Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey shredding

PREDICTOR

It unfair for me to judge Patrick at this point since I haven't seen any practices or the scrimmage since I'm down in Orlando but I try to study Gibbs during interviews to pick up things. Does anyone else notice that Gibbs is quick to talk postive about both Mark and Jason but he struggles and looks uncomfortable speaking about Patrick.? Many of us are speculating how Gibbs really feels about Patrick but pay close attention to what Gibbs says or doesn't say. His energy level always lifts when he speaks about Mark not being done in this league and his excitement about the development of Jason. He really has a difficult time expressing himself when questioned about Patrick's development. None of this is factual but I'm convinced Patrick is going to have a short leash. I'm routing for Patrick but something tells me Patrick understands his position with Gibbs and is just praying he comes out in week 1 with a strong performance.

Originally posted by fansince62

predictor...if you can rise above the level of a 2 year old........listen to what is being said:

- you have adduced no facts only idle chatter about more time being needed as though there was some immutable law for QB development (when the record clearly shows there are rapid learners and there are development cases)

- you have produced a strawman argument - criticize PR and you are a hater. what kind of wuss are you? make your case and move on. you are the one who feels entitled to comment on the posters themselves...you are the one who has adopted the sanctimonious vocie. you are the one who has comically decided that PR needs some voice in the wilderness to defend him.

- my posts and others simply stated there were concerns but that he was due his chance. go back and read the friggin thread. do you need an interpreter? is special sign language required?

- no doubt PR is a great human being and a wonderful person. the evidence is pretty clear in that regard. what has that got to do with a millionaire playing professional sports the sole objective of which is to win?

- "please shut up"?!!! what...are you some sort of brown shirt reincarnate? ok....you must be a democrat...I get it........never mind!

Even as I speak I am attempting to rise above the level of a 2 year old. I really appreciate that advice. I also am trying really hard not to cry since you have figured out I am a wuss. Your posts are so insightful, I find it hard to believe the Washington Post hasn't discovered you yet.

You people can think the way you want to think, I really don't give a rats behind but I think some of you need a lesson in manners.

Calling people an "assclown" or saying somebody needs to come up from "the level of a 2 year old"...just because they disagree with you....well its pretty immature. I thought this board had more class than that as well as higher standards than that.

Some of you aren't here to be Redskins fans, you are apparently here to vent your frustrations from your miserable life. Thank God there are a few normal people on this board who just want to share opinions about the Skins without going overboard.

Originally posted by PREDICTOR

You people can think the way you want to think, I really don't give a rats behind but I think some of you need a lesson in manners.

Calling people an "assclown" or saying somebody needs to come up from "the level of a 2 year old"...just because they disagree with you....well its pretty immature. I thought this board had more class than that as well as higher standards than that.

Some of you aren't here to be Redskins fans, you are apparently here to vent your frustrations from your miserable life. Thank God there are a few normal people on this board who just want to share opinions about the Skins without going overboard.

You raise a valid point. While we may disagree, there's really no need for name calling. We are all 'Skins fans and, while we all want them to succeed, we differ in opinion on who will take us to the next level. If I typed something, Predicto, that you found offensive, I assure you it was in jest. I'm too lazy to look through all six pages, and I hope I did not.;)

Originally posted by SkinFaninOKC

I agree with this statement.

Ramsey will get his chance to fail. That is all Ramsey wants is a chance to prove himself.

I agree as well. As painful as it is to watch him play I do want to win games, just get tired of throwing things at the TV when he makes a boneheaded mistake:doh:

Originally posted by SkinFaninOKC

I agree with this statement.

Ramsey will get his chance to fail. That is all Ramsey wants is a chance to prove himself.

Unfortunately, that's not true. There's two other guys in camp that would disagree with you.

The Redskins themselves show little faith in Ramsey don't they? They trade a relatively high draft pick (3rd rounder) for Mark Brunell and give him a big bonus. They stick with Brunell despite him looking like the worst QB in sometime last year. Then they trade away a lot to draft a QB in the 1st round, something Gibbs has never done before. I know Gibbs has said "Patrick Ramsey is our guy", but do actions speak louder then words here?

I am more then willing to give Ramsey the benefit of the doubt. He stood in like a warrior when Spurrier was throwing him out to get killed. But it appears obvious to me, he regressed at some point. He looked like such a gamer when he first came in under Spurrier, but I havent seen the same player in 1 1/2 seasons. Having the experience of the same system and being the undisputed starter this year should help. But when does it start to get justifiable to start questioning if Ramsey is the QB of the Redskins' future?

I won't worry too much about a controlled scrimmage, but the more reports I hear about Ramsey holding the ball too long, looking undecisive, missing receivers, etc, the more doubt starts to creep in. He's running out of time/excuses IMO.

predictor...you seem *ellbent on prostrating yourself in front of the community as the target of choice. there is the notion that every action provokes a reaction - think of it as a Newtoniian first law of web posting. your posts were sanctimonious and fractious.....you received what you gave and then some. it's rather unbecoming, at this point, for you to be playing Ms Manners, lamenting how the other big, nasty wolves have been gnawing at your red cape.

here's a thought: state your case, make it cogent, keep it as unemotional as possible. no one really cares whther you want to silence the opinions of others - keep those less democratic instincts to yourself. you were out of bounds and learned that the board is populated by folks who don't cower when challenged. you are an easy target - might I suggest you throttle back for awhile and engage in purposeful conversation....another way of stating, quite frankly, that you aren't equipped to sustain these sorts of nasty exchanges (example: while boo hooing for restrained communications, you couldn't help but assert that those who you are having problems with somehow are living miserable lives. what kind of garbage is that? practice what you preach junior).

talk football, treat folks with respect, and you will receive the same in kind. there are going to be differences of opinion - that doesn't mean that those whom you dissagree with are "haters", should shut up, do not support the team, or do not have perspective on where the team is headed. in a word(s): lighten up Francis!

so...PR deserves his shot. he has some faults that need to be corrected. we will all be supporting him when he takes the field this season. what's controversial about that?

Originally posted by illone

It's not about shredding Ramsey. What baffles me to this day is people who apoligize for the guy as if he is their blood brother or something. I mean up to this point what has he really shown ANY of you guys that warrants sticking up for him like this?

Nothing beating a dead horse will resolve.

Nobody stuck up for Heath Schuler, or Gus Frerotte. I'm sure a few did but you get the point. Nobody wanted Stan Humphries to stick around for 2-3 more years and "learn the system."

Uhh, yes they did. Do you forget all the people who forgave Gus for that ridiculously stupid move by slamming his head into the wall? Gus had A LOT of supporters. He had help. Heath Shuler...whose attitude was worse than Jay Shroeder (I remember some references to that). No matter who the QB is in this city, the Back-up always tends to be the fan favorite. Right now the starter is Patrick Ramsey, but who is everyone's favorite? Jason Campbell. Why? He hasn't played a down of football for us yet. We just drafted him. And the LAST high round draft pick QB we drafted is the same guy who everyone is b1tching about now.

Watching Ramsey play football is a painful experience. To me he is nothing more than a back-up in this league. If you look at the other QBs in the league I would have to put Ramsey right on par with most most back-ups. The only starter who stinks as bad as Ramsey is Joey Harrington. Both guys have similar happy feet and make the same poor decisions. I think Ramsey has a GUN as strong as Favre, but he has no control and even less vision. Staring down receivers works in College ball, especially Conference USA, but not in the NFL.

:doh: As a Ramsey supporter, I have to wonder when this argument will ever grow old?

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

Nothing beating a dead horse will resolve.

That's what ES is for:laugh:

Uhh, yes they did. Do you forget all the people who forgave Gus for that ridiculously stupid move by slamming his head into the wall? Gus had A LOT of supporters. He had help. Heath Shuler...whose attitude was worse than Jay Shroeder (I remember some references to that). No matter who the QB is in this city, the Back-up always tends to be the fan favorite. Right now the starter is Patrick Ramsey, but who is everyone's favorite? Jason Campbell. Why? He hasn't played a down of football for us yet. We just drafted him. And the LAST high round draft pick QB we drafted is the same guy who everyone is b1tching about now.

I agree, most people ESPECIALLY on extremeskins have back-up QB syndrome. No matter who the backup is when the team is losing they want the back-up in there. Brunell last year was a more specific case of the starter not playing well at all but I think you get the point.

:doh: As a Ramsey supporter, I have to wonder when this argument will ever grow old?

As a Ramsey doubter I would have to say as soon as we have a winning season:laugh:

Originally posted by PREDICTOR

Just to clarify:

you are allowed to say "just shut up" to those who disagree with you; but being called an "a$$clown" is not allowed. You ought to go backand read your first few posts and see how you contradict yourself here. You strated this thread with the intention of calling anyone who may have said something about Ramsey that you disagreed with as "haters" . . . how about we actually conduct ourselves like you are finally suggesting. We'll share our opinions repsectfully . . . and agree to disagree like adults do. Mmmmm-kay?

I agree, most people ESPECIALLY on extremeskins have back-up QB syndrome. No matter who the backup is when the team is losing they want the back-up in there. Brunell last year was a more specific case of the starter not playing well at all but I think you get the point.

Well, considering Brunell is the backup, I don't think anyone is calling for him.

Archived