Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dockery is a monster

D'Pablo

I didn't realize the amount of athleticism he has! Did anyone else catch that play where Betts sprung his run to the outside and Dockery pulled for him? Dockery mauled one guy and moved on to the guy right next to him! I thought Betts would get hit for a loss for sure. For the doubters out there, never doubt Buges. He knows his sh!t when it comes to potential all pro linemen.

Originally posted by D'Pablo

I didn't realize the amount of athleticism he has! Did anyone else catch that play where Betts sprung his run to the outside and Dockery pulled for him? Dockery mauled one guy and moved on to the guy right next to him! I thought Betts would get hit for a loss for sure. For the doubters out there, never doubt Buges. He knows his sh!t when it comes to potential all pro linemen.

Yeah that play was great. It was frightening seeing someone that big run like that :laugh:

And last game, he pulled and absolutely CRUSHED some guy on Carolina.

Also, against Carolina, he was pass blocking against Jenkins (I think) and pretty much threw his like a rag doll.

I still have to wonder, with his size, if he wouldn't be more suited to play tackle, but he has definitely stepped it up this year. 'Bout time, as he was starting to look like a bust last year - same errors, poor technique.

Keep it up, Dock!

Originally posted by Joe Sick

And last game, he pulled and absolutely CRUSHED some guy on Carolina.

Also, against Carolina, he was pass blocking against Jenkins (I think) and pretty much threw his like a rag doll.

I still have to wonder, with his size, if he wouldn't be more suited to play tackle, but he has definitely stepped it up this year. 'Bout time, as he was starting to look like a bust last year - same errors, poor technique.

Keep it up, Dock!

yeah, some Oakland fans I was chilling with were like, "why isn't he playing tackle at that size?"

Our whole line is playing monstrous. Rabach really just has this whole line gelled. They have a swagger that I think is at least partially attributable to the return of jansen. They are all just blowing people off of the line of scrimmage, and they have me excited for the year, BIG TIME.

The guy was already amazingly strong and big, I think Bugel may have put the big boy in better shape. I think this season might the first time that we won't make any negative comments about our O line. They look like they will be everything we always wanted them to be.

I've always been a fan of Dockery,, he's a road-grader with speed and agility. I think the entire OL has played extremely well in the first two gamess, ESPECIALLY run blocking. The first play of the game last night with Betts and the entire OL mauling forward for 8 yards was a thing of brutish beauty. Nothing special, just line up, hit em in the mouth and shove them backwards. Shades o' the Hogs, there.

Ramsey didn't get to much pressure that he couldn't handle,, they got in on a blitz, and on another play I saw Samuels get flat out beat, but overall, I thought they did well.

I wonder why they were all still in during the third quarter?

~Bang

I've always liked dockery. Last year him and thomas were caught out of position alot because they had to pick up inside blocks shedding of the center. I dont think they will have to worry about this as much this year with rabach in there. Should be a good year for the Dirtbags.

The Dirtbags have the potential to be one the best OL's in football. I believe it was Bostic that stated, from what he's

been told, that Dockery has the potential to be our best

offensive lineman.

Bugel knows OL and that statement says volumes.

I did feel sorry for that one Bengal safety. He came on a blitz

and was picked up by Dockery. No contest there.

I think his balance has improved. I don't know whether that's something Bugel had accomplished or whether training with Samuels has him in the best shape of his life. Last year I thought there were times where he seemed to be playing on roller skates.... often stumbling and giving up leverage at the point of attack.

Last night, he was just punishing guys. It's amazing what a reliable center on one side and a probowl LT on the other can do. When he pulled and mauled those to Bengals I thought.... Geez... he looks just angry out there and he "pawed" those guys like a Grizzley Bear.

Keep up the good work Dock!

yeah i have been VERY impressed with the o-line so far in preseason, especially him. he has dominated every defensive tackle he has faced thusfar this season.

i really think we might have the best o-line in the NFC if this keeps up. i would have said packers but they lost both their guards, and philly lost their other guard i think. i dunno they lost 1 or 2 starters.

".....a monster?!?" Let's slow down a little bit here. Now I know this depends on ones definition of monster. For example, I think LT was a monster, Riggo was a monster, Rice was a monster.

As far as our O'line, I think, we only had 3 "monsters" (starting w/ the 80's)....... McKensie because he could play all 5 spots (the reason we never missed a beat when a hog got hurt), Jacoby (this should be obvious) and Lachey (anyone who could block LT 1 on 1 while he's coming from his natural spot...the left side of the offense...is a monster) b/c he rarely if ever got beat and he required no help.

Now I love what I see w/ Dockery but I must see that level of play for several years, during the regular season/ post season, b4 I can say "monster."

Dockery has the size/skills...Bugel had a quote last pre-season about Dockery having the most potential of any guard he ever coached.....imo Dockery's downfall has always been the mental lapses....penalties in the wrong spot...here's hoping he's matured beyond that and becomes the MONSTER we all know he can be.

Dockery has suffered from:

1) Poor coaching and poor scheme during, 2003, his rookie year;

2) Injuries to Samuels that made Samuels less effective to his left;

3) Poor center play to his right;

4) Changing offensive schemes last year; and

5) Being new to the league in general.

He's now had some continuity and a major upgrade at center and at LT given that Samuels is healthy. We're now seeing him operate without the things that have handicapped him thus far.

Archived