Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Sign Dyson

vegeta613

Dyson could be a special teamer, not only as a return man but perhaps a gunner with Jacobs...no harm no foul....its not like the Pats have had many #1s....be where you're supposed to be and make the catch and you can contribute and make first downs

Originally posted by LivestrongSkins

I pity the poor nickleback who has to deal with jacobs, patten, dyson, mccants, etc

Are you kidding? There's not a 3rd CB in the NFL that wouldn't be salivating looking at that group of scrubs. Moss and Patten are 1 and 2, right? At least they've accomplished the most. Look at what else you got. Jacobs, who's done jack squat in 2 years. McCants, who's done about the same, its just taken him longer. Thrash, who couldn't stick with the WR desparate Eagles, and now Dyson? Puh-lease! That has got to be without a doubt the worst group of 3rd WR candidates in the entire NFL, and I bet there are a few Canadian teams that could beat that, too.

For nicklebacks in the NFL next year, Christmas Eve is going to the night before they play the Skins. If Gibbs is smart (and I know he is) you're not going to see many 3 WR sets next year.

Originally posted by flashback

Are you kidding? There's not a 3rd CB in the NFL that wouldn't be salivating looking at that group of scrubs. Moss and Patten are 1 and 2, right? At least they've accomplished the most. Look at what else you got. Jacobs, who's done jack squat in 2 years. McCants, who's done about the same, its just taken him longer. Thrash, who couldn't stick with the WR desparate Eagles, and now Dyson? Puh-lease! That has got to be without a doubt the worst group of 3rd WR candidates in the entire NFL, and I bet there are a few Canadian teams that could beat that, too.

For nicklebacks in the NFL next year, Christmas Eve is going to the night before they play the Skins. If Gibbs is smart (and I know he is) you're not going to see many 3 WR sets next year.

Another example of how far a lack of knowledge coupled with a shocking need to be noticed creates that which is a typical Cowboy fan. The Redskins have exceptional depth at receiver with Dyson, Thrash and Jacobs presumably in the roles of No. 3, No. 4 and No. 5 receivers in whatever order that happens to be.

The team may lack -- or it may not -- a legitimate No. 1 threat, but, the ability to spread the field with experienced receivers capable of creating missmatches against many nickel defenses is clear. Now, it may not be as evident if the team doesn't get a player out there capable of catching 70-plus passes, but, that's a different conversation.

No one would suggest the Redskins don't have a deep receiving core either from experience or potential and talent. Perhaps you felt it was necessary to deny the facts here in an effort to hide the dramatic limitations in the Cowboys receiving core where you have no legitimate proven option as a third receiver and have no highly thought of prospect either.

Is that it?

Or is it that the logic you use to grade our receivers doesn't apply to stalwarts like Quincy Morgan?

Originally posted by Bufford

I still think they hang onto Rod and see if they can move him before the end of the summer.

I think you could be right, I am also leaning towards they may keep him this season. We all know what happens in a contract year, players tend to step it up a notch in hopes of the big contract. I wish the Skins would give him a little incentive to stick around for his contract year.

Dyson, Thrash and Jacobs are SCRUBS who would not make any other roster in the NFL, as demonstrated so spectacularly by Dyson last year. Jacobs is an unmitigated BUST, who will end up in Canada or the AFL if he wants to contunue playing football professionally when Danny and Joe give up on him. And when the Eagles don't want you as a WR, that's a big hint that you're not really a WR.

The difference between you and me is, I'm not happy with my teams WR situation. I'm not in here bragging about the troubles CBs are going to have with the like of Morgan, Crayton and Copper. But I wouldn't trade any of those guys for anybody behind Moss and Patten on your club.

flashback, you've gone beyond the pale, brother. Not quite sure when you crossed the line between ardent defender of your team and bombastic absolutist who thinks he's an NFL scout, but you clearly have.

To prove me wrong, tell us the precise criteria by which you've determined that Taylor Jacobs "is an unmitigated bust." What you say---and do NOT say---will illustrate for all reading here just exactly what you're all about.

This could be a good "Henry Ellard" type of pick-up. Dyson is a solid possession guy with good hands who runs good routes. Don't know what injuries have kept him out the past couple of years. Assuming that he is physically up to the task and makes the team, he brings solid experience and should provide PR with a good target over the middle and underneath coverage.

My question is this: Taking in their age, coupled with their injury history, are either Dyson or Freeman a better choice then a young healthy McCants? Wasnt McCants tied with L.C. a couple years ago for most TD's? I can agree with the Dyson signing, but are we really considering Freeman???

Originally posted by Stew

but are we really considering Freeman???

no. He came and went without an offer of any kind. - Working out a player is harmless.

Originally posted by flashback

Dyson, Thrash and Jacobs are SCRUBS who would not make any other roster in the NFL,

Jacobs is an unmitigated BUST, who will end up in Canada or the AFL if he wants to contunue playing football professionally

:laugh: - Cowboys fans are funny.

Archived