Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Sign Dyson

vegeta613

Originally posted by jrockster77

I remember seeing him make some big plays on Sportscenter in the time of yore.....hopefully he's still got some playmaking ability left. I think he will be a good possesion receiver, if nothing else. Probably fight for the 4th wide-receiver spot with Thrash and McCants.

In my humble opinion:

1. Moss

2. Jacobs

3. Patten

4, 5, 6. Thrash/Dyson/McCants

I think it's safe to say we'll have 5 WR's on the squad this year.

Bringing in Dyson, as well as working out Antonio Freeman is a sign to me that Gibbs wants to bring a sense of professionalism, leadership, and "know how" to the team. Between the two of them, there are four Super Bowl appearances. They have a sense of the commitment, desire, dedication, and effort needed to get to a Super Bowl.

I believe that Coach Gibbs hopes that this will be able to rub off on some of the other guys on the team.

Sometimes, infusing a roster with a few winners is just as important as the sheer talent or production that they may be able to bring at this point in their career, as is the case with Dyson.

Originally posted by TODD

I think it's safe to say we'll have 5 WR's on the squad this year.

only 5? I actually left out a name on my list:

4, 5, 6. Thrash/Dyson/McCants/Brown.

If you are right, and it is only 5, then which 2 will be cut? Not including 50/50 of course.....

Leadership, leadership, leadership.

Says here that the Redskins receiving corps is going to shock a WHOLE lot of people this year. Guys are going to be where they're supposed to be, when they're supposed to be there. They're going to know the game plan and execute within it. They're going to give consistent effort, both on and off the field.

Add the Cooley factor underneath to the speed of Moss, the potential break-out of Taylor Jacobs, the experience and leadership of guys like Patten, Thrash and Dyson, and THEN throw in the Gibbs year-two schematic impact (oh, you don't have to believe me now, just be sure to remember where you heard it come, say, late October :) ) ... and this group is going to suddenly become something much larger than the sum of its parts.

This signing is a breath of fresh air after the last few days.

Originally posted by Om

Leadership, leadership, leadership.

Says here that the Redskins receiving corps is going to shock a WHOLE lot of people this year. Guys are going to be where they're supposed to be, when they're supposed to be there. They're going to know the game plan and execute within it. They're going to give consistent effort, both on and off the field.

Add the Cooley factor underneath to the speed of Moss, the potential break-out of Taylor Jacobs, the experience and leadership of guys like Patten, Thrash and Dyson, and THEN throw in the Gibbs year-two schematic impact (oh, you don't have to believe me now, just be sure to remember where you heard it come, say, late October :) ) ... and this group is going to suddenly become something much larger than the sum of its parts.

This signing is a breath of fresh air after the last few days.

a breath of fresh air it is..:cheers:

they were interested in Dyson way back in march... i remember the Post or the Times running a story about the Skins being interested in Dyson and I was kind of hoping at the time it was Andre .

I think he has been brought in as camp fodder he hasn't played in two years I am not sure if it was injury or something else but when he did he did play well . Weather he will be able to push McCants or Thrash out is another story, but competition is never a bad thing.

Originally posted by OWUeagleMD

The Titans chose Dyson over Moss-- Worthless trivia.

I think he meant Santana Moss.

As far as Randy Moss, he fell all the way to #21 because of off the field problems and attitude problems. But hindsight is 20/20, and I'm sure all 20 teams that picked before Minny are kicking themselves to this day.

A veteran with experience. Even more competition, a low-risk move cause he comes cheap, I expect.

I'm trying to remember when it was but a couple of years ago the Redskins were thinking about signing K. Dyson. For some reason, 2003 jumps out at me. But the Skins stayed away because he was injury prone. Can't remember right now.

Don't know why people think this is much of a surprise. We talked about this posibility a couple of months ago.

Personally, there is no downside with this. You are bringing someone in who has actually has done something in this league, is at an age where he may have something left in the tank, and can help mentor a young receiving corp. Even if he never sees the field, he can help in training camp. Nice to see the team do it.

Jason

Archived