Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportsline: Defensive Rankings (An Absolute Joke!!)

mhd24

8. Dunta Robinson, Texans Normally, we shy away from rookies, but this guy could be extraordinary. He has great ball skills and rarely is beaten. Plus, he doesn't shy away from making tackles. "He is the complete package," said one scout.

So, let me get this straight...they ranked a rookie ahead of Springs...because he COULD be good??...

Good lord... :doh:

Originally posted by Califan007

So, let me get this straight...they ranked a rookie ahead of Springs...because he COULD be good??...

Good lord... :doh:

Umm, Dunta Robinson just completed his rookie season. He was very good, but he did get burned a lot early on. Springs, on the other hand, was a monster all season.

5. Kris Jenkins, Panthers Carolina is built on a foundation of defense, with Peppers and Jenkins the cornerstones. Jenkins has outstanding upper and lower body strength and is hard to move. Opponents discovered that two seasons ago when he had a career-high 45 tackles, with five sacks and five blocked passes.

Shaun Rogers, #2 on the list had 48 tackles, 4 sacks and 5 passes defensed last year.

Marcus Stroud, #3 had 54 tackles, 4.5 sacks and 3 passes defensed last year.

Jamal Williams, #7 had 24 tackles, 4 sacks and 4 passes defensed last year.

La'Roi Glover, #8 had 32 tackles, 7 sacks and 1 pass defensed.

Darwin Walker, #10 had 21 tackles, 4.5 sacks and 2 passes defensed last season.

Griffins had 56 tackles,6 sacks and 6 passes defensed last year. Griffin did better than 6 guys on this list last season; shows the media bias towards the Redskins. But whatever; as long as he keeps producing, who cares if anyone notices!

EDIT: I know stats aren't the entire picture, but Griffin was pretty dominant last season, beyond the stats. Corner is a little harder to use stats for, because the better corners don't get thrown to very often. But, Springs was definitely a top 10 corner last year. Again, who cares if this ass-clown doesn't recognize him; his list means just a little bit less than the dookie I left in the toilet earlier :pooh:

I'd love to be able to say I'm pissed at this. but I'm really not. Definately a few head scratchers there but nothing to get worked up over for me. As long as the defense as a whole can repeat or come close to repeating its performance of last season, I'm a happy guy.

Originally posted by Clinton Portis

Well Face it, until we win, no one will put us on lists. :doh:

Tired of this excuse.

Marcus Stroud,, what did he win last year?

How about Kris Jenkins?

John Henderson?

What did LeRoi Glover win last year?

How about Zack Thomas or Jason Taylor? What did they win?

What about Keith Bulluck, who they have rated as the best OLB in the league? Has he ever won ANYTHING>?

Derrick Brooks?? julian Petersen???? (he missed ten games last year to injury!) What did they win last year?

Five of the top top SIX corners they list didn't make the playoffs last year. In fact, 8 of their top ten corners didnt make the playoffs last year.

Enough of this "when we win" crap.

Obviously, winning isn't a criteria. Being a member of 31 other teams sure seems to help, though.

~Bang

Originally posted by Bang

Tired of this excuse.

Marcus Stroud,, what did he win last year?

How about Kris Jenkins?

John Henderson?

What did LeRoi Glover win last year?

How about Zack Thomas or Jason Taylor? What did they win?

What about Keith Bulluck, who they have rated as the best OLB in the league? Has he ever won ANYTHING>?

Derrick Brooks?? julian Petersen???? (he missed ten games last year to injury!) What did they win last year?

Five of the top top SIX corners they list didn't make the playoffs last year. In fact, 8 of their top ten corners didnt make the playoffs last year.

Enough of this "when we win" crap.

Obviously, winning isn't a criteria. Being a member of 31 other teams sure seems to help, though.

~Bang

I agree with everything except for Derrick Brooks. Dude is a monster. Plus they won the superbowl 3 years ago. They haven't done squat since then, but they did win it, and he was a huge part of their season.

But as for the others; you're totally right. They haven't won squat! Its all B.S. - its just a major media bias against the Skins. Its total bull:pooh:

Originally posted by jtyler42

We will get the respect we deserve when we win...Until then we can expect the same media bias to continue....It doesnt even surprise me anymore....I'm more surprised when something positive is said about us...

:doh:

Read Bang's post which is two posts above yours.

:doh:

Originally posted by NYFootballGIANTS

I think that the media is being intentionally biased against the Redskins. Sure, maybe you don't agree with his opinions and maybe his choices aren't the best, but I think he made his choices because he hates the Redskins.

What is, "Why 3 time superbowl champ Art Monk is not in the Hall."

Originally posted by NYFootballGIANTS

I don't think that the media is being intentionally biased against the Redskins. Sure, maybe you don't agree with his opinions and maybe his choices aren't the best, but I hardly think he made his choices because he hates the Redskins.

I don't advocate deleting words out of a post that your going to quote. But I couldn't resist only having to erase 2 words to prove why #81 is not in Canton.

10. Will Demps, Ravens He has pass-coverage skills but the Ravens normally play him up to defend the run. He's a sure, physical tackler and not bad against the pass, although he's better against tight ends and backs than receivers. Always seems to have his hands on the ball.

ok thats it... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Could someone please do me a huge favor and find three...just 3 DT's that had a better season than C.Griffin. I ask because at one point in the later part of the 2004 season I looked up all the stats for all of the DT's in the NFL and there were maybe two that were even close to his. How in the world could he not be ranked in the top ten?

Originally posted by Bonef1de

What is, "Why 3 time superbowl champ Art Monk is not in the Hall."

Why did Harry Carson with 9 Pro Bowl appearances never make the Hall? Was it because the media hates the Giants?

Originally posted by flexxskins

Could someone please do me a huge favor and find three...just 3 DT's that had a better season than C.Griffin. I ask because at one point in the later part of the 2004 season I looked up all the stats for all of the DT's in the NFL and there were maybe two that were even close to his. How in the world could he not be ranked in the top ten?

They still aren't very good rankings, but I don't think they are based on just last season. If they were, shouldn't Tiki Barber be a lot higher up than 10th as a running back? He did have more than 1500 rushing yards which is second in the NFC.

Archived