Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Synder has done it again

jbooma

Redskins Training Camp Built by The Home Depot is almost here! Your first chance to catch a glimpse of Clinton Portis, Patrick Ramsey, Santana Moss, Marcus Washington and Shawn Springs in action this season is Monday, Aug. 1 at Redskins Park.

Click Here to Obtain Your Free Training Camp Invitation!

Fans should print out and bring their Fan Invitation to Redskins Park to gain free admission to training camp. The Fan Invitation will be collected upon arrival at Redskins Park.

There is no cost for fans to attend training camp and plenty of free parking is available.

Complete Training Camp Schedule

Frequently Asked Questions

We'll see you at Redskins Training Camp Built by The Home Depot!

Not only can you watch the players you can get an estimate on a new deck or kitchen :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by arrowhead

And, more importantly, it addresses the issue of crowd control and keeps those pesky scouts from other teams from milling about.

No it's more about him collecting email addresses and home addresses for marketing purposes.. He did the same thing on draft day..

Originally posted by Synergist

No it's more about him collecting email addresses and home addresses for marketing purposes.. He did the same thing on draft day..

BINGO! That's why I filled mine out as Name: Kamala- The Ugandan Giant. Address: Uganda.

This is the same thing that has been done for the last 3 years.

I've gotten in with an "invitation" and without.

I believe it's more used to gage how many people they can expect on a given day than to collect email addresses.

Jeez...with Snyder...everyone always expects something sinister.

Originally posted by scruffylookin

This is the same thing that has been done for the last 3 years.

I've gotten in with an "invitation" and without.

I believe it's more used to gage how many people they can expect on a given day than to collect email addresses.

Jeez...with Snyder...everyone always expects something sinister.

Other than the redskins, what type of business is he in? Marketing?

Its part of a sponsorship deal. I'm sure Home Depot pays some sum (probably a million plus) to have signage at Fed Ex field, and to have a player appearance during the season.

Of course, if you don't like Snyder and the Redskins having tons of cash and making money, then I supose you have good reason to be angry.

This has been done for the past several years, and its been sponsored by Home Depot for the past several years. NOTHING is different than its been in the past. There are a few Home Depot signs scattered around, but its nothing different than before.... no one is being charged for admission, alcohol is not allowed, and overall its a great family-oriented experience.

I never saw then turn anyone away if you didnt bring your 'invitation' or fill one out, but it wont get you on any spam lists either from what Ive seen if you do fill it out.

If youre gonna slam Dan Snyder, at least do it for something that he did WRONG... this is just simple marketing tactics that help him better target Redskins fans for getting on the waitlist, merchandise, functions, etc.

jbooma, youre proving that you are on par with the Nunyo for your lack of attention to detail and your lack of knowledge of the team and how it works.

Originally posted by Jimbo

Does this seem just a tad strange to anyone else that Training Camp sponsor Home Depot is headed up by Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons?

What do you mean "headed up"? It actually doesn't surprise me or seem weird. The ownerz club is one that has many percs and tons of referrals abound. It's not like the owners hate each other like we hate all cowboy fans.

what does it matter, we're there to see the skins anyways right? A telemarketer calls, whatever, as it us, with our caller ID, we avoid most telemarketers usually cause it shows up as "unknown name/number" or "wewantyourinfocorp".

Originally posted by Jimbo

Does this seem just a tad strange to anyone else that Training Camp sponsor Home Depot is headed up by Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons?

I'm not sure about this, but isn't home depot one of Gibbs nacar team sponsors? Also, didn't Gibbs own a small piece of the Falcons before he came back to coaching? Maybe Gibbs is the connection.

Home Depot is one of the sponsors of Joe Gibbs Racing. That is one of the reason why Gibbs was a minority owner in the Falcons before coming to join the Redskins and he and Mr. Blank have a great relationship.

Secondly, last year Training Camp was sponsored by Home Depot and Independence Air. I imagine we will see the same thing again this year. As Blade mentioned ... there are no charges to fans or anything else. Home Depot has an advertising deal with the Redskins and they get a ton of name recognition everytime someone has to say Training Camp by Home Depot ....

Nothing to get twisted panties over

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=1822

Case in point. From last year.

http://dcpages.com/gallery/albums.php?&set_albumListPage=8

Redskins Fan Appreciation Day

An estimated 25,000 people attended Redskins Training Camp Built by The Home Depot on Saturday. Many came to watch Hall of Fame head coach Joe Gibbs in action for the first time since his return to the team last January. The first group of fans arrived as early as 4:30 in the morning. A line to get in the training camp grounds started at 6 a.m.

Archived