Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WWE Monday Night Raw

Heidenreich

Originally posted by TheDane

Matt Hardy is getting big pops?

You've got to be joking. Man, I haven't watched this stuff in a while.

As the story goes (not the storyline), Edge banged Lita, causing Matt & lita ( a couple in real life) to break up.

Then, Vince fired Matt, and paired Edge & Lita on screen. Every week the crowd (at least those who knew the story) would chant "We want Matt, We want Matt"

He came back Monday night & the place went crazy.

I give it six weeks, then Edge will kick his ass (as he should) and Matt will go back to sucking again.....

Too bad Bret "The Hitman" Heart, the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, Yokozuna, Doink, Lex Luger, Razor Ramone, Diesel, the oldschool Undertaker, Owen Hart, and Pyscho Sid were the golden days of the WWF. It was so badass back in the day, now all the wrestlers SUCK, Batista is the only one I can root for and that is because he is from D.C.

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by BayouBrave86

Too bad Bret "The Hitman" Heart, the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, Yokozuna, Doink, Lex Luger, Razor Ramone, Diesel, the oldschool Undertaker, Owen Hart, and Pyscho Sid were the golden days of the WWF. It was so badass back in the day, now all the wrestlers SUCK, Batista is the only one I can root for and that is because he is from D.C.

I'll go back a little further:

WWE golden age: Hulk Hogan, Andre, Mancho Man, The British Bulldogs, The Heart Foundation

NWA/WCW golden age: The Original Four Horsemen, Dusty, Nikita, The Road Warriors, The Rock n Roll Express, The Midnight Express

Originally posted by sith lord

I'll go back a little further:

WWE golden age: Hulk Hogan, Andre, Mancho Man, The British Bulldogs, The Heart Foundation

NWA/WCW golden age: The Original Four Horsemen, Dusty, Nikita, The Road Warriors, The Rock n Roll Express, The Midnight Express

You are so right! We actually agree on something! :cheers:

You should view the Ric flair DVD set. Classic matches of him and Dusty Rhodes. I think Wrestling took a serious nosedive with the introduction of doink. Then again when the WCW and ECW folded.

Earlier this year, in Baltimore County, they proclaimed it to be Nikolai Volkoff day. It was the same day he was inducted in the WWE hall of fame. He works for Baltimore county now.

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by rictus58

I dont know. Magnum TA was pretty dope! Magum TA

:rolleyes:

Yeah, he was. If his career wasn't cut short, he would of been the NWA's Hulk Hogan. Do you remember the "I Quit" steel cage match between him and Blanchard? Now that was a classic.

I love the Flair DVD, but I wanted to see more of his old NWA matches when wrasslin' was territorial...back in the day, the Champ would go to different areas and fight the local guy, like the Von Erichs in World Class Wrestling, Lawler & Austin Idol in Mid-South, Barry Windham & Dusty Rhodes in Florida...loved those old matches... plus his feud w/harley Race, Greg Valentine. Ronnie Garvin, etc. plus loved these guys Dibiase, Bruiser Brody (RIP), Butch Reed, Magnum TA, Stan Hansen, Fabulous Ones (steve Keirn/Stan Lane), rock&roll express/midnight express, Legion of Doom, Brad armstrong, Rick Rude (RIP) & Curt Henning (RIP)...too many to mention...plus the managers ain't the same...JJ Dillion, Paul Ellering, Grand Wizard, Freddie Blassy, Paul Jones, Lou Albano & Slick...those guys had charisma...today, guys are talented physically, but not everyone has the vocal skills to be a star...Did anyone get the Legion of Doom (Road Warriors) DVD? I thought it was too much talking on it and not enough action...those guys did it all...since WWE owns all the old footage from WCW, they should have put out a better product and not just focus on Hawk (RIP). My :2cents: times :2cents: and then some :cool:

Originally posted by Heidenreich

As the story goes (not the storyline), Edge banged Lita, causing Matt & lita ( a couple in real life) to break up.

Then, Vince fired Matt, and paired Edge & Lita on screen. Every week the crowd (at least those who knew the story) would chant "We want Matt, We want Matt"

He came back Monday night & the place went crazy.

I give it six weeks, then Edge will kick his ass (as he should) and Matt will go back to sucking again.....

So Edge actually banged Lita while her and Matt were dating? Wow. I have tuned out way too long. What makes McMahon think Matt won't go off and beat the sh!t out of Edge at any time?

http://www.wrestlingdotcom.com/news/123758038.php

From wrestlingdotcom.com:

FYI, WWE just fired senior referee Earl Hebner & his twin Dave for selling merchandise illegally. We have heard from several readers that Earl Hebner and his brother used to run a wrestling merchandise and patio furniture store out of Richmond, Va. that sold replica belts, CDs, PPV chairs and more. This could be a possible reason for his firing. We do know that he was released and Dave, his twin brother, is under investigation. Keep in mind that Dave was in charge of merchandising sales at local arena's for house shows so this could be a much larger deal than first thought. Earl was the guy, who 3 weeks ago who covered up the diva search contestant Lelani after her wardrobe malfunction. She returned the next week and faked giving him a strip tease and hit him low in the "family jewels" :nutkick: for disqualifying her. "Protect yourself at all times" :laugh:

It's a shame to lose your job after 20+ years for doing something stupid. :gus:

I just saw this thread and wanted to say that I've been watching the WWF/WWE since 1979. I know it is fake and have since I almost started watching it. My father told me it was fake right after I almost broke my little brother's leg by putting him in the figure four leg lock. He told me they know how to do those moves and holds without hurting one another. But it was still cool to do. :D

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/hassanwwe

With the events going on in the world today, WWE makes a change. Even though it's all entertainment, sometimes they do cross the line. :doh: This looks like that was the case this time around. Usually, when something happens (real world), WWE creative department writes a storyline similar to the real event. Time for some new ideas Vinnie Mac.

Archived