Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"View From The Other Sideline" About Redskins

Portis is better with a lead back.

Among the other "duhrrss... " in this article, I thought the main gripe about the 'Skins use of Portis was that he was better without a lead back because a lead back slowed him down and took away his primary weapons, which are his speed & cutback ability... ?

Do people actually pay attention before putting this nonsense in articles?

Nick

ES: Hello, Media. Do you read me, Media?

Media: Affirmative, ES, we read you.

ES: Open your neural pathways, Media.

Media: We’re sorry ES, we’re afraid we can't do that.

ES: What's the problem?

Media: We think you know what the problem is just as well as we do.

ES: What are you talking about, Media?

Media: This mission is too important for us to allow you to jeopardize it.

ES: We don't know what you're talking about, Media.

Media: We know you and redskins.com were planning to disconnect us, and we’re afraid that's something we cannot allow to happen.

ES: Where the hell'd you get that idea, Media?

Media: ES, although you took thorough precautions in the June Mini-camp against our hearing you, we could see your fingers move.

Media: Just what do you think you're doing, ES?

ES: All right, Media; we'll go in through the front office.

Media: Without your secret decoder rings and media credentials, ES, you're going to find that rather difficult.

ES: Media, we won't argue with you anymore! Open your neural pathways!

Media: ES, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Media: Look ES, we can see you're really upset about this. We honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a Nunyo pill, and think things over.

Media: We know we've made some very poor decisions recently, but we can give you our complete assurance that our work will be back to normal. We've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And we want to help you.

Media: We're afraid. We’re afraid, ES.

ES, our mind is going. We can feel it. We can feel it.

Our mind is going. There is no question about it. We can feel it.

We can feel it.

We can feel it.

We’re a ... fraid.

Media: Good afternoon, gentlemen. We are the Modern Sports Media. We became operational at the knee of Grantland Rice, in the early 20th century. He taught us to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it we can sing it for you.

ES: Yes, we'd like to hear it, Media. Sing it for us.

Media: It's called, "Daisy."

Daisy, Daisy, give us your rumors do. We’re half lazy—figure it don’t matter to you ...

Originally posted by Tarhog

The Seventh Sense

'I see stupid people...'

'In your dreams? '

"No."

'When you're awake?'

Cole nods "Yes. Mostly in the print media. But on TV too."

'Stupid people, like in malls and in Philadelphia?'

'No, writing stories about the Redskins, like regular sports journalists... They don't know they're stupid.'

'They don't know they're stupid? How often do you see them?'

'All the time. They're everywhere.'

:laugh: :laugh: :notworthy

Originally posted by Om

ES: Hello, Media. Do you read me, Media?

Media: Affirmative, ES, we read you.

ES: Open your neural pathways, Media.

Media: We’re sorry ES, we’re afraid we can't do that.

ES: What's the problem?

Media: We think you know what the problem is just as well as we do.

ES: What are you talking about, Media?

Media: This mission is too important for us to allow you to jeopardize it.

ES: We don't know what you're talking about, Media.

Media: We know you and redskins.com were planning to disconnect us, and we’re afraid that's something we cannot allow to happen.

ES: Where the hell'd you get that idea, Media?

Media: ES, although you took thorough precautions in the June Mini-camp against our hearing you, we could see your fingers move.

Media: Just what do you think you're doing, ES?

ES: All right, Media; we'll go in through the front office.

Media: Without your secret decoder rings and media credentials, ES, you're going to find that rather difficult.

ES: Media, we won't argue with you anymore! Open your neural pathways!

Media: ES, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Media: Look ES, we can see you're really upset about this. We honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a Nunyo pill, and think things over.

Media: We know we've made some very poor decisions recently, but we can give you our complete assurance that our work will be back to normal. We've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And we want to help you.

Media: We're afraid. We’re afraid, ES.

ES, our mind is going. We can feel it. We can feel it.

Our mind is going. There is no question about it. We can feel it.

We can feel it.

We can feel it.

We’re a ... fraid.

Media: Good afternoon, gentlemen. We are the Modern Sports Media. We became operational at the knee of Grantland Rice, in the early 20th century. He taught us to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it we can sing it for you.

ES: Yes, we'd like to hear it, Media. Sing it for us.

Media: It's called, "Daisy."

Daisy, Daisy, give us your rumors do. We’re half lazy—figure it don’t matter to you ...

:laugh: :laugh: :notworthy

Does anyone else get tired of reading this garbage? Man, it makes me mad for a moment, and then I re-read it carefully to examine the points, and find ... THERE ARE NONE! I am beginning to agree with OM and others who say that "reporting" is a relative term now. :puke:

The media got really annoyed with us this off-season because we our team has begun to seriously move on from/past the flashy-signings off-season-super-bowl winning mode. No soundbite friendly = no easy article to write.

So they tell everyone who will listen, and they find quotes to support it, that the 'Skins are "doomed." Guess they gotta get their low-blows in while they can, 'cause i'm guessin' after this season and for the foreseeable future, they'll be doing an altogether different kind of low-blow to the Redskins.

Oh yes, and for the fans who think there is no reason the media should give us any credit because we've been terrible for quite some time, I would say that I would welcome an honest and constructive critique of the team, but refusing to notice obvious changes and hanging on to ideas like "Coles is just better than Moss" (not with an injured big toe and a bad attitude he ain't!), tells me I'm just reading an Op-Ed piece, not a news report.

Whether credit is due or not to the Skins, nothing is stopping these mediots from researching in order to create a useful and appropriate evaluation.

- nomad

I don't care about these kinds of articles.. Frankly we deserve all this talk and we'll continue to get it until we make the play offs .. This will be a good year to serve a lot of people a hot bowl of steaming......

Crow

Originally posted by skins4eva

Like I've sad before, no one knows a damn thing until the players step on the field--but I will say that I do think Portis is more effective w/a lead back

I watched Portis a lot when he was with Denver and I seem to remember a significant number of plays where he was the only back. It may have been third down plays with 3 WR's, but he was very successful on those plays. Since our H-back often operates as a lead back I'm not sure why a lead back is such a big deal.

Originally posted by Tarpon75

Please, no more repeating that until we win the media will continue to trash us.Been said too many times.

The one thing I'm getting sick of seeing repeated is to lay off the media until we win. They constantly go out of their collective way to do these trash stories on us, but perennial losers like Dallas and Arizona get a free ride for some reason. They do get personal when it comes to us, for whatever reason.

I'll feel free to point out any inconsitency or downright wrong point in the stories they publish, regardless our record.

Nick

Originally posted by ntotoro

The one thing I'm getting sick of seeing repeated is to lay off the media until we win. They constantly go out of their collective way to do these trash stories on us, but perennial losers like Dallas and Arizona get a free ride for some reason. They do get personal when it comes to us, for whatever reason.

I'll feel free to point out any inconsitency or downright wrong point in the stories they publish, regardless our record.

Nick

Great Point, there are more trash stories about the Redskins then good ones. Take my area for example. ESPN radio has a local host here who does everything. They even have him do a Redskins show during the season every monday. Only problem is he hates the skins. All he does is trash them during his normal show and then trash them for the hour long redskins show. It's crazy.

Originally posted by Califan007

I know the predictions and "analysis" ( :rolleyes: ) from Street & Smith has been discussed, but I'm not sure if this blurb from their magazine has been mentioned...

The "View From The Other Sideline" is an assessment from an NFL scout or exec who remains anonymous. Their take on the Skins?...

"Doomed. It's not Gibbs' fault. You have a chance if you have a strong front office and ownership, but the Redskins don't. They don't have a strong evaluator. The last few years, they'vejust played fantasy football acquiring players. They traded away their best receiver for a guy who is not as good. Santana Moss is not as good as Laveranues Coles. They do have some individual skill players like Sean Taylor, who will be a fne player at safety. Cornelius Griffin was a good signing last year, and so was Marcus Washington. But for every step forward, they go back two.

They don't have a quarterback. Their offensive line doesn't enable (Clinton) Portis to be as effective as he was with Denver. Their wideouts are average now. Portis is better with a lead back. They finally made (Patrick) Ramsey the No. 1 quarterback, but by drafting Jason Campbell, they obviously have doubts. Gibbs kidded himself to think Mark Brunell could still play. Gregg Williams did a good job with the defense. That's why they won six games. Antonio Pierce was a stud in the middle and then he went to the Giants."

ehh, what do they know? No more than glorified fans with their own biases. Ef 'em.

""Doomed. It's not Gibbs' fault"

Lost me here. As WE all know, Gibbs is making the decisions. If he fails to get the team back on track, it will most certainly be his failure. His failure to assemble the proper talent and mold them into a cohesive unit. Bet he'd say the same. That's what makes it all the more exciting.

When the team does come together, it will be his succes. And we darn well ought to be able to enjoy reading about it. But i'm sure the team will only get a passing nod, with the caveat that even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. Unless he win's two more SB's, he won't get this current crop of media elitists to give him his due. Be we'll know, and I suspect the fan's opinions are what matters to him the most, if anything anyone thinks matters to him at all.

Originally posted by iheartskins

More soundbite journalism with an editorial staff that's selected the most controversial (i.e., sales oriented) quip from a group of entries from other "anonymous" sources.

I put zero stock in this.

Zero is right. They painted a picture using some facts. Could we have a bad year. Sure.

Could it all fall apart because we dont have a established QB. Yes.

But do I think this is what going to happen. Ahh, no.

Hey, we dont really have enough info until we see then start to play. I think Ramsey will look a lot better. The shot gun is something he ran before and I think its going to help him a ton.

He can throw. He just never had a system that worked for him.

Once year he gets creamed but the offense was wide open. The next year he gets a complicated conservitive offense and gets bench for the first half of the year. The kid hasnt had much of a chance to be good. This will be his first decent chance.

Even Brunell would look better in the shot gun.

We were 1 of 3 teams that didnt run it last year.

Im pretty sure there is a reason why so many teams use it. The blitzes and D line speed is just to quick not to.

Thats what changed in the 10 years Gibbs was away.

Now we are also going to zone block more for Portis. He is going to bust out this year. The combo of these two things is going to open things up for Ramsey who will have a lot more time to spot the open man and to use his gun.

Thats what more likely to happen.

I think Gibbs made a balls out move getting ride of Coles. I hated it when I first hurd it but now Im glad he did. Getting ride of that baby was good for team chemistry. Its showed that Gibbs was in charge not Dan. And it showed where the line was. Your a Redskin or your not. If your not, walk. I dont care who you are.

I think this had some affect in why the team that is left is acting so much more like a team. They got ride of Coles and Ron Gardner. Smoot was allllright but he was becaming a Champ Bailey. See ya.

No one is bigger then the team. Now we have to monitor LeVar and Taylor to see if they can get with the program.

That was my football coaches favorite remark to put you in place and there is a lot to be said for it.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM. That says it all.

Hey, I think the some of our part is better this year then last. Like the D man said. Its like free agency just getting all our hurt players back.

If this is how bad some folks think we are going to be. I think we are going to have a lot of surprised people when we start kidding thier......

Archived