Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hardest opponent of Redskins 05' season?

Vman2k6

i'd go with dallas first, obviously.

then it would be the eagles, because i don't see them risking all their starters in the last game of the season against us, which will help us tremendously.

after that i'd say everyone else. the broncs will be tough, but i think we can beat them again. if the chiefs d doesn't get rolling i don't see why anyone would consider them a tough opponent, because our defense can shut down their o, and we really don't have anything to worry about on their defense.

I dont see Dallas as the hardest opponent at all.

Okay, granted they have spanked the Redskins on a regular basis, but as an overall team they were no better than the Redskins last season and as far as I am concerned even at this point for this season.

The Eagles on the other hand are defending NFC Champions, and the Redskins have to play them twice.

Eagles IMO, Easily.

The Eagles have a 6 game winning streak on the Skins right now and have won 8 of the last 10; The Pokes have a 4 game win streak on the Skins and have won 14 of the last 15.

The Eagles are the defending NFC Champs and 4 time NFCE champs... how they can NOT be the toughest on the schedule is beyond me. Dallas would be second-toughest because we can NOT seem to beat them no matter what the heck the team does.

Everyone else is gravy compared to those two teams.

Originally posted by Blade

The Eagles have a 6 game winning streak on the Skins right now and have won 8 of the last 10; The Pokes have a 4 game win streak on the Skins and have won 14 of the last 15.

The Eagles are the defending NFC Champs and 4 time NFCE champs... how they can NOT be the toughest on the schedule is beyond me. Dallas would be second-toughest because we can NOT seem to beat them no matter what the heck the team does.

Everyone else is gravy compared to those two teams.

I would like to say that the Eagles are our "toughest" opponent too, but it seems like when we play them, its either a blowout in thier favor:( or a really close game.

So while they are probably the "tougher" opponent, than the Skins, the Dallas/Washington games are usually very close and blowouts are the exception (except when Tim Hassleback is at QB).

So I see those two games (against Washington) as being "tougher" overall because we will most likely be scratching and clawing for every inch on the field ALL GAME LONG.

I cant say the same when we play Filthy.

The tackling dumbies..................

J/K....... your toughest opponent will the Eagles....especially if Taylor isn't playing. Without him, who is going to scare Pinky. even though he pissed himself during the game at Fed-Ex, he still had over 80 yards receiving....not bad for a chump! And that was with Taylor on the field.

Until we stop breaking NFL records for most penalty yards I'm going to say the Redskins.

Then the team we can never seem to beat...

Dallas

Then the other team we can never seem to beat recently and the best team in the division.

Philly

Seems to me the Dallas game(s), until further notice, are the toughest ones Washington faces. They are the only games in which we have two teams to beat---us and them. There's not a player or fan of this team that doesn't know they have the talent to beat Dallas ... what they lack is the belief they can do so.

Getting over streaks is hard. This one in particular has proven an 800 pound gorilla. Just like with Tuna's Giants teams before we finally broke through against them in '91, until they shake that streak, I don't think they're going to REALLY believe they're ready to take the next step.

um, we can't beat dallas. we can't beat dallas, and we can't beat dallas.

oh, by the way, we still can't beat dallas.

until we do when it's on the line, as much as i hate to say it, those are two losses looking at the schedule every season.

#1 Dallas, because no matter how good we are they find a way to beat us. Unless this team is serious about gaining some respect, we're getting swept again.

#2 Philly is going to be the best team we play all year. TO will be back, as will that defense from the end of last year. As badly as they owned the NFC last year, they could very well do it again. Not kissing butt, they're just that good.

Archived