Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey shredding

PREDICTOR

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

I think that if you asked most people that are fans of this team, you wouldn’t find too many that claimed to be “Brunell kissers”. Those of us that supported Gibbs for keeping Brunell in did so because we knew the answer would be Ramsey. Boy did that change make a huge difference.

:rolleyes:

I supported Gibbs to keep Brunell for a large portion of last years games for 2 main reasons:

1. The WR corp. was playing terrible. Remember re-writers of history, it wasn't just Brunell who struggled but Big Toe and 50/50 played pretty lousy and dropped alot of passes.

2. Ramsey looked outright putrid in preseason. I mean Brunell was pretty lousy in last years preseaon but still outplayed Patrick. Remember how many people actually wanted Hasslebeck to start b/c those two looked so bad? Also the fact that Patrick looked bad in the Giants game didn't help. My theory was I'd rather have Patrick learn than to go out and get emotionally crushed while he was adjusting from Spurrier to Gibbs.

If that makes me a "Brunell kisser" so be it, at the time he appeared to be the best option. In 2005, clearly Ramsey is the guy and I'll support him and Gibbs choice. I think he's ready to prove that he has what it takes.

Originally posted by illone

It's not about shredding Ramsey. What baffles me to this day is people who apoligize for the guy as if he is their blood brother or something. I mean up to this point what has he really shown ANY of you guys that warrants sticking up for him like this?

Nobody stuck up for Heath Schuler, or Gus Frerotte. I'm sure a few did but you get the point. Nobody wanted Stan Humphries to stick around for 2-3 more years and "learn the system."

Watching Ramsey play football is a painful experience. To me he is nothing more than a back-up in this league. If you look at the other QBs in the league I would have to put Ramsey right on par with most most back-ups. The only starter who stinks as bad as Ramsey is Joey Harrington. Both guys have similar happy feet and make the same poor decisions. I think Ramsey has a GUN as strong as Favre, but he has no control and even less vision. Staring down receivers works in College ball, especially Conference USA, but not in the NFL.

Great post!

Obviously people are going to criticize Ramsey, but why does everyone hold him to such high standards. Hell, Gibbs was being criticized big time last year and he's won 3 Superbowls. What has Ramsey done thus far to warrant why people act as if he can walk on water.

Also, I don't read every single word in every post, but for the most part, no one is saying we should kill Patrick and rob him or steal his car or whatever.

Most say the same things about him that we have said since he started playing which is happy feet, narrow vision of the field, holds the ball too long, no touch, and no mobility.

These are facts..whether you want to deny them or not, you have to really agree that these are his issues. When he improves in these areas, then he will be better. I for one hope he does, but he hasn't shown consistency in these areas.

Let's hope he starts to show them real quickly or it's gonna get worse (criticism).

When you're irrational and prejudicial and you make emotional statements about someone (negatively) and about anyone who supports them you ARE a hater.

When confronted with facts that should sway, at least to a degree, that mind and you lash out and again, make nearly-personal attacks and insults on those advancing the argument(and the player who has shown nothing but class towards us) then you ARE a hater.

Your emotional issues are not my problem, except in that they pollute the discourse on Extremeskins.

And that you felt the need to call me an 'effin idiot' when I didn't call you a jerk (I said 'you' as in general 'you,' can think someone isnt the answer and not be a jerk about it) displays what really lurks under the surface. You've been a big pretender since the start and facts don't seem to faze you whatsoever.

But I surely didn't use masked profanity and directly call you a name. Though you likely deserve it.

Oh, and I can't put you on ignore. You're some form of admin or moderator.

Just because I don't carry Ramseys jock strap in my mouth like yourself, it does not make me a hater.

For the very last time assclown, I feel Ramsey does not have the tools to be good enough in the NFL. It does not make me a hater, it makes me Non believer.

For the last time put me on ignor you effin idiot.

F' it, I'm retarted.

Just because I don't carry Ramseys jock strap in my mouth like yourself, it does not make me a hater.

For the very last time assclown, I feel Ramsey does not have the tools to be good enough in the NFL. It does not make me a hater, it makes me Non believer.

For the last time put me on ignor you effin idiot.

I was at the game in Nashville when Ramsey came in for relief of an injured Danny Wuerffel, and led the skins to a 31-14 victory over the Titans during the 2002 season in his first NFL appearance.

At that point, I was hoping that his spontaneously effective performance was a harbringor of many many positive games to come. Unfortunately, as a result of injuries, a coaching change and some frustratingly inconsistent performances, Ramsey has failed to live up to the talent he possesses.

When all is said and done, I do believe that Ramsey will be remembered as an effective qb in the NFL. The question is whether or not that status will be attained in a Washington Redskins uniform or elsewhere.

Sorry to say this but alot of you guys are being straight homers if you can't except people's criticisms of Ramsey. I'm a big Ramsey fan and I personally think he will improve and be adequate enough for our offense to show some life but I can definently except people's criticism.

Alot of you seem to think that If Ramsey had started all 16 games last year then we would've been better. Maybe.

Fact: Ramsey was 3-4 as a starter last year. Thats a losing record. I don't wanna hear anything about Philly or Pittsburg and tough defenses. Under Ramsey our team had a losing record. There are no excuses, you have to be able to beat good teams and good defenses if you want to have a winning season.

We've sucked for the last 3 seasons. Stop making excuses for Ramsey. As a Redskin starter he's 9-13. Spurrier, bad O-Line, lack of Receivers, ok those are good points but is it possible that maybe Ramsey isn't that good either? Especially when there are obvious flaws in his QB'ing. (bad decisions, in-ability to go over the top of defenses, lack of mobility, staring down his recievers etc)

Until he shows the potential I know he has on the field people are gonna criticize.

Chill argue your points on why you think Ramsey will succeed but don't think your point is any more valid than anyone elses.

Originally posted by fansince62

fact#1: we drafted Campbell because the QB position is not locked down as a position of strength for the team - not for depth as some argue.

The agument that we drafted Campbell for depth comes from Gibbs. Is there a reason why we shouldn't believe Gibbs?

fact#2: PR needs to step it up this season and lead the team to victory.

Yes he does.

And until he doesn't do that...why crucify him?

fact#3: PR needs to reduce/eliminate some of his short-comings (presented ad nauseum in other threads) this season. do you believe JG expects otherwise?

Any coach should expect that.

Herrm, herrm, herrm :doh:

Go to webster's and look up the definition of fact. You can then eliminate fact #1 and fact #2.

:lol:

You're right. If Hasselback had started we may have ended up 5-11 or 4-12

Again, I have yet to see anyone say that "Ramsey Sucks" blah blah blah.

Well, that's your fault for not seeing. Ask Chewy what he thinks about Ramsey :)

Just take a look over the threads this past weekend

Scrimmage or not, it's a bad start Convinced Ramsey is not so good Campell Vs. Ramsey

etc.

Quit making excuses for him.

Who's making excuses?

Fact #5 The season hasn't started yet. Pre season hasn't even started yet for us.

Shouldn't people at least wait until he plays a game they actually prepare for before cutting him and forming complete opinions?

Look, I saw Kylel Orton in college and was really impressed with the guy. I thought he would make a good pro some day.

He had a great outing in the first preseason game for the Bears. Is the the be all? No, but I've always trusted my eyes when evaluating talent. I always liked what I saw with him in college -- and yesterday's performance did not disuade me.

The guy has a chance to be a decent quarterback in this league, if only for his ability to read and react quickly. -- a must for NFL success.

Some guys just have something. It's called the "It" factor. I just don't really see that in Patrick.

He's a solid NFL quarterback, but seems to lack the intangibles. He does not seem to react well to the speed of the game -- and the scouting report on him is that he doesn't handle pressure well.

And, thus far, he hasn't. Is Kyle Orton going to be a great quarterback. Of course it's way to early.

However, there's something in him I see already that I don't see in someone like Ramsey.

Patrick to me is Gus Ferrote at his best. Solid journey man quarterback that will play in this league a few years.

Patrick has no excuses after this year. None!

He's going to have to "Show Me."

Originally posted by Newera

Look, I saw Kylel Orton in college and was really impressed with the guy. I thought he would make a good pro some day.

What impressed you more, him choking midway through the season when the Purdue schedule got tougher, or was it him choking in the Sun Bowl? :laugh:

Originally posted by fansince62 skins24...that's what he said publicly....you don't draft a QB in the first round for depth. please...I understand your zeal to protect loved ones....but you are stretching credulity past the point of reason.....

I just finished reading my posts again.

Where do you get off I'm protecting Ramsey?

Waiting to see how Ramsey plays in real games before saying he sucks or saying he can't succeed is stretching credulity (sic) past the point of reason??

How do you figure?

Originally posted by Mooka

Sorry to say this but alot of you guys are being straight homers if you can't except people's criticisms of Ramsey. I'm a big Ramsey fan and I personally think he will improve and be adequate enough for our offense to show some life but I can definently except people's criticism.

Alot of you seem to think that If Ramsey had started all 16 games last year then we would've been better. Maybe.

Fact: Ramsey was 3-4 as a starter last year. Thats a losing record. I don't wanna hear anything about Philly or Pittsburg and tough defenses. Under Ramsey our team had a losing record. There are no excuses, you have to be able to beat good teams and good defenses if you want to have a winning season.

We've sucked for the last 3 seasons. Stop making excuses for Ramsey. As a Redskin starter he's 9-13. Spurrier, bad O-Line, lack of Receivers, ok those are good points but is it possible that maybe Ramsey isn't that good either? Especially when there are obvious flaws in his QB'ing. (bad decisions, in-ability to go over the top of defenses, lack of mobility, staring down his recievers etc)

Until he shows the potential I know he has on the field people are gonna criticize.

Chill argue your points on why you think Ramsey will succeed but don't think your point is any more valid than anyone elses.

Great post.

skins24.....please! I'm not getting off!

we're all waiting to see how he plays. some of us noted past problems and tempered expectations for improvement. others decided to run off with "haters" and every other 3rd grade paper & crayon emotion.

and he has played in games - lots of games. you're using language I haven't employed...I know that much. I never stated he sucked or can't succeed. I expressed concerns and speculated - not uncommon for this board - that he needs to rectify these problems this season or he is out the door....not an unreasonable conclusion.

in the event....I know I have 2 options at the end of every Sunday: enjoy a victory or mope over a defeat. it's pretty easy to do a cost/benefit on this one - regardless of who is QB - and make a choice. you need to keep that in the back of your mind. when it comes game time.....all of us...including folks like me who have been following the team for over 40 years are focused on one thing - our Skins winning.

Archived