Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Wide Receivers a little fed up?

DCFD RAYMER FAN

Originally posted by RunPortisRun

Moss stopped running because he saw that safty coming across...nothing to do with the lights. He pulled a Pinkston.

Huh?! You're just making stuff up now. Moss was looking up and had the "where's the ball stare" that outfielders get when they when they lose a fly ball in the lights or the sun. Like most outfielders do when that occurs, they slow down hoping that they're in the vicinity of the ball so that when the ball does appear they can make a half-ass atttempt at catching it.

Originally posted by Flowtrain

Moss is a good receiver, but tough he is not. Whether or not that's what happened on that particular play, this sort of thing is what can be frustrating about him. Inability to make catches were hard contact is likely, or failing to fight for tough yards after the catch.

In Pennington's interview last night he gushed about having WRs this year who are real players, nasty and physical. After Coles caught 6 balls in the first half, including a 20-yd TD in which he broke double coverage, and another tough one in traffic, Pennington's remark certainly resonated.

Moss is fast though. So, provided Patrick's strong arm is complemented with a fair degree of accuracy, the potential for big plays is there.

We'll see how each WR does this year. We're happy with Moss right now. As for Coles, good luck with his toe. He won't get surgery on it and he'll just rely on cortisone shots to make it better. At six catches and 57 yards, he's got that less than 10 yards per catch average he had last year. (Don't know, however, if he had a better ypc in a prior game, if any.)

Originally posted by goldenster95

As for Coles, good luck with his toe. He won't get surgery on it and he'll just rely on cortisone shots to make it better. At six catches and 57 yards, he's got that less than 10 yards per catch average he had last year.

G95 - I can understand that it would be frustrating for you if Coles went on to have a great season. But pointing out last night's 1st half stats as some sort of indication that he may not succeed seems an odd way for you to find comfort.

That's because if you stretch those out over the course of an entire game and then a season, you'd be looking at 190+ catches, 1800+ yards and 32 TDs. So, you see why I'm not concerned.

More directly to your point, Coles YPC last night was a result of Chad dumping off to his WR on 4 plays when a safety valve was sought, and 2 additional catches of 19 and 20 yards. Coles had gains of 20+ yds only 10 times all season last year and he nearly did it twice in one half of play last night.

I guess we'll just wait and see if he keeps it up.

Originally posted by bulldog

and when Ramsey throws a TD right on a line to Moss and he drops it, don't you think #11 will be pissed? :laugh:

hey, if there is somebody out there that is 100% perfect and never makes a mistake maybe the Redskins can sign him? :D

the receivers should shut up and play.

if anyone has a right to complain it is the defense!

they gave up 16 points per game last season and it only netted the team SIX wins!

TRUE!

Flow,

I agree that Chad and Coles have a good chemistry. I would say that right now Chad is clearly the better QB. He has won in this league and been to the playoffs...there's no arguing that. And I may be a little peeved to see him play well this year. But, I would say the good money is on Coles not making it through a healthy and therefore productive season.

Originally posted by Flowtrain

G95 - I can understand that it would be frustrating for you if Coles went on to have a great season. But pointing out last night's 1st half stats as some sort of indication that he may not succeed seems an odd way for you to find comfort.

That's because if you stretch those out over the course of an entire game and then a season, you'd be looking at 190+ catches, 1800+ yards and 32 TDs. So, you see why I'm not concerned.

More directly to your point, Coles YPC last night was a result of Chad dumping off to his WR on 4 plays when a safety valve was sought, and 2 additional catches of 19 and 20 yards. Coles had gains of 20+ yds only 10 times all season last year and he nearly did it twice in one half of play last night.

I guess we'll just wait and see if he keeps it up.

Flow, you'd better do a better job in spotting the heuristic spin that courses through my posts. :laugh:

I don't wish anything bad on Coles. The man was a complete warrior and had good reason to be mad about the dink and dunk offense we had. I was and still am -- as you should be -- concerned that his toe may never heal or be 100%. And if it's a degenerative condition, which I understand it to be, you outta watch out.

Santana Moss had a chance to take one to the house and he was pusse footin on his route, i dont know if you guys saw it but i think it was on our second series on offense and Ramsey threw a nice pass but since it was perfectly thrown Santana gave up on the route.

This was the one that Moss lost in the lights. If you recall he waived his hand after the play basicallly signalling to himself. You could tell he didn't see it because he didn't even stretch for it. It would have been a touch because it was a well thrown ball.

Santana Moss had a chance to take one to the house and he was pusse footin on his route, i dont know if you guys saw it but i think it was on our second series on offense and Ramsey threw a nice pass but since it was perfectly thrown Santana gave up on the route.

It was the third series I think and he either gave up on it or thought he wasn't getting the ball. That was a sure TD if he ran it out. The recievers were open all game. They were getting incredible seperation.

I don't think they are that pissed now, but if Ramsey continues to make poor decisions come the regular season, I'm sure they won't be happy.

I'm also sure they won't vent it out in the media though.

I agree...there is no way they will start spouting off to the media in the preseason. Hell, Gardner and Coles didn't even say anything to the media through 9 games of HORRIBLE QB play last year.

Patten and Moss were clearly upset with Ramsey after various throws. Them defending him/praising him during interviews is meaningless. I mean, what did you expect them to say? "Sweet Jesus, Heath Shuler made better decisions and he was literally retarded."

They're good soldiers, good teammates, and are probably like a lot of us: hoping for the best from PR, but definitely concerned at the same time.

:rotflmao: Oh Man...what a sweet post...thanks for the laugh!

Archived