pulled a Pinkston.

Moss is a good receiver, but tough he is not. Whether or not that's what happened on that particular play, this sort of thing is what can be frustrating about him. Inability to make catches were hard contact is likely, or failing to fight for tough yards after the catch.

In Pennington's interview last night he gushed about having WRs this year who are real players, nasty and physical. After Coles caught 6 balls in the first half, including a 20-yd TD in which he broke double coverage, and another tough one in traffic, Pennington's remark certainly resonated.

Moss is fast though. So, provided Patrick's strong arm is complemented with a fair degree of accuracy, the potential for big plays is there.

Flow's right. Moss will give us some big plays, but he'll also pu$$ out once in a while -- in that regard, Coles he is not.

Patten on the other hand -- well the guy just looks like a beast so far. Tough as nails, and can get some real separation.

Archived